Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Many Hg Admins Are Cancer

Meatsssss

It's a real shame that some of the best servers available on Valve games are riddled with terrible admins. To drastically simplify, there are two types of admins: admins that ban for the server, and admins that ban for themselves. When it comes to your minigames server, it's completely the latter. We were having great conversations in the server, but the admins just love to flex their power to satisfy their power trip. We played 2 maps in a row where there were spectators unable to join a team, and I brought it to their attention. "Why are we in this dumpster map -- there are a bunch of players who can't even play?" Admins in the minigames take that personally for some reason (when I'm entirely insulting the map, not them) and they love to mute and ban. In fact, they mute & ban at every opportunity they have.

I made a fresh account just to post this thread and hopefully there are some admins in Hellsgamers that aren't propping themselves on pedestals. The admins need a serious revaluation about what the fuck they're admining for. It seems like they have no training at all, like they're using admin to make their experience better and not the servers.. /rant

Edited by Meatsssss

Alright lets set this straight.

I came late to this party as Dode was handling this. When I joined we were on a course map. We understand some course maps only have X amount of spots available. As he was screaming that this server is gay and for "HG fa****s" I reminded him that he could rtv if he didn't like the map.

Sure enough, we rtv'd and THE PEOPLE IN THE SERVER decided to go to another course map. This means the MAJORITY of people in there wanted to play the map. You then decided to continuously call out not only myself, but Dode as well because we wouldn't manually change the map to what you wanted. When you continued to scream, I muted you. You then continued to argue in text chat. Dode had let me know he had kicked you 3 times prior to this for the exact same thing, so I banned you for 3 hours to cool off a little bit.

In my honest opinion, after being asked to calm down repeatedly and blaming admins for not bending to your whims, i wouldn't have kicked you 3 times, i would have banned you before the second.

https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php?i=115275#p70319

• Like 2

First of all meat didn't scream all he did was say he wanted to change the map because of spectators, the admin then said that all maps are like that so meat said why would you run maps that cant hold the amount of people that the server does and he was banned. From my point of view the admins are power hungry and were muting just because someone was giving an honest opinion. If i had a server i would choose more carefully who i get to admin it because these admins are just itching to abuse their powers.

I never said that the server was gay. I in fact NEVER say the word gay when I play games or in real life. So let's get this straight right here -- Joker's story is already riddled with lies. I DID RTV, and it went to ANOTHER course map where there were limited slots. As admins, why would you not use your powers to change to a map where everyone can play?

Sure enough, the PEOPLE in the server decided to go to a course map because ALL 5 options were course maps. That means that if people wants to play the game, the people with the fastest computers would join. That's just fucking stupid. You're admins! You're supposed to make a good experience for the players, why would you just sit there while people are complaining that they can't play?

Yes, I "called you out", because you were not changing the map. Did you not read chat? Did you not see that there were people begging to play? I don't get it. There are sometimes not enough people playing where limited-slot maps like some course maps are acceptable, but when the map is popping, why wouldn't you switch it? It's really simple, and no one would have been pissed if you accommodating for more people who wanted to play. (Keep in mind, I was playing, but there were at least 3 people who were begging to join that the admins were outright ignoring.)

You muted me which I thought was outrageous. You used your admin powers to extend over the mic their concerns (since spectators cannot communicate with CTs over the mic for some reason), but you didn't give a shit that there were around 5 people asking to play the game. There is also a time limit set in place for the server that prevents RTVing too early into the map. I never screamed in the mic, so that's a one-sided story. Do you have a demo? What I heard was "If you don't agree with my opinion, you're muted." That is literally the statement you said in the server after you muted me. Dude did not kick me 3 times prior -- look at the chat logs before you spout out more ridiculous claims.

You did not ask me to calm down, so please do not try to frame it like that. All you did was say "It's kind of awkward to say, but can you please shut the fuck up?" That is not asking me to calm down, that's disrespectful and completely against the point. At one point there were 5 people waiting in spec asking to play, and one was my friend. Instead of caring about them, you decided to ban me.

I don't know, you can keep me banned or whatever, but I think HG needs a serious rehaul on what an admin is supposed to facilitate objectively.

Edited by Meatsssss

Yeah it's so easy putting up the chat logs for a one-sided story. You never had any of the shit anyone was saying on the mic. What the hell does that prove? Doesn't say shit about the context or what the admins were saying.

Edited by Meatsssss

There is a command called NOMINATE that you can use to nominate a map you would like to play. Multiple attempts to talk to you wwere met with you yelling to talk over me. Way to many chances when you jsut needed to calm down and breath. In regards to your ban, please visit https://hellsgamers.com/hgbans.php?i=115275-meat to appeal. In regards to admin abuse, please go here https://hellsgamers.com/forum/39-abuse-reports/ to report an abusive admin. Im going to lock this thread to prevent this from spiraling downwards.

• Like 2