Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Weaponskins In Jailbreak

While testing the minigame server which is still under development (Map: mg_ski_mountain_csgo) I noticed that the weapons which lie there, like... they hang in the air and when you activate them (example, I got a galil skin, the galil just "hangs" in the air, when you touch it, it drops down), it gives me my skin actually. I wonder if it is possible to take the weapon spawn system of that map in our jb server?

I don't know if the ones who made the weapon spawns already knew it, and since I don't have any ideas of mapping, ignore it if it was not useful. I just want to help =)

Well, the weapon spawning in JB works like this.

In the grey room with the switch for the alarms, there are invisible weapons there and clips around them. Those serve as templates for the guns that spawn in armory. When you get close enough to the weapon, that gun will spawn from the template. I'm not sure as of this moment how the gun skins work with the weapon entities in-game and all the ins and outs. Try to get someone to pick up the awp ontop of cells and see if they have their skin because that's just the entity by itself and not a template, else it's probably server sided command.

• Like 1

Well, the weapon spawning in JB works like this.

In the grey room with the switch for the alarms, there are invisible weapons there and clips around them. Those serve as templates for the guns that spawn in armory. When you get close enough to the weapon, that gun will spawn from the template. I'm not sure as of this moment how the gun skins work with the weapon entities in-game and all the ins and outs. Try to get someone to pick up the awp ontop of cells and see if they have their skin because that's just the entity by itself and not a template, else it's probably server sided command.

I tried the awp, doesn't work...

In fact what I noticed at the mointain thingy, the weapons are hovering in the air and they drop when you touch them and on that drop they get the skin of the person who touched it, but as example my galil skin only activates when I am a t, as ct I get it without skin.

About the awp, it is spawned like some guy without skin dropped it there I think, am I right?

To show off the spawn of the weapon on ski mountain:

post-15290-0-51444700-1377735910_thumb.jpg

post-15290-0-56890900-1377735903_thumb.jpg

Galil is for T only so yeah, and those weapons are just contrained, that's it.

It would be really awesome if we get a way to use M4A1-S in Jailbreak. I really love that weapon and I can imagine how good it would be for rebels because it is suppressed

I'll put it in whenever I get time to fix stuff.

Puppy likes the idea of using skins in Jailbreak...

You know, instead of having it pertaining to one particular obtainment method, why not reconfigure the weapon placements to work like in the ski map?

In fact that's what I asked for, but of course that is a bit hard when you think about it... as youthedog explained, there are limited (invisibru) weapon templates in the alarm room who flies with magic inside of the nowhere of the map. So in fact that means, each weapon that gets spawned got your skin only and if you had it like on the ski map, they have to be in the room like... stacked and flying in the air a bit (look at my screenshot of the galil) so everybody can pick them up. In fact that would mean that one can run through armory and give every weapon his skin, so the others don't get sh*t of their skins to see and it would be a total weapon spam over there :D

Also one way to get the weapons spawned like this would be if valve got their sh*t together and think about custom made maps to give a possibility to spawn weapons with skin easily ^_^

(All what stands above was produced and brought to you by logical thinking, I have no idea in how far that really applies to the whole weapon spawn thing because I never made a map :P)

In fact that's what I asked for, but of course that is a bit hard when you think about it... as youthedog explained, there are limited (invisibru) weapon templates in the alarm room who flies with magic inside of the nowhere of the map. So in fact that means, each weapon that gets spawned got your skin only and if you had it like on the ski map, they have to be in the room like... stacked and flying in the air a bit (look at my screenshot of the galil) so everybody can pick them up. In fact that would mean that one can run through armory and give every weapon his skin, so the others don't get sh*t of their skins to see and it would be a total weapon spam over there :D

Also one way to get the weapons spawned like this would be if valve got their sh*t together and think about custom made maps to give a possibility to spawn weapons with skin easily ^_^

(All what stands above was produced and brought to you by logical thinking, I have no idea in how far that really applies to the whole weapon spawn thing because I never made a map :P)

So complicated....X3

Well, just so you guys have an update, the only problem I've had so far is that some guns will spawn with the skins, then some give me stat trak (which I don't have) and then others it doesn't give me a stat trak, and it's just random and no guarantee. I'll see if I can work with bonbon to do a mod sided armory to give you weapons which would give you skins.

Can anyone confirm whether or not guntoss with glocks gives you your skin or not?

Edited by youthedog
  • 2 weeks later...