Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Cs:go Black Screen

Well I decided to buy CS:GO since I need entertainment till CS:S servers populate, the issue is when I start it up, screens, black, no idea why. My computer should EASILY run CS:GO, but I have no idea why it blackscreens, the menu's there just blacked out. I Googled and seems alot had this issue with CS:S( I never have) and can't really find a fix that threads on google suggest. Any ideas?

1. Look for counter strike global offensive in your steam library
  2. Right click on counter strike global offensive and click on properties
  3. Under general tab there is an option that says "set launch options.." Double click that and type in -novid
  4. Launch csgo
  5. In case that does not work Redo steps 1 and 2 and then go to local files tab
  6. While in local files tab click on "Verify integrity of game cache..."
  7. Once its complete relaunch csgo, be aware it may take a while for it to verify.

Hope that helps.

Update your video card's drivers, put -autoconfig (remove -safe) in your launch options and see what happens. After you start it once, remove it from the launch options.

If that doesn't work, go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive and right click csgo.exe and set it to always run as administrator. If that doesn't work, try running it under compatibility mode. Also what's your CPU?

Edited by youthedog
  • Like 1