Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

"say" Error In Jb Server.

I am having a problem using the say command, bound to y, in the JB server.

When I press "y" and being typing the text shows in the box where you type but once I press enter nothing is shown in chat, not even my name. The error given in console when this happens is "Tried to look up command say as if it were a variable."

I have tried restarting steam, restarting GO client, disconnecting from the server and reconnecting while keeping client open, using a back up of my cfg file, using steams "verify integrity of game cache" option in which one file was found missing but after that file was downloaded it did not fix the problem either, unbind and rebind y, and binding "say" to a different key.

Using team chat gives the same error except "say_team" replaces "say" in the error. If a non alphabetical character is put in front of what I'm typing like "%words" "#words" etc. the text is shown in the chat but the error is still put out in console. Going into another server allows my chat to show up but the same error is still given out in console.

I was trying to figure out the sm_coloredname command. I was using the hexadecimal system to change my name color but I realized that did not work. I then used the carrot command to set my colors correctly " ^5 ". Before this say error happened my name was changed back to the mess up when I had it with hexadecimal out of no where, without my input. I typed " sm_coloredname "" " in console to clear my colored name and after that command was entered the say error started. My name switched back to the hexadecimal mess up hours after I had corrected it though.

Does anyone have an idea what is causing this problem and how to fix it? Google has given me a ton of results with people reporting the same error but I could not find a solution. RageQuit attempted to troubleshoot it with me and said the same error was being put out in his console also but his words will still showing in chat like they should.

Edit: Re installing GO didn't fix it.

Edit: So now chat is working.. except for some words.. If I type "test" nothing shows...

Edited by Image Ex