Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Afk In Full Server Kicker

I have decided to make a topic about this because it happens to me all the time and I'm sure it happens to others as well. As being an admin on jailbreak there needs to be constant watch over the server to look out for baiters, freekills, etc.. When I am in my apartment or in class sometimes I like to sit in spectate to watch over the server because I cannot play. Even if there are admins playing on T and such on the server, having an admin in spectate saves the game from becoming 'delayed' for an admin to mute, slay, t-list. I understand and do not want the AFK kicker taken off the server because I believe AFK players should be kicked if they are not playing. I just think Reserved slots should be given out to admins that would like to do this. I haven't came up with a flaw to this yet so you guys can pick at my post but I thought I would just bring up the idea because it seems as if it could be beneficial

. :monkey:

thoughts?

I have decided to make a topic about this because it happens to me all the time and I'm sure it happens to others as well. As being an admin on jailbreak there needs to be constant watch over the server to look out for baiters, freekills, etc.. When I am in my apartment or in class sometimes I like to sit in spectate to watch over the server because I cannot play. Even if there are admins playing on T and such on the server, having an admin in spectate saves the game from becoming 'delayed' for an admin to mute, slay, t-list. I understand and do not want the AFK kicker taken off the server because I believe AFK players should be kicked if they are not playing. I just think Reserved slots should be given out to admins that would like to do this. I haven't came up with a flaw to this yet so you guys can pick at my post but I thought I would just bring up the idea because it seems as if it could be beneficial

thoughts?

Admins have a reserved slot, just are not immune to being kicked for being AFK in a full server. The flaw in your plan is that by having an admin occasionally helping out in spectate while mostly AFK it prevents other players who want to play full time from joining the server. As an Admin / VIP you have the right to be apart of the server any time you wish, however, you are not above essentially preventing others from joining the server. We have more than enough active Jailbreak admins that some arbitrarily spectating isn't required.

Edited by Papa John
  • 2 weeks later...

Changed it up a bit, to give admin/vip a bit of an advantage/perk

Root admins now get 24 extra minutes, on top of the 5 already granted to everyone.

Trusted 12 minutes

Regular 6 minutes

VIP 3 minutes

edit: I should add, so people don't complain -- effective next server restart