Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

3D Voice

iPhobia

Everyone has their personal opinion about the 3D voice added to the server. It has a ton of pros and cons for all the users of our #1 server.

I know a lot of people hate this mod, but do the cons really out weigh the pros?

Pros: Mic spam

This is huge, everyone hates mic spam, but at the same time, there is almost an admin on at all times to mute/gag also the mute button in the tab (doesn't always work 100%)

Also, this might help with teamwork in certain ways, but also hurt it. Which brings me to the cons.

Cons: No cross map talking

Now most maps on the server have multiple cading spots. This mod will do one of two things because of this.

1. No one will want to cade in any other spot in the maps, other than that where everyone is anyways. And with so many people in a close space --- more mic spam.

2. People will give up on even trying.

The problem is, making a game that is balanced any harder for teamwork to take place, causes people to rethink the quality of the mod (if its worth playing).

The mod is balanced. Mic spam happens in any game. Happens even in PERP when basing. People always wanna talk over each other.

What we need to realize that is if someone is talking or a few people are talking, instead of trying to talk over them, type it.

You never know that you might miss some useful information that someone else is saying (cross talk map).

Given the benefit of the doubt, changes are always being made to try to better the server.

Maybe it is something that would take getting used to, but personally, I believe this is going to hurt the server more than help it.

And given personal experience (no complete expert) on this mod, its more than possible that the quality and quantity will decrease.

Edited by iPhobia
  • Like 1

This not only makes it harder to play with friends it makes it harder to administrate the server for racism over voice. How am I supposed to respond to racism on the other side of the map? How am I supposed to stop an arguement on the other side of the map? How am I supposed to as a normal player rally the zombie team against a barricade? I shouldn't have to use teamspeak to communicate to my team, I should be able to use the in game voice system. This ruins the fun of the server and many people will simply leave over this. A second poll is located HERE if you would like to vote.