Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Mass Of Highly Suggested Requests For The Zs Server.

sharp_shooter

I go into detail with how these would work and why we should have them, but as I know nothing about coding it's up to uM and above to make this a reality for the third most popular gmod server.

1. A blacklist system like perp.

Why? Because lots of bans could not be bans but instead blacklists to say "Aggis barricade kits" or "the Carpenters Hammer" People can constantly use the hammers ability to remove others nail to "troll" or nail down an entire room of props to prevent barricading. Instead of slaying/kicking/banning for this we could blacklist them from using the hammer for the time like a blacklist in perp. The reason for Aggis barricade kit is because users can block up the front of a barricade and prevent the humans from shooting out.

2. A system to give points to other players. It doesn't have to be like it is in perp where it opens an actual menu it could be just in chat for example "!give Sharp_Shooter 4000" that would give me 4000 zs points if I had the required amount. This could be useful to give new players a fun start in the game or to someone who needs that extra 20 points to buy a gun. (Blanks idea)

3. Custom skins for Vip. This would likely increase the amount of people buying vip on our servers and considering it's the most populated HG server it has the potential to make more money. Everyone loves hats right? Well in gmod this is skins. Somehow link the workshop to the server and every week or so add about 5 skins to the server so that Vip could have custom skins. Reason for 5 a week is to even out the download time for regular users. Maybe set it up so that theres a dedicated skin for each map and it downloads with that map only.

4. Maps. Maps get old after a month of playing them, new maps should be added periodically to keep the server interesting.

5. Weapons. Workshop weapons should be added at a rate of 1 every 3 months to keep the server interesting to veteran players (coding yay). Balance would need to be worked out but it could be. (shared idea)

6. If theres to be new weapons and point sharing there has to be a buff to the zombies. Maybe a few new boss zombies coded by HG and possibly 2 bosses a round with a maximum of 6 out at a time.

7. Anything left out that you guys in the community think would fit in.

1) Would require a redesign of the bans system (as it currently doesn't scale all that well with a large number of blacklisted items), and, for the most part, the core mechanics of Zombie Mod have remained untouched (to allow for easy updates when revisions are made to the public version). Also to be honest, if they are trolling on a regular basis and making the game less fun for others, they shouldn't be playing on the server at all.

2) Shouldn't be a problem.

3) I suspect custom skins, along with the addition of maps, should be arriving shortly. We are switching the server over to a new content system, and as a result it isn't as easy to add/modify content.

4) Refer to #3.

5) Refer to #3.

6) Refer to #1, part two.

Edited by Papa John

I like the concept in #1, but add the caveat that people should only be able to remove nails belonging to players that are lower on the score board (this is implemented already, but doesn't work very well) and that you shouldn't be able to nail objects that are already nailed, which would prevent people from complaining that X is removing Y's nails even though X nailed the item down first and blah blah blah.

I wish to clarify #2. Do you mean giving your OWN points to other players? Or an admin command to generate new points?

I totally agree with #4. I've also heard speak of some new recruit modifying Counter strike maps for ZS. Said maps should clearly be added as soon as possible and that mystery person should get a cookie.

New maps will be frequently uploaded and coding for weapons will be kept up. As for the boss zombies, that is A LOT harder than you might think (at least for me) as I tried for a few weeks non-stop working on adding on new boss zombie (l4d2 tank). Use the suggestion thread to post any ideas and suggestions!

• Like 2

The whole reason i stopped playing ZS and left for PERP is because of the lack of new maps. A person can only play Abandoned mall and krusty krab so many times before they get bored. Im ALL about adding new maps, and would definitely rejoin ZS if there were new maps.

Go play right now. New maps were just added today.

• Like 1

I suggest giving zombies 20 points after each wave ends.

poeple ragequit too much when they turn on the first coupel rounds

20 points adds up to 120 by wave 6 thats more Then the average player gets in a game. Maybe the first two waves you only need 3 brains to redeem to give the zombies some incentive to stay in the game

20 points adds up to 120 by wave 6 thats more Then the average player gets in a game. Maybe the first two waves you only need 3 brains to redeem to give the zombies some incentive to stay in the game

I'm afraid that would be a no no. Why? Because you would have more people getting redeemer pistols easier than they should. The best solution is that the initial zombies get 25 points after every 3 rounds they have been a zombie. So the initial zombies would make a total of 50 points if they stayed the entire game and humans won. Yes it's not a lot but we are giving the zombies points when normally they don't receive any at all.

A sort of cosmetic idea I have is a small counter when human and zombie that shows your total kills of the other team. This would be great for bragging rights and some friendly competition between people ingame.