Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

[Tf2] Hands Tied For Banning Frequent Name Changers

Misc2008

I realise that I can logon to HG bans on the website to ban a frequent name changer but in the meantime they are still hacking (and aimbotting probably). This can takes hours or days for a ban to be reviewed.

I could really do with something like banid to ban by steam id. Is the command advisor or above or...?

Hours or days? Most ban reports are handled in a few minutes - sometimes they take a bit longer but I've never seen them take days.

You have gold, aren't you an admin? If they're changing their names to avoid being banned, just go in to the console and type "status" and find their player number (Not their Steam ID) and issue a ban command on that player number. Make sure you follow up with proof so it can be extended.

Hours or days? Most ban reports are handled in a few minutes - sometimes they take a bit longer but I've never seen them take days.

You have gold, aren't you an admin? If they're changing their names to avoid being banned, just go in to the console and type "status" and find their player number (Not their Steam ID) and issue a ban command on that player number. Make sure you follow up with proof so it can be extended.

ah ha! so the usage would be like this?...

ban ###

If so this really needs to go in the admin training guide.

Upon reviewing the bans that I have previously submitted I think I've found the problem. In-game bans seem to be handled quite efficiently however bans submitted via the HG website seem to be less erm efficient. I think the problem might be that there is no dropdown for selecting TF2, etc on the ban form and so it takes a long time for the correct person to notice that it's there?

Upon reviewing the bans that I have previously submitted I think I've found the problem. In-game bans seem to be handled quite efficiently however bans submitted via the HG website seem to be less erm efficient. I think the problem might be that there is no dropdown for selecting TF2, etc on the ban form and so it takes a long time for the correct person to notice that it's there?

If you do as me when I ban someone trough hgbans , us the name of the suspected one and add (TF2) on the end, much more effectively 've than having a random advisor check trough the report/demo to figure out which division it is... Example : 'chainsawHaxkER (TF2)'

• Like 1

If you do as me when I ban someone trough hgbans , us the name of the suspected one and add (TF2) on the end, much more effectively 've than having a random advisor check trough the report/demo to figure out which division it is... Example : 'chainsawHaxkER (TF2)'

Hmm, I like that. I'm trying ban by id next time though. Shouldn't be too long this week...