Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Suggestion] Jailbreak: Hit And Bounty System, Ct Perks, New Ways To Earn Rep

I had a lot of ideas that needed to be posted somewhere, so here you go.

Hit System

A JB server I played on long ago (in CSS) had a system like this, but it wasn't very interesting because they used the regular CSS money as currency and it was lost when you disconnected. The rep system is perfect for a hit system to be implemented.

Basically, terrorists can place a price on the death of a certain CT.

Procedure for Placing a Hit

1. The person who wishes to place a hit types !placehit <target> <amount>

2. A menu gives them the option to select the time that the hit expires. The time must be at least one minute after the hit is being placed. The options include times that round, a certain number of rounds, and indefinite.

3. The person then has a menu to select a cause of death, where failure to fulfill it results in the reward not being given. The available causes of death are Stabbing, Gunshot, and Explosion. They can also choose "Not Specified".

Success

If the target is eliminated within the time limit and to the specifications, then the killer receives the amount of rep offered by the player that placed the hit.

Expiration

Should the time limit expire, or the victim leave, the hit is invalidated. The person who created it gets their rep back. If the person who placed the hit leaves, the hit remains. Hits cannot be removed more than 15 seconds after being placed.

Notes

All hit related commands can be accessed using !hitmenu. Players can see the list of current hits by typing !hitlist, and select specific hits to see more information.

Bounties

One complaint I've seen sometimes is that Ts both get rep more easily and can buy better items. Addressing the former, I thought that it might be a good idea if we improved the rewards system for CTs. By rewards system, I'm referring to the thing where you get three rep for killing a red.

My idea here is, in essence, that the more a T rebels, or the more dangerous they are, the bigger the reward is for taking them out. Bounties reset at the end of each round. Below is the breakdown of how different offenses add to the bounty.

Breakdown

Invisibru: +10 rep

First Cell Teleport: +5 rep (one time)

Kill: +5 rep per CT killed

Warden Kill: +10 rep (replaces the +5 rep)

CT Perks

If Terrorists get gangs and perks, why not CTs? They're already at a serious disadvantage, so this minor bonus wouldn't have much of an effect. The difference between this and gang perks is that CT perks are individual, rather than requiring membership in a group. I'm thinking that CT perks could be something bought from the credit shop, bought specially using rep, or unlocked by time spent as a CT, rather than just being given to CTs right away.

Perks

Extra Armor: You start with 50 more armor.

Backstab Resistance: Backstabs don't deal any additional damage.

Shop Discount: Items at the rep store cost 20% less.

Speed: You start with a speed bonus of 0.25.

Low Grav: You start with 40% lower gravity.

CT Perks

If Terrorists get gangs and perks, why not CTs? They're already at a serious disadvantage, so this minor bonus wouldn't have much of an effect. The difference between this and gang perks is that CT perks are individual, rather than requiring membership in a group. I'm thinking that CT perks could be something bought from the credit shop, bought specially using rep, or unlocked by time spent as a CT, rather than just being given to CTs right away.

Perks

Extra Armor: You start with 50 more armor.

Backstab Resistance: Backstabs don't deal any additional damage.

Shop Discount: Items at the rep store cost 20% less.

Speed: You start with a speed bonus of 0.25.

Low Grav: You start with 40% lower gravity.

Everything else is meh.. but those perks are mental.

cts are not at a disadvantage, they have guns and extra health. and as far as earning rep, you can purchase rep in our store, https://hellsgamers....ugs-for-monies/. The community already lets you earn rep, thru kills, drug pickups, and idling. Be happy you can earn something that costs money by just playing.

I buy health and speed, and bbuy adminroom, and 90 percent of the time i get lr, or im last ct.

Edited by ASCII
  • Like 2

This is all very nice but someone has to make it and someone has a life so they cant make stuff all the time.

Thank you for that fantastic contribution. Where would we be if somebody didn't state the obvious things that are irrelevant to the discussion?