Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Strategy Divison

TripleRX

Now I have seen the other thread Claws posted and I have to say we need a leader and some admin.

Nite said he would bring it up during the next Division meeting but I haven't heard back or seen anything about it.

My point is we should just keep starting these useless threads until an division leader and admins are picked simple as that

If you agree then say something about it, Strat division is dieing we need a revive...

(anything posted in this thread drama wise will be ignored)

Pretty sure I made a thread as well and

I'll admit I haven't been super active on TS, but I have been online on Steam & LoL. And I haven't been able to attend leadership meetings because I'm doing other things and because it wasn't appealing to me to sit for 2 hours listening to things I don't care about in other divisions just to talk for 2 minutes and get told to do events. I'm not sure why Strategy doesn't have a Division Leader though, I can't be because I'm going to college in a few months and wont be active, but it we do need one to set up meetings, events, etc.
Edited by Runda20

"Revive strategy" threads are going to become as common as "Fix pay admins on jailbreak" threads. Part of the issue with finding a strat leader is that there aren't many options. Off hand the only ones that I would think are even close to suited are Zekk, MattthePanda, Slowpoke, and Vetman. Idk though.

As I said, and None of those people are ever on and or actually in contact with actually strat members I am on Team speak almost every day and only seen them a few times.

Edited by TripleRX

Lets put it this way... No one in the strategy division is fit for it.

Here is the list of what I see in the strategy that is why it struggles

Maturity - Your example can be Lazarus...

Activity - Those who meet the requirements aren't active due to work, life and other issues.

Involvement - No one partakes, its the duty of both the members and dA's to encourage those to join, to spread the word... We don't get applications because of the type of division that Strategy Divisions is made... You are gonna have to get involved and make this division grow... Unlike WoW, or DayZ, or CS:S, or TF2, or GMod, Strategy does not have a type of advertising system to it or player base to encourage those to join... Not even Sc2 even though it can be utilized if you know how...

Without growth, without a future you will only cease to exist...

Lets put it this way... No one in the strategy division is fit for it.

Activity - Those who meet the requirements aren't active due to work, life and other issues.

Involvement - No one partakes, its the duty of both the members and dA's to encourage those to join, to spread the word... We don't get applications because of the type of division that Strategy Divisions is made... You are gonna have to get involved and make this division grow... Unlike WoW, or DayZ, or CS:S, or TF2, or GMod, Strategy does not have a type of advertising system to it or player base to encourage those to join... Not even Sc2 even though it can be utilized if you know how...

Without growth, without a future you will only cease to exist...

Inb4 Adam, whos been here from '08 is active and mature...

Admin what?

I tried to admin as strat adviser and was told that it wasn't on a HG server so no action can be taken. Even when I had plenty of proof. (riot banned the player)

Fact is there is nothing to advise or lead. No way to control.

Example. Say you get a dL, he or she plans an event and the 10 most active members can make it. Keep in mind 2 of them probably will forget or be no shows. There may be some people who aren't very active in league anymore or do not play with the strat div (like myself) and you might get a few of them. So that's 10 or 15 players (if that) to play a match that requires 10 players. So tournaments are out of the question unless we let friends of HG play or get another clan. Unfortunately these people are often shady and do not take well to loosing. So you get a tournament like the last one we had and people gave up or stopped playing due to rage and league tournaments taking a long ass time.

Also if you do a regular ten man event (catch the teemo or go troll build in games or an aram event) you can only have 10 people. So if you have 2 extra people then they are stuck jerking off for 40 min waiting. Sounds really fun for them. Your also very unlikely to get 20 people.

League events are stupid, most strat game events take to long. Ain't no one got time for dat.

You do not have to have a leader to organize something you want to do. PM your friends or people that may be interested and start something. Instead of making thread after thread talking about this actually try doing something. You may have great ideas and suggestions, but saying "Hey this guy plays a lot and is cool lets make him a dL" doesn't really help anything. If you take the initiative and try with some success then leadership will act upon your success.

Also strat div isn't "dying". At 9:43PM PST I see 11 people in the channels (Same as MMO). I assume most of you guys are playing together and having fun. That is what the division is about, and that is what gaming is about.

Just my opinion. Not trying to bring drama. I understand how you feel (I once felt similarly towards this subject) and do not think it is a terrible idea. It just doesn't work very well haha. Also Pilpest makes some good points.

Hah, fuck off. Like it or not, I was the last strategy staff member to give two shits about improving the division. I don't remember people complaining until AFTER the three of us stepped down. Thanks.

Edited by S Qtpie #BaitedNOutsmarted

Look, I know setting up events is hard and such but one of the main reasons I feel we need a dA or DL is because I have been told by people in other divisions that I need to hang around leadership, and I will be honest it is awkward to sit around other DL's and uM or whatever who dont give a shit about what I play, I cant talk to any leadership about game related things because the majority of leadership plays CS:S, GMOD, and I guess now BF3. I can't really go into a CSS DL's channel and say "Oh, there's a new champion in league" they will go somewhere along the lines of "I don't give a shit".

The reason this is important to me, is because I feel people need to get hang around with leadership members, I don't want to sound rude or whatever, but honestly it seems moving up ranks in the community is to be friendly and talk to leadership. Its awkward for me to do something like that because of the games I play, I have talked to a CS:S member (he asked what I was playing), and I said league, his response was pretty much, League of fa****s, lol what a shitty game... (I will not say who said that). That really hasn't been the only time something that has happened just a more recent thing.

That's just honestly how I feel about the whole reason we should have leadership in Strat.

Maybe it was how I read it, but there wasn't a reason in that entire post. "The main reason i feel we need a DA or DL is because i get told by people I need to hang around leadership". What? You may want to...uh...read your posts before you know, posting.

Don't know what the point you were trying to get across was, but either way theres no sense to having leadership for a division in which they have no control over. You say you know it's hard to do events for strat, but you actually have no idea. Branflake, Lazarus and OPrime all put effort into planning out these events and this community does not have a large enough base for these games for that to happen. This isn't my decision, but I know that this isn't something that can work in a multigaming community where there is only a solid player base of around 10 people.

The reason this is important to me, is because I feel people need to get hang around with leadership members, I don't want to sound rude or whatever, but honestly it seems moving up ranks in the community is to be friendly and talk to leadership.

You are in this community for the wrong reasons. Why do you want to move up?

People who get promoted are the go getters. They have free time show initiative and help the community. I know plenty of dL's UMs and C's and they are not the reasons why I was promoted to dA or V.

The reasons why I was promoted to dA or V.

Abs. All in the abs. Me2. Best abs KO.

Runda I'll say the same thing I always say about this. Strategy needs DL(s) and DAs to be successful. But those even wont work until the division changes its passive/apathetic view about itself as a whole. Old leadership did everything in its power to excite strategy division members. But we weren't given access to the same tools of outreach other divisions get, and as a result the response was minimal.

We need a paradigm shift here. People need to care more (like you do, thank you for caring) before leadership can make an impact.

I play league.

Hi.

dL now? :D

What I would suggest, is to make the division competitive. Focus on a free2play game, create some teams of 5 who like to play together. Go for the clan Vs. clan more than the HG events. But also have the mess around scrims and stuff.

Yet again, I have only been playing for 4 days :/

Another thing is Streaming.

It seems to me that streaming and spectating games is a big thing for LOL. Homer mentioned a streamy thingy being incorporated in the site a while ago in one of the *what do you want to see in HG* threads. Get five guys who can play regularly, and when they play have the stream playing on the site. I dunno, I guess this will show people how much fun it is, and make em wanna play.

For a year I've always been saying *Fuck LOL, it's nerdy as fuck and who the hell is kshkfhalksdfgsdf? How do you know all these items and skills etc.* It was only when my friend introduced me, and told me exactly what to do and what to buy that I got interested. So maybe a coaching system?

Again, I dunno.

Another thing is Streaming.

It seems to me that streaming and spectating games is a big thing for LOL. Homer mentioned a streamy thingy being incorporated in the site a while ago in one of the *what do you want to see in HG* threads. Get five guys who can play regularly, and when they play have the stream playing on the site. I dunno, I guess this will show people how much fun it is, and make em wanna play.

I used to stream very regularly. I'm not great (mid Gold in solo queue for 3 seasons now -.-), but I'd like to think I'm fairly entertaining (I'm boring as hell). I've very rarely had more than 10 people watching my stream. Even when I was streaming the League tournament we had a while back, it only reached I think 15 viewers at once, which btw made me:

nigri-bouncing.gif

Couple of us have asked for a livestream page multiple times. Many of us stream regularly (or in my case did before and would likely do so again if this were implemented), and still think a dedicated livestream tab a la solomid.net would be nice.

Edited by S Qtpie #BaitedNOutsmarted

Lets put it this way... No one in the strategy division is fit for it. Here is the list of what I see in the strategy that is why it struggles Maturity - Your example can be Lazarus... Activity - Those who meet the requirements aren't active due to work, life and other issues. Involvement - No one partakes, its the duty of both the members and dA's to encourage those to join, to spread the word... We don't get applications because of the type of division that Strategy Divisions is made... You are gonna have to get involved and make this division grow... Unlike WoW, or DayZ, or CS:S, or TF2, or GMod, Strategy does not have a type of advertising system to it or player base to encourage those to join... Not even Sc2 even though it can be utilized if you know how... Without growth, without a future you will only cease to exist...

not drama but let me say this your dumb

your not in our channel as nearly as much as me or the other guys

im pretty sure they can be mature when they need to be.

wait wait people are jumping the "I want DL" train was to fast, we need to wait for council to make a decision because of the fact that we would of course want ourselves or close friends to have the positions. so maybe we should do like other divisions did and have applications for adviser positions but have it last for a few days because of the amount of people still in strat...

This conversation again...

Everyone has a certain expectation and assumption about leadership.

"Revive strategy" threads are going to become as common as "Fix pay admins on jailbreak" threads. Part of the issue with finding a strat leader is that there aren't many options. Off hand the only ones that I would think are even close to suited are Zekk, MattthePanda, Slowpoke, and Vetman. Idk though.

Agreed, while it is pointless to keep reflecting the same thing over and over again... it doesn't really follow to have leadership members.

Consider the definition of strategy in the situation. We commonly associate Strategy to "other games" mostly because in the past, games have gone to "Strategy Division".

If you want a mature division, we need to scrap the shit out of all the games that are in it. Start from scratch and create a proper set of games HG can GROW and have VISIBILITY in. (this assumes you want a non-communal aspect of it)

If you care about the games that doesn't easily have visibility, then I don't think you necessarily are looking at the right perspective of HG as a clan.

The former justification is also legitimate for other games that people play but not necessarily have visibility and growth potential in. Rift as an example has a small player base too but does that mean it is a legitimate division.

Since it is a community, the question then becomes... should this just be something internally not something we look to advertise?

If this is just something for the community itself, IT WILL NOT NEED LEADERSHIP for many reasons:

First for leadership, all leadership would end up really be doing is handling inter-clan drama, recruit apps, and 'events'. See minecraft division as an example (not trying to bad mouth it but just saying that is the reality of it).

Second, you would end up with the SAME drama issues the other 'divisions' have for the sake of having a bit of TS3 power and forum control.

From a standpoint of a business, that would be a ridiculous thing to do. Increase risk at the cost of a small bit of worker productivity. Switching back to the community standpoint, bringing Strategy back would need a LOT of work and motivation from people who actually will do work CONSISTENTLY and be able to invest into the community. People have said in the past that.. oh I'll help out... guess what happens to their interest... it sinks... it shallows... so if you think about it... having leadership wouldn't necessarily be worth the time you ask of people.

Third, leadership was designed as a hierarchical process to move HG (brand name and community) forward. Not all Strategy games can move HG forward from the brand standpoint, maybe from the communal standpoint it can help it by bringing in some new recruits and players. We are not a democracy for that reason.

The point is... if you want Strategy to grow... you need to change your thought process in this. It's not a 'division' in the classic sense we know... but it is a community aspect we have in HG.

just the 0.5$ of this

Edited by enigma#
  • Like 2