Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

What The Hell!?

Princess Celestia

All I can say is 9 bullets to kill a man with a pocket knife that was not a serious threat.

define serious threat

put yourself in that situation

are you sure its a pocket knife? are you sure hes not on pcp or something? even if you could identify it as a pocket knife, the attacker could go for the throat

you shoot til the target stops moving. if that takes 9 shots then it takes 9 shots. youre protecting yourself and possibly fellow officers from a potentially life threatening situation

its a highly sensationalized article anyway, it paints the cop as a bad guy and basically forms your opinion for you.

whether the cop was right or wrong isn't something i have the time to research or the information to form and opinion and im sure the cop isnt sure whether he was right or wrong either

• Like 1

define serious threat

are you sure its a pocket knife? are you sure hes not on pcp or something? even if you could identify it as a pocket knife, the attacker could go for the throat

you shoot til the target stops moving. if that takes 9 shots then it takes 9 shots. youre protecting yourself and possibly fellow officers from a potentially life threatening situation

its a highly sensationalized article anyway, it paints the cop as a bad guy and basically forms your opinion for you.

whether the cop was right or wrong isn't something i have the time to research or the information to form and opinion and im sure the cop isnt sure whether he was right or wrong either

To piggyback off of inc.

Police use what is called an escalation of force system. The military uses it as well.

If there is a need to escalate force to subdue/stop a threat to themselves or to others, they will.

• Like 1

define serious threat

Oh I wasn't talking about this btw, just remembered a derp cop that was arrested for 2nd degree murder for shooting a man in a empty bus 9 times.

It gets recorded on video, probably the only reason the cop gets arrested for murder, how much get away with this.

Edited by Arezk