Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Between Getting A Laptop And A Desktop Suggest Me One Of Each!

ToXiC.

1. Budget

lets say under 1000 (the cheaper the better)

2. Brand preferences

none

3. What do you plan to do with the machine?

run any game, movie edit.

4. Is there a place where you'd like to get the parts from?newegg?

5. What parts (if any) do you have already that you don't need upgraded?mouse, keyboard, hd tv monitor

6. Do you plan to overlock?don't know what is

7. Do you have an OS (e.g. Windows) that you can use for this computer? yea

i would rather get a laptop because of college... so suggest me one please :3

I have a high end desktop now but when I gamed on a laptop I got the one linked below at Wal Mart for $498. The specs don't look great, but this thing played css and world of warcraft (medium settings on wow) with no difficulty at all. Hands down the best laptop I have ever had. Don't know if they are still available since I got mine a year and a half ago but this thing did everything I needed it to do. The 17.3" led screen was nice too. I keep looking at the processor speed and the graphics card. I could have sworn mine was 2.3ghz quadcore instead of the 1.4 and I also thought it had a 1gb graphics card. Model number matches what I had but the specs don't seem to be the same.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834215375

Edited by Sonick

It it's under 1000 and a laptop, don't expect to be playing any demanding games. You can still get a decent build at that budget but games will be somewhat straining at high settings.

i dont care about playing games at low settings just as long as i can play games like far cry 3 and tomb raider

im with bran, those lenovos look great. that or http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834152388

This one right here is a good price considering it is a laptop and will run most games on medium settings. Now if you want a good desktop build I can post my budget build that I got for x-mas. Runs most games on good high settings for about $800 or so

This one right here is a good price considering it is a laptop and will run most games on medium settings. Now if you want a good desktop build I can post my budget build that I got for x-mas. Runs most games on good high settings for about $800 or so

doesnt hurt to look go ahead

This laptop will easily play most games on high-ultra settings. A lot of games now are becoming very cpu intense and with an i5 and a gtx650 thats more than enough power to say max out bf3.

With Haswell and a GPU refresh coming from Nvidia and AMD coming soon (summer of 2013?), why not wait?

my birthday is in june... my entire family is broke including my grandma who has bought all my cousins macbooks for a early graduation present... in other words im gonna have to wait anyways.

• 2 weeks later...