Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Strategy Division, What Now?

Israeli

He's still an advisor on the forums. Was that just not updated or something? Nor do I see an actual question/point to this repeated OP. From what I remember, ZJ was originally moved over to strategy to facilitate our WarZ server which has since died. We lost an advisor for a game that we no longer intend on servicing?

Strategy's not gonna change much at all. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to the beholder I guess.

He's still an advisor on the forums. Was that just not updated or something? Nor do I see an actual question/point to this repeated OP. From what I remember, ZJ was originally moved over to strategy to facilitate our WarZ server which has since died. We lost an advisor for a game that we no longer intend on servicing?

Strategy's not gonna change much at all. Whether or not that's a good thing is up to the beholder I guess.

Actually ZJ switched because all he did was play League and he was never playing Garry's mod.

HG | Zekk for Advisor 2013

Edited by Lemonz

Actually ZJ switched because all he did was play League and he was never playing Garry's mod.

HG | Zekk for Advisor 2013

1. That's not true.

2. If that were true, he shouldn't have been moved, he should have been demoted.

3. Zekk would be a fine advisor.

Does it really make a difference? He's gone now and as far as I can tell there hasn't been a collapse in structure over at the strategy division. Same as when Laz and Prime stepped down.

As far as I see no one plays strat games anymore, and that's mostly b/c of them members in it, no one wanted to join or take part in these games (lol) b/c lots of disrespect yelling and name calling.

Call it the way it is a group of ppl who didn't care about making gamers better gamers, doing w/ e they wanted too do is the reason why start died or dying.

I been reading that strat is the players div? Well those players made it hard for other kids too come in and play, how do players want to join and play when try get yelled at when they join a channel?

• Like 2

As far as I see no one plays strat games anymore, and that's mostly b/c of them members in it, no one wanted to join or take part in these games (lol) b/c lots of disrespect yelling and name calling.

Call it the way it is a group of ppl who didn't care about making gamers better gamers, doing w/ e they wanted too do is the reason why start died or dying.

I been reading that strat is the players div? Well those players made it hard for other kids too come in and play, how do players want to join and play when try get yelled at when they join a channel?

Mostly anyone I know you're referring to is always in the WoW channel.

I meant as a direct result of loss in leadership.

Strategey division is a hard division to handle. Our games take a longer time to set up then most other games, they take much longer to play out then most other games, and they take a remarkably higher amount of teamwork.

This can lead to people being stressed out at each other much more if things fall apart then in any other division. It can be much harder to blow off a loss when you put so much time and effort into a round, rather then the three to ten minutes you might spend on a css or cs-go round. in essence the low game turnover makes it hard for us to let things go.

That being said we all end up back together again playing the next day. This is something I have always enjoyed about Strat. We may get on each other nerves from time to time, but we honestly and genuinely like each other.

The legnth of our games also make it hard for us to run events because each game eats up so much real world time.. To run even a few games in a row, is a much longer process then almost any event HG runs on a consistant basis.

In my opinion if we as a division want an event... We should strive to put together something much more like a month long event with one or two scheduled games at a time. This way we dont have the problem of people waiting around for hours to play through.

I think over all we have the potential to do great things as a division, but we need to have the vision and focus to not try to do too much at one time.

I know that divisionally we do not all like to play the same games, and this makes it harder for us to do things as well. In a way our division is unique because it encompases a large range of games Starcraft , LOL, all the zombie survival games, just to name a few. This makes division wide events a challenge, but it does not make them impossible.

In the end, what we really need is for our leadership, whomever they may be, to put in the effort to try their best to bring us together and remind us that games are for fun.

Thats all we can ask.

Thank you,

/soapbox

• Like 4

Strategey division is a hard division to handle. Our games take a longer time to set up then most other games, they take much longer to play out then most other games, and they take a remarkably higher amount of teamwork.

This can lead to people being stressed out at each other much more if things fall apart then in any other division. It can be much harder to blow off a loss when you put so much time and effort into a round, rather then the three to ten minutes you might spend on a css or cs-go round. in essence the low game turnover makes it hard for us to let things go.

That being said we all end up back together again playing the next day. This is something I have always enjoyed about Strat. We may get on each other nerves from time to time, but we honestly and genuinely like each other.

The legnth of our games also make it hard for us to run events because each game eats up so much real world time.. To run even a few games in a row, is a much longer process then almost any event HG runs on a consistant basis.

In my opinion if we as a division want an event... We should strive to put together something much more like a month long event with one or two scheduled games at a time. This way we dont have the problem of people waiting around for hours to play through.

I think over all we have the potential to do great things as a division, but we need to have the vision and focus to not try to do too much at one time.

I know that divisionally we do not all like to play the same games, and this makes it harder for us to do things as well. In a way our division is unique because it encompases a large range of games Starcraft , LOL, all the zombie survival games, just to name a few. This makes division wide events a challenge, but it does not make them impossible.

In the end, what we really need is for our leadership, whomever they may be, to put in the effort to try their best to bring us together and remind us that games are for fun.

Thats all we can ask.

Thank you,

/soapbox

Ladies And Gentleman Zekk For Advisor, Nothing in this post made more sense and applied actual beliefs and caring
  • Like 1

You can grow a div is the core is rotten

I'm thinking you mean...

"You can't grow a division if the core is rotten."

I counter that this is a terrible attitude to have, and nowhere near constructive.

But thank you for your opinion.

Edited by Zekk

I'm thinking you mean...

"You can't grow a division if the core is rotten."

I counter that this is a terrible attitude to have, and nowhere near constructive.

But thank you for your opinion.

terrible attitude? Just saying what I see and hear, open your eyes and listen with you ears

And you will see and hear what I do young grasshopper

terrible attitude? Just saying what I see and hear, open your eyes and listen with you ears

And you will see and hear what I do young grasshopper

But the thing is this isn't a thread for posting opinions about the division itself. This has basically turned into a discussion thread of how to successfully run a strat division/events, thanks to Zekk. As much as i used to like you bigj your posts on the forums are really useless and shitstorm starters to say the least. It's pretty annoying.

OT: Zekk's post was great. Even if he doesnt want to be an advisor someone should really talk to him about some event ideas cause it seems he's got a few.

I suggested this when our tournament was coming about way back when. The only issue with this is that people won't commit to an LCS-style tournament where each team plays a game or two every week. Even if they're available, people especially in this community are too anti-commitment for it. Otherwise, tournaments simply don't work. Even professional circuit tourneys last across days and even weeks.

I told O-Prime a while ago when we were looking for an advisor when Branflake first stepped down that it should be down to three fairly obvious choices: Zekk, Green Ranger, and Zekk. One of those, from talking with him, has no intention of re-joining leadership. I still stand by my suggestion, and am still waiting for the proper choice to be made.

Does it really make a difference? He's gone now and as far as I can tell there hasn't been a collapse in structure over at the strategy division. Same as when Laz and Prime stepped down.

.................................wow. It's like pizza and I never exsisted. Who were the other guys?. We were the real strat leaders, I know this because laz is a smelly person and prime is a smelly traitor redcoat. The other guys iv never even heard of or spoke too.

More importantly, divisions are stupid and Prime is a redcoat.

The one person I wanted to take my place was pushed aside for reasons unknown. He would have been a great leader.