Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

New Strategy Advisor

Claws

I think the strategy division deserves a new advisor so they can always have a say in what goes on in the community. They are very active and awesome members. I don't want to come off as mean to enVision but he isn't very active. I have never even talked to him before but I am in the strategy channel all the time. Pilpest who is a Dayz advisor accepted my member promotion for strategy division. I don't make that many post on the forums but I definitely read the forums all the time. I wouldn't mind being an advisor but all I want is a new advisor. Also please keep in mind I have no problems with Envision but I wish he was active. This means I don't want his advisor taken away I just want another advisor. I'm being very clear so there are no misunderstandings. If you have any questions get on ts3 and talk to me. Thank you.

Ok... lol re-posting what I wrote in the Ask Leadership thread on accident. Long story short, you all want a leader for strategy so same thread more or less:

We have tried. A number of us have offered to take the role(s). A while ago I begrudgingly suggested that we needed a DL (we still do) and despite my stance on that, I was willing to fill the gap. However, I was given the same cop-out excuse that has been holding HG's strategy division back since OPrime first suggested it while stepping down himself. The reason we don't have defined or active leadership in strategy is because leadership appears to hold this lofty almost childish ideal that Strategy is "led by its members" and does not need specifically appointed leaders.

Frankly, that's horseshit.

The division needs a select group of people to lead it in terms of recruiting, events, and cohesion. Strategy has split up into 3 or 4 different sects of people who exclusively play within their sect, and I believe that is in large part due to a lack of oversight. Problem is, those of us who were once in leadership tried our damnedest to get events going and recruitment up. However, very few others joined in participating, and events were either ignored or spoiled by no-shows, ringers, and shitty attitudes.

So here's the TL;DR (TD;DR*) - Strategy is in need of leadership. HG leadership does not seem to agree with that. Likewise, the division as a whole has in the past not been responsive to leadership. So it's in a Catch 22, and unless the overall attitude of "We don't need leaders, let the people just play their game" is changed, leadership in Strategy will never be effective. It's been sad to see, and one of my biggest regrets in HG.

• Like 3

I usually stay out of this but even I get tired of hearing the same old "strategy does not do anything" stick (usually from Mark or other people in Hg who like to troll strat for no real reason other then boosting their own egos.) I have posted many times about the many things we -could- be doing, We just need to do them, leadership or not.

I usually stay out of this but even I get tired of hearing the same old "strategy does not do anything" stick (usually from Mark or other people in Hg who like to troll strat for no real reason other then boosting their own egos.) I have posted many times about the many things we -could- be doing, We just need to do them, leadership or not.

Cute, you posted things you wanted to get done and they did nothing. What was it you were saying? I'm boosting my ego? Too bad everything I said was true or your post would have mattered :c

• Like 1

Every division save MMO and Strategy has at least one server. With that server ban reports and requests are created and they need moderation that is ultimately looked over by division leaders and division advisors. Take those away and you only have 2 things in a division. Events and recruiting. We can't do events 24/7 because coming up with an event every week isn't that easy. MMO has guilds to look after and raids to keep them busy. Strategy only has LoL and Dota but they have nothing to look after. If you want to see someone take care of the division like a boss they need to incorporate the entire division in what they do and be open to their ideas and suggestions on events and changes.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

Strategy doesn't need staff because it doesn't have the things that only an advisor+ has access to, for example, strategy doesn't get ban requests on HGbans. Strategy also doesn't have servers that need moderation. So as mark said, you have 2 things left. Both of which are tasks that can be done by its own members events, and if they think it will be big they can ask a staff member to get it on the calendar, and recruiting, which can run like the minecraft division, I believe any advisor can complete those apps (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen CS:S do MC apps). Members can always refer people to apply for recruit, you know.

Strategy doesn't need staff because it doesn't have the things that only an advisor+ has access to, for example, strategy doesn't get ban requests on HGbans. Strategy also doesn't have servers that need moderation. So as mark said, you have 2 things left. Both of which are tasks that can be done by its own members events, and if they think it will be big they can ask a staff member to get it on the calendar, and recruiting, which can run like the minecraft division, I believe any advisor can complete those apps (correct me if I'm wrong, but I've seen CS:S do MC apps). Members can always refer people to apply for recruit, you know.

Its not just necessarily about bans. We still deserve an advisor for strategy to talk in meetings. You could say games like battlefeild 3 or dayz are strategy games too.

Edited by Claws

It doesn't matter, We have no say in Leadership meetings for the community. TECHNICALLY DayZ is a strat game We can consider Battlefield a strat game, L4D2, Cant we say that Strat Theres servers and we have no division for that.

You guys can't base this off servers remember the SAMP thing, So if we base it off that let me buy a server for something make it a division.

Also, MMO if you want to say "looking after guilds" I got ranked teams to look after on League.

Do you guys think that in leadership meetings we vote on things and the division with the most people get shit? No.

You bring up an issue or something you need and the rest of leadership helps you with it.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

Advice to every Member or lower who is posting ever on these forums and looking for a legitimate response: ignore anything Mark posts. He is a bitter and frankly washed-up ex-leadership member who has joined the "Strat doesn't need shit" bandwagon. He's trolling in this thread. Hard. Stop getting baited.

I've already addressed the "members can organize their own events" remark. That leads to nothing but a very segregated division of different people getting their small cluster of friends to join them for "an event" (which from what you have written seems to mean 2 or 3 ARAMs lol...). Events for an entire division require oversight that is dedicated to that specific division? Why? Not because of administration or organization. There's no need to make the point that anyone can be made to organize those; that's moot, universally understood, and not something you ought to be making a talking point. That's like a kid pointing out that his lvl 75 Charizard can beat his friend's lvl 80 Venasaur. Obvious and unimportant. The reason Strategy ESPECIALLY needs leadership is for responsiveness and responsibility. ANYONE with an internet connection and an ability to talk with others can organize an event. However when you have no or weak leadership over a division and shit goes wrong in an event like ringers ruining competitive games or shitty attitudes spoiling the fun, there is no one available to take responsibility for addressing the issue and sorting it out. That's why the two events we had that had actual attendance went to complete shit. You jaded, pompous asses keep using this "you don't need leadership to run an event" point like it's a given. IT'S NOT and it's COMPLETELY asinine. Just stop. Horrible trolls are horrible.

• Like 2