Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

For Fellow Hg People In Cali

Ace Glassburn

To be honest, California is one of the most liberal states there are so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This...

Assuming you're talking about the marijuana laws I'm kind of on the fence about it. One of the medical dispensaries near me converted to selling weed for recreational users recently. The whole process of going in and buying my weed and getting out is 10 times more complicated now, I can't just show my medical card and ID and be out in 5 minutes anymore. Also the TAXES!!! I spent ~$30 and the tax on it was around $8, fucking horrendous.

TLDR; weed should be legal but the tax situation is fucked.

Recreational bud is like $37 and some change a gram here(After the new state taxes! ( YAY! :) ), medical is $10 a gram (No Tax). Granted this may not be every where but this is true in my experience since the new law. The reason they legalized it was to be able to more easily monitor it and bust people for it, ie now instead of "driving drunk" ads and street signs there are "driving high" signs everywhere. Lots of loopholes and discrepancies that are unnecessary, when things could be simple as walk in show your ID buy your pot go home.

tldr; The government wants you to think them legalizing weed in California is because they are okay with it now, when really that's just the system playing reverse psychology on us.

Recreational bud is like $37 and some change a gram here(After the new state taxes! ( YAY! :) ), medical is $10 a gram (No Tax). Granted this may not be every where but this is true in my experience since the new law. The reason they legalized it was to be able to more easily monitor it and bust people for it, ie now instead of "driving drunk" ads and street signs there are "driving high" signs everywhere. Lots of loopholes and discrepancies that are unnecessary, when things could be simple as walk in show your ID buy your pot go home.

tldr; The government wants you to think them legalizing weed in California is because they are okay with it now, when really that's just the system playing reverse psychology on us.

Geez i should become a drug dealer i can buy it for 7,5 a gram at yo local shop

The whole process of going in and buying my weed and getting out is 10 times more complicated now, I can't just show my medical card and ID and be out in 5 minutes anymore

What is more complicated about it now? I've been in and out just fine really except for a long line the first time I went this year really.

What is more complicated about it now? I've been in and out just fine really except for a long line the first time I went this year really.

A lot of my frustration is probably the mass amount of new people who want to spend way too much time in there. There's now a take a number thingy at the place I go to lol. Also I had to fill out some paperwork like I'd never been there before - which I thought was just going to be that one time but every time I go I have to fill out the same damn thing. Granted a lot of this is probably just the shitty dispensary I go to.

Also they won't let me buy more than an ounce at a time :(