Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

$3.000 Budget For New Rig, Mac Or Pc?

Wabbit

PC obviously, unless you're using your computer to edit videos, don't go with a mac for gaming...

ok pc it is, another question, is the titan to much overkill for mapping and 3d modeling,? im gonna use photoshop to and construct 2 with unity engine also.

i just want my pc to give me a good work speed and game speed.

Quadro video cards are just rebranded geforce variants with different specifications (CUDA cores for instance)

You'll be able to game on it but it isn't anything crazy.

If you go down the Titan route, it's not all bad of an idea (just pricey as hell) and you will be able to do many CAD-related, 3d e.g. without too many drawbacks.

I do however find both AMD and nVidia's workstation class cards a bit pricey if you only intend on gaming and low level stuff.

Also, one video card is probably enough unless you're going man-mode on monitors.

Up to you. 3000 dollars is a whole lot. If your intentions are for gaming, you can easily build a machine with a massive amount of throughput however, you mgiht want to assess your priorities in relation to your needs.

Finally, f you choose to buy Mac, there are a few drawbacks in doing so. Remember, it won't be able to natively handle all your apps however, you will reap many benefits (Logic, for the audio dudes) or FinalCut Pro.

Edited by enigma#

Quadro video cards are just rebranded geforce variants with different specifications (CUDA cores for instance)

You'll be able to game on it but it isn't anything crazy.

If you go down the Titan route, it's not all bad of an idea (just pricey as hell) and you will be able to do many CAD-related, 3d e.g. without too many drawbacks.

I do however find both AMD and nVidia's workstation class cards a bit pricey if you only intend on gaming and low level stuff.

Also, one video card is probably enough unless you're going man-mode on monitors.

Up to you. 3000 dollars is a whole lot. If your intentions are for gaming, you can easily build a machine with a massive amount of throughput however, you mgiht want to assess your priorities in relation to your needs.

Finally, f you choose to buy Mac, there are a few drawbacks in doing so. Remember, it won't be able to natively handle all your apps however, you will reap many benefits (Logic, for the audio dudes) or FinalCut Pro.

c thats my thing, i dont wanan blow out 3k on a gaming machine, tahts just dumb, but i want a powerfull machine to handle game and work, Unity engine, maya, blender etc......

i dunno if a set up with a titan and a i7 ivy bridge is good for making a game and working on it.

and i dunno if a Mac is good to handle 3D models, etc,, my main reason to get a new rig is to work as a indideveloper to make gamos for smartphones etc....

i hear good things about macs, easier to code and make music and websites etc

bt i also hear that they lack power, but i was looking at their specs, and they have a mac with i7 ivy, 12gb ram memory for $2.200.

sorry for my writing, im typing with my phone while im driving .

Dear god why.

bt i also hear that they lack power, but i was looking at their specs, and they have a mac with i7 ivy, 12gb ram memory for $2.200.

Yeah, you can do a lot better than that with a PC for $2,200.

As for graphic design, as long as you get used to the software for coding/websites/games, you should be fine unless you're making games for iOS then you'll probably have trouble.