Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Invincible Zombies After Spawn (Intended?)

Matt Marche

Currently, a large portion (but not all) of players are granted invincibility when they spawn as a zombie; This invincibility reoccurs each subsequent spawn, regardless of location (it works when you spawn on your teammates). I am not sure whether this is intended or a glitch, but either way it's a big problem.

The invincibility itself lasts for roughly 6-10 seconds, but gives no visual indication to the human team (blood still comes out etc) and the zombies don't see their health go down at all during that period. After the period ends zombies play normally again, unless they separate (zombie legs/torso) in which case they may or may not get another period of immunity (the fact that it only happens to some players leads me to believe this is a glitch). I haven't tested it, but fresh dead may also get immunity when they are spawned.

This is making the human team lose every single time on some maps, while hardly effecting gameplay on others. This makes 50% of the maps "unplayable", such as obj dump which is now the hardest map by far. On maps like dump the zombie spawn is so close to humans it's just a massacre every time, and on something like mall beta it hardly matters at all. This "feature" is causing the majority of players to sit back with money making classes because the difficulty jumped massively and surviving past even wave 2 is becoming rare on most maps.

Unfortunately, I do not have a demo right now. I can record one once a map that is suitable is played.

I suggest the period is removed or reduced to something like 2 seconds, enough to avoid instant spawncamping while still making it viable to do so. If this was intentional, I understand what you guys were going for; Being spawncamped was annoying as hell. But now, everyone runs from zombies because they think they're immune.