Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Strategy Divison

TripleRX

It wouldn't harm anyone to have a strat advisor. I have no clue why people who I never see in strategy are so against the idea.

Games like dayz can technically be called strategy.

Which "people" are you referring to? Because if they're the people I THINK you're talking about, you're in for a history lesson.

It wouldn't harm anyone to have a strat advisor. I have no clue why people who I never see in strategy are so against the idea.

Games like dayz can technically be called strategy.

I thought Pilpest was a Dayz dA? And is therefore a strat dA?

Sorry, that wasn't helpful.

I think what he's trying to say is, what harm can it do? So what you might not necessarily need a dA, but why not?

Would it help if we did this?

Pros:

• People would stop asking for representation/strat leadership
  • Strat division feels good
  • Small chance the dA does an outstanding job and strat starts expanding

Cons:

• Takes time to set up a leadership post and make decisions on certain aspects of the division
  • Maybe not a qualified leadership member
  • Division may fall flat on it's face and die a short and painful death.

<-- Is Neutral, I don't wanna be raged at :S

Also, Nite said he'd bring it up, isn't that what you're asking for?

Edited by WhataWackaMonk

Which "people" are you referring to? Because if they're the people I THINK you're talking about, you're in for a history lesson.

doesn't make much since if the people you are thinking of actually are active

Also, Nite said he'd bring it up, isn't that what you're asking for?

He said he would bring it up a few weeks ago but he posted in page one explaining that, so I guess all we can do is wait and keep discussing it in here...

I thought Pilpest was a Dayz dA? And is therefore a strat dA? Sorry, that wasn't helpful. I think what he's trying to say is, what harm can it do? So what you might not necessarily need a dA, but why not? Would it help if we did this? Pros: People would stop asking for representation/strat leadership Strat division feels good Small chance the dA does an outstanding job and strat starts expanding Cons: Takes time to set up a leadership post and make decisions on certain aspects of the division Maybe not a qualified leadership member Division may fall flat on it's face and die a short and painful death. <-- Is Neutral, I don't wanna be raged at :S Also, Nite said he'd bring it up, isn't that what you're asking for?

I wasn't necessarily just talking about pilpest. But It also ridiculous that games like dayz and bf3 have advisors. No one even plays dayz on hells gamers and the battlefeild division will prob die in a month. It's simply fair that strat gets a adivisor that is active. Strategy will always have games to play and it will grow just not as fast as other games.

I shall now ignore your posts.

1. Please stop double posting. There is a "multiquote" button for a reason.

2. Re-read the post of yours that I quoted. Now reread it again. Figure out why I can't understand exactly what you're saying, apologize for getting upset over your own mistake, then re-word your post so we can continue the conversation like adults.

Envision is your strategy advisor.

This is the same shit from the last thread if they want a leader or another advisor they will make one. We have all now said our peace twice some three times leave it who cares you need a dl or a da join another div and still play strategy games

back to work I go byes

2. Re-read the post of yours that I quoted. Now reread it again. Figure out why I can't understand exactly what you're saying, apologize for getting upset over your own mistake, then re-word your post so we can continue the conversation like adults.

There is no reason to tray and make yourself seem better then any other person in here. besides you have nothing to do with this because you are not even a member anymore

Envision is your strategy advisor.

Unactive.

There is no reason to tray and make yourself seem better then any other person in here. besides you have nothing to do with this because you are not even a member anymore

Unactive.

how do you know? just b/c he aint on TS3 mean hes inactive?

1.have you pm'd him on the forums?

2.have you check too see if hes on steam?

3.do you have his Skype info?

these are 3 ways other than TS3 u can get ahold of him, you dont always need TS3, i'm not on TS3 am i inactive? i'm on steam, skype and battle net and i check the forums alot,

Note to this:

i didn't know that someone cannot go out with there family on vacation.

Everytime this thread comes up it's the same shit over and over. So i'll just post the tl;dr you guys seem to not want to read from the other threads.

1. "We want a strategy division hurrp durp de derp de" noone shows up to events when shit is actually planned and the leadership gets frustrated because you fa****s were the ones begging for something to be done.

2. You all treat games (save a few such as BigJ) like League, Dota, Starcraft, etc. as "secondary games" that you play when you're bored of getting fucked in the ass by your dominatrix on Jailbreak or Perp.

3. Why do you need leadership for something you can't control to begin with? We have no access to servers for games such as those. We can't punish anyone either except say "hey we don't want to play with you no mores"

4. There has been talks of simply combining Strategy with MMO as most of the MMO players are the biggest players for the league games we play. (this will most likely be the case)

5. For those that DO play purely strategy games there is an extremely competitive nature to such games as there is a long investment time wise to a one or the other result "winning and losing" which can result in douchebaggery in its most pure form among some of the less mature members which then spills over to the division they are apart of.

/rant god dam It's like Wilfred Brimley asking for fucking chocolate. You're gonna get it and remember you didn't want it in the first place.

U9DUPpK.gif

• Like 4

1. "We want a strategy division hurrp durp de derp de" noone shows up to events when shit is actually planned and the leadership gets frustrated because you fa****s were the ones begging for something to be done.

2. You all treat games (save a few such as BigJ) like League, Dota, Starcraft, etc. as "secondary games" that you play when you're bored of getting fucked in the ass by your dominatrix on Jailbreak or Perp.

3. Why do you need leadership for something you can't control to begin with? We have no access to servers for games such as those. We can't punish anyone either except say "hey we don't want to play with you no mores"

You're gonna get it and remember you didn't want it in the first place.

1. We never elected old leadership for strategy so why blame us for miss planed events

2. I DO NOT PLAY PERP/JAILBREAK, and I can guarantee most of the strategy member don't play them as well

3. How do you know you can not control it? all you need it a few simple warnings then a perma ban

We've wanted this for a LONG time I am sorry that people who are best buddies with council or management are assholes and don't even bother getting nosebleeds like me,claws and runda the chance to put our word out and now that we did it seems as though council and or management needs to actually go around and talk to members not just people who hang around you all the time.

I can give you a list of people who want this change... I do not see why anyone is fussing about it, especially people who are ether not in strategy division or not even in HG...

Edited by TripleRX

1. We never elected old leadership for strategy so why blame us for miss planed events

3. How do you know you can not control it? all you need it a few simple warnings then a perma ban

We've wanted this for a LONG time I am sorry that people who are best buddies with council or management are assholes and don't even bother getting nosebleeds like me,claws and runda the chance to put our word out and now that we did it seems as though council and or management needs to actually go around and talk to members not just people who hang around you all the time.

I can give you a list of people who want this change... I do not see why anyone is fussing about it, especially people who are ether not in strategy division or not even in HG...

Alright NOW you've disrespected the division and have asked for a history lesson. Next time you come up with what you believe to be some revolutionary idea, ask around for the background info.

The "people who are either not in strategy or not even in HG" who you see posting in this thread are the very backbone that got this division started in the first place and became its first leaders. When league first started getting popular, HG looked for a way to recruit on what we expected to be one of the biggest computer games to date (it is currently the most played game worldwide depending on who you ask). Enigma (at the time Council now Friend of HG) asked Weeman and Faithless (both UMs, known back then as Divisional and Technical Council) about what they ought to do for it. They came to the decision that a new division ought to be started, and asked [O-P]rime to be its Divisional Leader (notice a trend yet?). Faithless also took it upon himself to appoint advisors to help OPrime. Those advisors were Prunecandy and Lazarus (later known as Larry, later known as Yaoi-Hole, later known as S Qtpie). Get it now? We aren't these random people who are simply friends of staff and thus get to say what we want. We were there when this divison started, and I for one have seen it become both one of HG's most active divisions and now one of its least contributing.

There's a saying in the hip-hop dance community. "To change the game, you must first respect it." For that community, it refers to paying homage to the originals of dance before trying to create new styles and making a name for yourself. The same applies to Hellsgamers and in fact any community of people you will meet. Learn about the game itself before you go and throw your opinion at people and DEFINITELY before you get upset when that opinion is not shared by them. The reason we are all providing you with criticism about your ideas (no one here is attacking you, stop being defensive) is because we have SEEN them all before.

Before you talk about how easy events can be, consider this: I once stayed up two nights straight during my studies for midterm exams because I was told by UM that if we didn't get an event out within the next two weeks, the division would likely be disbanded. That week I pushed a "Catch the Teemo" event out, advertised as best as I could, and come event day I was one of 4 attendees. We instead played ARAMs for 2 hours and called it a night. Don't bother getting NOSEBLEEDS? I've put my reputation and status in HG on my performance as an advisor for Strategy on MULTIPLE occasions. Don't you DARE tell me I don't care enough or try hard enough about this divison.

You talk a lot about "electing" leadership and "talking to members." Here's the wake-up call. HG is not a democracy. It's a stigma well-known in this community, and I think it's actually our second slogan. "HellsGamers: a Multi-Gaming Community." "HellsGamers: Not a Democracy." Get over it. GET... OVER... IT! Leadership makes decisions that it believes is best because leadership has been there before and seen it all unravel. They don't need you telling them we need strategy leadership, hell I've already YELLED at them about the very thing multiple times. They'll decide what they want to decide.

Frankly, if Strategy wants to be active in recruiting and grow as a division, yeah we need leadership. But we need something far more than that. We need those leadership members equipped with the proper tools for outreach (Steam community admin for announcement, a streamer's page on the forums, and Teamspeak BANNING privileges) and even more so we need members who HONESTLY want to see this division grow. Right now leadership does not want to give Strat leaders the former because despite my sentiments it doesn't believe they need them. Likewise, I do not believe we will be seeing the members of this division change their outlook on the division anytime soon (hell one of you just asked to be divisionless). Those two being the case, no leadership is not necessary and in fact would not be helpful at all.

I swear to God if I have to deal with one of you holier-than-thou assholes talking like you KNOW what this division has been through again, I will come over there and feed rice balls to your dog.

- The O.G.

Real.

• Like 1

Alright NOW you've disrespected the division and have asked for a history lesson. Next time you come up with what you believe to be some revolutionary idea, ask around for the background info.

The "people who are either not in strategy or not even in HG" who you see posting in this thread are the very backbone that got this division started in the first place and became its first leaders. When league first started getting popular, HG looked for a way to recruit on what we expected to be one of the biggest computer games to date (it is currently the most played game worldwide depending on who you ask). Enigma (at the time Council now Friend of HG) asked Weeman and Faithless (both UMs, known back then as Divisional and Technical Council) about what they ought to do for it. They came to the decision that a new division ought to be started, and asked [O-P]rime to be its Divisional Leader (notice a trend yet?). Faithless also took it upon himself to appoint advisors to help OPrime. Those advisors were Prunecandy and Lazarus (later known as Larry, later known as Yaoi-Hole, later known as S Qtpie). Get it now? We aren't these random people who are simply friends of staff and thus get to say what we want. We were there when this divison started, and I for one have seen it become both one of HG's most active divisions and now one of its least contributing.

There's a saying in the hip-hop dance community. "To change the game, you must first respect it." For that community, it refers to paying homage to the originals of dance before trying to create new styles and making a name for yourself. The same applies to Hellsgamers and in fact any community of people you will meet. Learn about the game itself before you go and throw your opinion at people and DEFINITELY before you get upset when that opinion is not shared by them. The reason we are all providing you with criticism about your ideas (no one here is attacking you, stop being defensive) is because we have SEEN them all before.

Before you talk about how easy events can be, consider this: I once stayed up two nights straight during my studies for midterm exams because I was told by UM that if we didn't get an event out within the next two weeks, the division would likely be disbanded. That week I pushed a "Catch the Teemo" event out, advertised as best as I could, and come event day I was one of 4 attendees. We instead played ARAMs for 2 hours and called it a night. Don't bother getting NOSEBLEEDS? I've put my reputation and status in HG on my performance as an advisor for Strategy on MULTIPLE occasions. Don't you DARE tell me I don't care enough or try hard enough about this divison.

You talk a lot about "electing" leadership and "talking to members." Here's the wake-up call. HG is not a democracy. It's a stigma well-known in this community, and I think it's actually our second slogan. "HellsGamers: a Multi-Gaming Community." "HellsGamers: Not a Democracy." Get over it. GET... OVER... IT! Leadership makes decisions that it believes is best because leadership has been there before and seen it all unravel. They don't need you telling them we need strategy leadership, hell I've already YELLED at them about the very thing multiple times. They'll decide what they want to decide.

Frankly, if Strategy wants to be active in recruiting and grow as a division, yeah we need leadership. But we need something far more than that. We need those leadership members equipped with the proper tools for outreach (Steam community admin for announcement, a streamer's page on the forums, and Teamspeak BANNING privileges) and even more so we need members who HONESTLY want to see this division grow. Right now leadership does not want to give Strat leaders the former because despite my sentiments it doesn't believe they need them. Likewise, I do not believe we will be seeing the members of this division change their outlook on the division anytime soon (hell one of you just asked to be divisionless). Those two being the case, no leadership is not necessary and in fact would not be helpful at all.

I swear to God if I have to deal with one of you holier-than-thou assholes talking like you KNOW what this division has been through again, I will come over there and feed rice balls to your dog.

- The O.G.

Real.

This. What you asked for already happened and noone supported it other than the leadership who did their dam fucking best and trying to make it grow and thrive. If theres anything to be discussed it will be talked about at the next meeting.

I'm replying to this locked thread because I need to make some things known that seem to have been forgotten, and are causing a lot of problems with people making threads like these and uM getting sick of them

Meeting has not been set yet brah.

There has been no meeting set because there is not Division Leader to set the meeting. When I posted saying I read the meeting notes, I asked what the deal was with strat meetings since we don't have a DL but got no response. I'm not responsible because I am only dA and the notes explicitly state that DL's set the meetings.

and the advisers we have are nonactive

First of all, its advisor. As in singular. As a result, it SEEMS like the strategy division is nonactive, when really its because we have 1, thats right, ONE person of authority in the strategy division. I have been inactive in May, but since school let out in early June, I have been on TS most days chilling in the LoL channel or the SC2 channel.

Strategy as a division needs LEADERSHIP in the form of a division leader and another dA. Because as it stands right now, when I go away to college in a little over 2 months, the Strategy division will have no leadership whatsoever. Not that it really matters though, because I every event that I put together or try to get going for Strategy games gets a whopping two people to show up

Oh and one more thing, I'm sick of people bitching that I am "inactive". I play LoL and SC2 pretty much every day, I check the forums, and encourage people to add me on steam (sdbolts) because it is the BEST way to get a hold of me as if I am online, I'm on steam. I am baffled by the fact that people complain I'm not on TeamSpeak, because I am on most days in the Strategy channels and have someone need something from me MAYBE once a month. /rant

• Like 2