Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Daft Punk Random Access Memories Stream

BranHorse

They wanted to go back, I'm not listening to the album until I can hear it in glorious 320kbs but I've listened to most, if not all, of their interviews. Giorgio Moroder is a very old school dance man, hell he worked on almost all of Donna Summers shit. They only used two drum machines throughout the entirety of the album. But yeah its def not what people are used too. Its a dance album not just another electronic dance album.

They wanted to go back, I'm not listening to the album until I can hear it in glorious 320kbs but I've listened to most, if not all, of their interviews. Giorgio Moroder is a very old school dance man, hell he worked on almost all of Donna Summers shit. They only used two drum machines throughout the entirety of the album. But yeah its def not what people are used too. Its a dance album not just another electronic dance album.

This. I think people were expecting something completely different than what they were teasing us with. I dont understand how because if you watched any of the interviews people would actually hear them say they are trying to go back to old school music composition with a really smooth funky feel to it.

TIL: People don't listen :P

TIL: People don't listen :P

I wouldnt say they don't listen, its more of a, "I wanted this to happen, but this happened and since it didn't happen I'm disappointed.", type of deal.

But for those who aren't diggin' it all is not lost. In the interview wtih Pete Tong they said that they're also going to release Daft Punk remixes for their songs on the new album so just stay tuned for that.