Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Ideas For Jailbreak Map

Hey i was hoping to start off this topic by just listing off some new ideas for the jailbreak map to freshen it up a bit.

• Put boards (like hockey rink boards) around the race, change the floor to an ice like surface, and have your own mini-ice rink in the prison :)

• Change sauna into the Wardens Office where it has like a 2 bullet double barrel shotgun underneath a desk and like easter egg photos on the walls.

• Make hurdles more harder in the way that some hurdles are thicker/longer than other hurdles.

• For each holiday have a theme for the map (i.e. 4/20, have all drugs be weed and the map has more green, halloween make all drugs be candies)

• Have a scoreboard in soccer

• Take out soccer put in a basketball court instead and have a no bullet deagle be the basketball.

• Redecorate the cells :) like the beds be by the wall closest to kitchen and the toilets/sinks be on the back wall.

• ill post more as the ideas come :)

• Like 1

The ice like effect is broken in CSGO and doesn't work the same and there's really only one way to do it. It was my initial idea until testing came along and tore it apart.

Won't change sauna, you guys already get a pistol, you aren't gonna get a shotgun instead.

Hurdles isn't a bad idea, I'll vary the sizes and how many there are.

A theme for each holiday is plausible though small things like 4/20 and Halloween are best done by mods while things like Christmas to new years or winter in general would be a map.

Bonbon and I are working on ideas for soccer (coloring for teams, score shown in chat instead of in the actual map which leads to less bugs).

I've thought about basketball too and I'm not sure how well it would work with trying to make 1 gun not make you red and possible idiot cts killing them.

Cells, there's really no reason too honestly, it won't effect game play that much except for beginning orders.

Keep the ideas up though, this is what I like instead of people crying that something is wrong when they have all the opportunity in the world to suggest.

Edited by youthedog
  • Like 1

One thing that might make climb a bit better is a small underground area acceded from say the top of the catwalk for guards to look into the bottom of climb. Like the hurdles window where you can't jump through but would get ts participating in climb rather than hiding.

• Like 1

One thing that might make climb a bit better is a small underground area acceded from say the top of the catwalk for guards to look into the bottom of climb. Like the hurdles window where you can't jump through but would get ts participating in climb rather than hiding.

I'll see if I can work something out, might just do a straight up and down with platforms to stand on.

Thought of some more ideas.

• How would it work out if there was a door connecting infirm and sauna?

• If the ice effect would not work, why not just make it a higher speed area like + 50% speed and higher gravity, so the players can glide more but not be like astronauts.

• Have upper vip have a vent that connects to blue room

• The catwalk above the deagle fence has a vent that zooms you to a cross section where u can zoom to underneath the knife arena or the catwalk above the admin room. Can you put a vent/teleporter inbetween the 2 other teleports and have you get transferred to the Shot for Shot Arena

• For the sauna, im not sayin change for the gun, im saying change for a fresh look.

• Please put back the pardoning button in the electric chair :(

• Have the shot for shot arena have doors at the entrances (like the knife arena)

• Have a button inbetween the 2 guns on the wall near shot for shot that turns the timebomb on for whoever presses it.

• Have a more moveable soccer ball. Make the laser on the hurdles have a speed limit like jumprope/ wipeout but make sure the players have 1 second to spare minimum when they reach the end.

• Have the vent inside the Hurdles take u to a 3-way where another vent can zoom you to doghouse :)

^^^ Best idea i can think of so far.

I support the thread i was thinking in making one few days ago but i forgot my ideas :(

just some points of view, a door connecting infirm and sauna would be really chaotic, also the the doors at shot for shot i don think its a good idea it might interfere with lr's and the map might feel a little restricted

I'll play some jb while i can think of my new ideas for the server but so far i love the taser :c (not that is new or anything)

Overall I just find the map to be somewhat restricting in movement. Like as if all of the escape routes and the doorways only have one destination.

I think the main foundation of the map is great. But my OCD kicks in with the tiny flaws :P

You also have to realize there has to be a balance for cts, and we can't have a huge map as most will end up going to waste and rounds will take too long looking for rebellers.

Factions, you also have to think that that just leads to easier ways for cts to be killed, another angle and entrance cts won't pay attention to and it'll give another route for ts to run through.

Also to attempt to solve the deathrun issue, garage doors at the exit and entrance of deathrun. Audible noise on exit entrance to deter rebelling and alert crafty cts.

In the next version there are two entrances and two exits for each ct and t, an alarm will spin for 45 seconds after a t has to gone through one of the 3 entrances to dog house, but no sound will play. I'll post a few pictures tonight about this, and yes I am working on the next version which has a completely new deathrun and a spaced out dog house so it's not as cluttered, and redesigned a little bit too for better access for cts.

Edited by youthedog

Add in a surf course, have it in a completely separate part of the map with a teleport leading to it like the old Deathrun. Maybe a few hard-to-reach areas that may have a pistol or a teleport outside while you're out on the course.

Have the CT's able to set the floor to kill/teleport like slide was.