Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Dayz Alpha Released!

BooT

http://kotaku.com/dayz-released-on-steam-1484380526

The long-in-development standalone version of zombie sim DayZ is now out in the open. Creator Dean Hall just released an early version of the game on Steam's Early Access program, and it's available on his website, too, although right now that's getting hammered.

This is the first official release of DayZ in non-mod form. Originally designed as a zombie-packed add-on for the military shooter Arma II, DayZ exploded in popularity last year, leading Hall to start work on a standalone version.

"DayZ Early Access is your chance to experience DayZ as it evolves throughout its development process," Hall writes. "Be aware that our Early Access offer is a representation of our core pillars, and the framework we have created around them. It is a work in progress and therefore contains a variety of bugs. We strongly advise you not to buy and play the game at this stage unless you clearly understand what Early Access means and are interested in participating in the ongoing development cycle."

LINKS!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/221100/

https://store.bistudio.com/dayz

DayZ is more developed then Rust since DayZ started out as a Mod they have the ideas to fix it when they make the actual game which will overcome Rust... And I do believe DayZ was in many of the gaming magazines.... Rust though no where to be found.

You can pay to be in a gaming magazine these days, the game doesnt even have to be that innovative or exciting. (Ex: CoD Ghosts)

FP studios is updating frequently and listening to the community. Garry Newman knows what he's doing, and just because he doesnt advertise a game not even released doesnt mean its not as good or better than DayZ.

I'm excited for DayZ, but at the moment it doesn't seem interesting enough (yes, I know, alpha only). I've been playing Rust for just a couple days now, and it is seriously loads of fun, especially with a group of people. I think the two games are going to be tough competitors in the long-run.

why do people always compete games against one another, they're too separate games. not two games that were specifically made to beat the other one.

it's like saying Hello Kitty Online will beat Viva Pinata, both games are good in their own rights but that doesn't mean you can say that this one will beat the other one.

Rust has awesome crafting and DayZ is good at what DayZ does. There are things in both games that are not in the other. So please, for the love of god, stop saying a game will "beat" another game.

edit : also, both games are in early early stages so there is no way in telling what direction a game is going to go in.

• Like 1

Actually I installed WarZ yesterday...whatever its called now and they have made long strides into improving it but its still just as glitchy. Anyways... what most people seam to forget....

This is a ALPHA game... It used to be that the general public never had access to ALPHA and you were extremely lucky if you got access to an Open BETA.. Unfortunatly game companies thought ...hey we can make money by sellling early access to the game and have players say whats wrong with the game... problem is that Alpha testers used to be in-house and have access to the code and dev's directly and focused on backend bugs first and then cosmetics....now its all cosmetics for the most part...sure it looks nice but it plays like shit.

I must hand it to DayZ though...atleast they do put a big disclaimer on it.

THIS GAME IS EARLY ACCESS ALPHA. PLEASE DO NOT PURCHASE IT UNLESS YOU WANT TO ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME AND ARE PREPARED TO HANDLE WITH SERIOUS ISSUES AND POSSIBLE INTERRUPTIONS OF GAME FUNCTIONING.

Anyways my point is....read that disclaimer...if you bought it and are complaining its not worth it then you were warned and can now shut up. If your wondering if its worth it...read disclaimer... for me I bought it....its worth it for me now cause I know the game is ALPHA and the problems that come with it and I wan't as the disclaimer says "ACTIVELY SUPPORT DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME"

My 2 cents (since we don't use penies in Canada anymore)

Dnull

• Like 1