Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Harrasment

X7 sword

So I am being harrased by a player. He is calling me a clopper (a person who masterbates to ponys) and RIGHT NOW OMG NOW NO JOKE he is telling everyone I am a clopper and I am disgusting. I am hurt and I feel disrespected. Acording to the ZS server rules that harrasment is against the rules. If he keeps this up can I kick him? I do feel REALLY hurt

I am an admin and im afraid I will get baned for kicking him so tell me if its ok if I kick him if he keeps it up.

If he's disrespecting you then follow the warn/kick/ban procedure like I said. Make sure you have proof of the incident and you won't get in trouble.

• Like 2

Do what deathshot said. If anything you can always go and get some leadership in TS to come and talk to said player or ban him on the spot. IF hes disrespecting or trolling you or being a douche, you are allowed to handle it with Warn/kick/ban. Just make sure u keep a demo or take screenies.

http://hellsgamers.c...entdissrespect/

Mark has already told you that you need proof.

The thing is, I'm pretty sure this guy is an admin the server specified. Kicking him would be labeled as abuse.

You need to record (type: record demoname) in console, and upload it to the ban forums. There is also a way to record what is being said in Teamspeak, but you would need to talk to someone else about how to go around doing that.

I suggest you talk to one of the Gmod staff, and get them to help you on the subject. If not, you need proof of him saying stuff and his steam ID.

YOU CANNOT TAKE ACTION INGAME IF HE IS AN ADMIN! DO NOT DO WHAT IS SUGGESTED ABOVE!!!!!!

Edited by WhataWackaMonk

Bringing a higher rank into the server is always the best step. It's happened to me a few times when I've asked leadership to help me with issues I'm having with players. That's one of the reasons they're there and one of the reason it's good to always be in teamspeak.

On the note of kicking him, unless he's doing something that affects a large part of the server negatively (i.e. banning players randomly) I wouldn't do anything. It's much safer for you to make a ban report or call a member of leadership in.

I hope this gets resolved cause both of you being recruits and admins in the same server, you'll be both on a lot.

Paid admins can ban eachother? Didn't know that.

Yes, they can. When every single person who posts on a thread says someone is in the wrong, I'm pretty sure holding on to some improperly applied rule made to save admins who are being responsible from those who are not is the wrong thing to do. Common sense (again most things related to Jailbreak come down to this... despite how little of it most of you lack) should be more than enough to convince you that kicking or banning a player like this, admin or not, for behavior like this is the proper course of action. Now if you want to be a complete stick-in-ass about rules, which would not even be properly applied if done so to this situation, then sure let's not ban him. Let's instead wait for our amazing abuse report process to handle the situation in 5 to 7 business days.

I once banned Lordbon from the jailbreak server for banning people one after another. He was then permanently banned from all servers shortly after. Try common sense.

They can't.. its laz, what do you expect?

Read above. I'm far more inclined to follow what is best for the players in a server than some improperly applied rule that we only hold to because we're too lazy to deal with the 2 oz. can of worms it might open.

Someone's being a real faghandle, and he's an admin? Take a screenshot or two of his bullshit. Ban him. He'll report you, and if you're completely in the right, you'll win. If you lose?... well that's why we only have 7 DLs now isn't it.

Edited by Larry

Yes, they can. When every single person who posts on a thread says someone is in the wrong, I'm pretty sure holding on to some improperly applied rule made to save admins who are being responsible from those who are not is the wrong thing to do. Common sense (again most things related to Jailbreak come down to this... despite how little of it most of you lack) should be more than enough to convince you that kicking or banning a player like this, admin or not, for behavior like this is the proper course of action. Now if you want to be a complete stick-in-ass about rules, which would not even be properly applied if done so to this situation, then sure let's not ban him. Let's instead wait for our amazing abuse report process to handle the situation in 5 to 7 business days.

I once banned Lordbon from the jailbreak server for banning people one after another. He was then permanently banned from all servers shortly after. Try common sense.

Read above. I'm far more inclined to follow what is best for the players in a server than some improperly applied rule that we only hold to because we're too lazy to deal with the 2 oz. can of worms it might open.

Someone's being a real faghandle, and he's an admin? Take a screenshot or two of his bullshit. Ban him. He'll report you, and if you're completely in the right, you'll win. If you lose?... well that's why we only have 7 DLs now isn't it.

For average rule-breaking, other admins shouldn't be banning eachother. Its one thing if somebody is going on a ban spree, and another thing if he is being mean.

For average rule-breaking, other admins shouldn't be banning eachother. Its one thing if somebody is going on a ban spree, and another thing if he is being mean.

Weird, I didn't realize we had levels of breaking a rule. So what you're saying is that if someone's not breaking the rules ENOUGH, we'll just let it go.

Well hell, I might have to go back and play jailbreak again. We're goin back to 2010! Hell yeah, be right there.

Common sense (again most things related to Jailbreak come down to this... despite how little of it most of you lack) should be more than enough to convince you that kicking or banning a player like this, admin or not, for behavior like this is the proper course of action.

Which is why I don't play Jailbreak. Too many rules and too many rule breakers. More of a headache than it is worth. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence Larry. I was asking a legitimate question. Sorry if you took it the wrong way.

*EDIT*

Sorry for going on Jajolt just wanted to clear that up. I'm done in this thread =)

Edited by Sonick