Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Does Multiple Admins Words Count As Proof?

The situation i ran into today.

Player says a racist comment over Mic. Is warned. After quite a few rounds does it again. Kicked. After quite a while he does again and is banned. All of them were blatant and over mic. I did not have a demo for any of those times due to them being so spread apart and admittedly im quite new with demos. How do you handle situations like this? If there isnt demos of it he gets off free because even though a full server with some admins on heard it we cant technically prove it? Or would one admin giving and explanation with the ban and another (or however many is decided) come and verify what the original said count. I read through the admin training and it doesnt really specifiy.

TL;DR Does multiple admins saying a version of events is correct with no other proof good enough for evidence?

I'm pretty sure you can make a ban for up to two hours without proof. However, if someone contests it in that time span and you don't have proof, they get unbanned. Hearsay/text doesn't count as proof; only screenshots and (more conclusively if rules are broken over mic) demos do.

• Like 1

Understood. Ill be honest I dont have a demo and screenies are useless in this situation. At the time i was under the impression multiple Admins word would suffice and now after talking over it with some people in game will correct myself.

Edited by LeemaBean

So its only for paid admins then? If a trusted admin or root one added in then it would be different? This is where some of my confusion is.

dAs can ban for 2hrs without proof, but dL+ can ban for however long they want without proof, at least that's how i think it works

I realize i was in the wrong at this point ad wont do it again.. Now im just looking for clarification so it can be written down somewhere. I did that ban after I had read everything and (Correct me if im wrong here) the only thing that applied was:

Warn - Thru admin chat If they continue then Kick - With a valid reason If they continue then Ban - With a valid reason Take all proof of warning and kick, so if they post abuse report you have something to show.

My interpretation of that was that if multiple admins or trusted HG members chimed in saying it was true that would count sort of like witnesses. But now that we are talking about this its written down somewhere that proof= screenies or demos only.