Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

cs:s Let's Talk Serious

PhizZle

A new player comes in, becomes liked by many. Eventually a higher up comes in, a severely punishes said player for a rule violation or disagreement, usually resulting in that player never returning.

You make it sound like HG staff dont like new people, take a look at the players named below's history and tell me what you think...

Tech N9ne
http://hellsgamers.c...ns&st=Tech N9ne
Consuela
http://hellsgamers.c...103529-consuela
GI Jose
http://hellsgamers.c...s&st=1:62544007
Pho
https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php?sf=bid&so=is&st=0:5180655
  • Like 1

I apologize for the late response yall, I was a bit busy with a buddy's birthday. I cannot answer everyone at once, but I'll start off with RageQuit. I will get to everyone eventually.

I'd like to thank RageQuit for his contribution, and also to others who put in the effort to read my post and to also add to the conversation. Everyone must understand that this is from a player's perspective. I also want to make clear that I do not condone rule violations of any sort. I am only here to challenge the thought process of admins and the punishments that follow.

Jesus, you make it sound like these guys were disciples who were physically crucified or something. For the latter three players, they were given multiple chances (two of them on multiple accounts as well). As you claim that the server is meant to be played for the sake of unwinding, these players were not conducive to such an environment. Their bans were made rather objectively and not with subjective "hatred"; there is proof attached to their respective bans/t-lists. As for Tech N9ne, he was not forced to freekill; he could have passed lead rather than taking out his frustration on other users.

Let us take it down a notch by clearing up the air. Love is a word that does not need to mean "worship" or the like. In this situation, love only means the players enjoy their company, nothing more. So although it may seem like I portray these players as "disciples" to some, I apologize for the confusion. I only meant to use them as examples, as they are the few that were popular among the players.

I understand what you are saying about the multiple offences. Those who commit those rule violations should be punishment, but the severity of the initial punishments, and the ones that follow is wherein lies the problem. This is where, from a player's perspective, the admins' actions seem unfair and too severe. Of course, I do not condone the retaliation that some may take part in, but admins must ask themselves if those initial punishments fit the violation that was committed. Those same punishments can warrant even more bad behavior as a result. This can be compared to a overly strict CT lead forcing the T's to rebel because of his tactics. If you oppress someone, they will retaliate eventually.

Authority? You mean common sense? If acting within a reasonable bounds is something you don't want to abide by, then sure, you're not meant to play on these servers. And by no means are you forced to leave immediately. 99% of the time, unless you did something totally irreconcilable like hacking or threatening to take down the server, you're given many, many (probably too many) chances to shape up. I'm not sure what message you're interpreting from the punishments administered; I think you may have too much of an emotional investment in the players involved, which has influenced your judgment of the staff who play in Jailbreak.

From what I see, some admins have become sated. Again, the punishments that are handed out may be too severe in some cases, for new and old players. The main question of this discussion is: are these punishments done to discourage "bad" behavior, or are punishments given to the accused to discourage the players from playing ?

And no, I am not emotionally invested in the players involved. I see many players come and go. I want to turn that statement around and ask, have admins lost their perspective as a player and treat the casual JB players as lower than themselves, therefore they will punish without any care for the player? Is it because admins are not emotionally invested in the protection of the players? Not everything is black and white.

Thank you all for the responses.

Edited by PhizZle

Disagreeing with an opinion doesnt make you a douchebag. In my (humble) opinion Phizzle is standing up for people who break rules, nothing more. If anyone is coming off as a douchebag I think you could be added to that list generalizing HG as being full of douchebags. You expect special treatment from admins for people who break rules. You break a rule, you serve the consequence. HG is not a democracy and as you stated, every 'cop' (admin) has a different heart.

It seems like a lot of people think that I am supporting the rule violations. I am not. I am only posting here to get a better understanding as a player. Then, both players and admins, can discuss how to better treatment of players and how to better the way punishments are served.

Also, no one should be calling names or using derogatory terms to each other. An argument/discussion cannot move forward if it just becomes a shouting match. We should trade ideas, not insults.

feggets.

LOL JBKERS.

I always take a step back from the computer and think to myself, this is only a game, pretty ridiculous that I am even posting. But if everyone thought that, nothing would be brought up.

Edited by PhizZle
  • Like 1

From what I see, some admins have become sated. Again, the punishments that are handed out may be too severe in some cases, for new and old players. The main question of this discussion is: are these punishments done to discourage "bad" behavior, or are punishments given to the accused to discourage the players from playing ?

I don't understand your question, of course punishments are there to discourage people from acting like assholes or trolling the server. Punishments are given out by people with experience who have been giving them out for quite a while, most of the staff is experienced here. Punishments are given to the accused to discourage them from doing it again, hopefully problem players stop coming back and causing problems or else they get a perm ban, I don't get what kind of discussion you're trying to bring up. Why is bad in quotes? Bad behavior = breaking the rules, you're somewhat suggesting people are abusing by banning these problem players.

I'm someone who's "loved by many" but I don't get banned because I listen to the admins, and don't take things too far.

With that said, I think a select few admins are a little too anti-fun. Jailbreak is about having fun, and allowing just one person to make car noises on a NASCAR day is fun. Admins like Komodoh who don't even allow that are too anti-fun IMO.

I have played on a lot of JB servers, Norwegians, British, American. The thing I notice from being a higher up in a community is that there are some people always looking back onto how it was. The sad thing is that over time some of them, some of the old guys do something stupid, very stupid. I know this by fact.

I came into another community a long time ago, I started to know people and they were players that played almost everyday. I used to play mixes with most of them, that's were we had fun and could hang out. To mention some names you don't know, but that I know very well: Wavves, AMG PETRONAS, Monkey. When time went, there were some arguments, some caps-lock fighting among them. First one off was AMG, exact same thing as what happened here but it got to another level. What can you do when someone says something and gets gagged? Yes you gag them, and you gag them for how long you think it's fair. Then AMG also did a mass-freekill in frustration, What else to do then CTban (we had it, it was until the guy who got banned appeals and Staff/Officer decide if they should be let back) Basically the same as here. Nobody is above the rules, that's why it's a hierarchy to make things go smoothly. Every community has someone that says ''It's so corrupt, he just doesn't like me'' That's the way internet is and you may think so when it has happened to you. But for a fact, it's not. There are strict people higher up, but when people assume ''He did it because he didn't like me'' I get frustrated, when people playing a long time they should know the rules, and if you get mad you don't mass-freekill, you deal with it properly.

The people higher up didn't get the power because they don't care, They got it because they care. People will always be mad about decisions, but when there are rules, there are rules that's even how society works and nobody is above them.

You post abuse reports or ban reports, and there is always someone higher up than the guy who gets an abuse report. How should it else work?

Just like to respond to all the critics. Obviously I was frustrated and didn't handle it properly. It doesn't matter the reason.

What I did was clearly out of spite because I didn't agree with certain admins that were muting people for 15 rounds for saying one thing. I usually only play when from midnight - 3am and every time an admin would be on if there was excessive hldj spam or whatever, they'd give you a warning or 2. A player was muted for 15 rounds because he played a 3 second HLDJ clip. He didn't even use it the 3 previous rounds. So I thought that was non sense and decided to put my 2 cents in the wrong way.

Just have fun playing is what I say.

This was a stupid thread, I will agree.

Edited by techn9ne