Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Silent_Gears

I recently purchased a new basic graphics card (GT 630) just so I could run Just Cause 2 and a few other games with higher settings and I am able to do so but even with the bare minimum settings on CS:GO I can't make it over 50FPS.

Before I was using a GT 520 and I ran CS:GO at 60FPS while using fraps and 120FPS without but now I am reaching over 200FPS with the GT 630 but its only while I am dead and watching or in a menu :/ I feel like this is isn't a problem related to the graphics card but what could it be?

Specs:

- 4GB DDR2 Ram

- Intel CoreDuo EA4600 2.4GHZ

- (Zotac) Nvidia GT 630

- Windows 7 Pro SP1 64-Bit

- 120GB SSD For OS and 2TB SATA for everything else

Network:

- 30Mbps down 1.5up

- Router: Linksys EA3500

- Wireless card: Asus N300 USB

Will provide more information if needed.

Sorry for late reply thought it would give me notices.

I'm not too tech savvy but I can help out to the best of my ability.

Download EVGA precision ( http://www.evga.com/precision/ ).

When done, post back the results of your GPU temp.

With my old GPU I used the precision x for overclocking but haven't bothered with checking temps or anything yet will do that today and post results.

Are your drivers up to date?

I am using the nvidia drivers for it and the version is 327.23 which I think is the newest.

Also recently started playing CS:S again and its doing just about the same thing on the very lowest setting... honestly the characters on the start up screen look 8Bit lol. I get around 300FPS when I am dead and in menu but once playing it drops to about 60 :/ sometimes it will hover around 120-200 but it does not stay for long.

Going to post system information from nvidia control panel than do a stress test with the precision x.

Get a liquid cooling system

I don't think I am going to invest in a lquid cooling system.. haven't seen the GPU get past 50celsius yet.

increase your fan speed on your gpu, set it to like 95% or 100% might be loud but will fix your problem.

I will give it a try for a bit but I really don't think it is a problem with my graphics card or how hot it is getting.

Source games are cpu heavy, your dual core is most likely bottlenecking you.

I have thought about this a few times and was considering overclocking the CPU to around 3.3ghz but I am fairley un-expierenced with that and don't want to get myself into a costley mess.

I have thought about this a few times and was considering overclocking the CPU to around 3.3ghz but I am fairley un-expierenced with that and don't want to get myself into a costley mess.

This would be the best solution other then spending money on parts, just make sure you have a good cooler or can manage the heat.