Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Graphics Cards

captaincracker

What would be, in your opinion, the best graphics card for your money? I'm looking to spend around $300-$350

Let me know your opinions please!

Computer Specs:

Processor: AMD A6-3620 Quad-Core 2.2 GHz

Memory: 8gb DDR3

Type: 64-bit

Case: Big enough for just about anything so no worries here

Fan: 120mm Twister 1800 rpm

Edited by captaincracker

Can there be a rule for this section that states "Do not post unless you give the proper information" AKA current gpu, cpu, psu, case etc.

For all I know you could be wanting to throw a gtx 780 into a single core celeron or have a 200w psu.

Sorry for the rant haha just see these a lot on here. Post current pc specs then ill give my opinion :P.

Can there be a rule for this section that states "Do not post unless you give the proper information" AKA current gpu, cpu, psu, case etc.

For all I know you could be wanting to throw a gtx 780 into a single core celeron or have a 200w psu.

Sorry for the rant haha just see these a lot on here. Post current pc specs then ill give my opinion :P.

My mistake! I will post my stats in bit

What would be, in your opinion, the best graphics card for your money? I'm looking to spend around $300-$350

Computer Specs:

do yourself an immense favor and get rid of that processor. the a-series amd processors are junk. Id do that before a 300 dollar gfx card. Otherwise you are just throttling yourself.

Yea I know :( Didn't think it would be too big of a problem though.

Think about it this way, the cpu isnt ESSENTIAL to gaming but it certainly helps to have a good one. When I had to downgrade my cpu to a 2 core athlon all my games dropped at least 10 frames. Your memory is still usable all you need is a better cpu and most likely motherboard. For $300 you can pick up a FX-3100 quad core 3.3ghz cpu and a m5a9x asus mobo with 100 dollars to spare and save to get a decent gfx chip like a radeon 7970 or something. Invest the extra hundred and you can get all three done and the world of difference will be seen. promises. .

Think about it this way, the cpu isnt ESSENTIAL to gaming but it certainly helps to have a good one. When I had to downgrade my cpu to a 2 core athlon all my games dropped at least 10 frames. Your memory is still usable all you need is a better cpu and most likely motherboard. For $300 you can pick up a FX-3100 quad core 3.3ghz cpu and a m5a9x asus mobo with 100 dollars to spare and save to get a decent gfx chip like a radeon 7970 or something. Invest the extra hundred and you can get all three done and the world of difference will be seen. promises. .

I'm guessing you mean an FX-4100, if you use that cpu with a 7970 this is all you're gonna get.

bottleneck.jpg

(a bottleneck)

Edited by Short
  • Like 1

Computer Specs:

I'm guessing you mean an FX-4100, if you use that cpu with a 7970 this is all you're gonna get.

(a bottleneck)

CPU http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113291

MOBO http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157366

GFX chip http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150687

Itll go about $15 over budget. but the performance will be great and there will be no bottleneck on it. Of course these are just suggestions.