Quantcast

• Create Account
129 players in 39 servers, 284 users online, 19 recent bans.

Recent Status Updates

• Photo
      25 Mar
    The Cute Master :3

That moment when the library is closed for Spring Break, and so is the 24 hour zone. ;_;

View All Updates

Recent Topics

Featured Partners

[Zombie Survival] Report All Bugs/glitches Here

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

The Loan Ranger

The Loan Ranger

Members

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationArizona
To make things easy follow this template when making a post on a bug/glitch in the Zombie Survival server. When your bug/glitch has been addressed it will be removed. If you troll this post you will be given an infraction, this is a serious post and I hope you will take it seriously.

Template:

1. The time it occurred (include your time zone):

2. What happened and what were you doing to cause it:

3. Any first hand experience, this is required (preferably demos, video recording, screenshots, etc...):

Webflashing

Webflashing

ZS Trusted Admin

• 897 posts
  • LocationZombie Survival
1. Can happen anytime on the server

2. I got into a room with a button, then this vending machine spawned, i tried to nail but i couldnt nail, its also undestructable.

3. http://www.mediafire...z/firekills.dem

Webflashing

Webflashing

ZS Trusted Admin

• 897 posts
1. 10:30 (Server time)

2. Just playing normally, then suddenly Jihads started blowing up without stopping, they wouldnt kill the owner and give them kills, unless they typed kill in console.

3.  http://www.mediafire...vgjsglp/wtf.dem

Artymist

Artymist

• Pip
  • 3 posts
1. At around 10 o'clock pm (i use the chamorro time zone UTC+10:00)

2. Me and other people were playing a map called Gauntlet Reborn and enjoyed the match, it was hard but after the match, everyone's points were reduced to 0 including mine.

3. The only thing i have are screenshots of my points before the match and after it sort of.
Album: just screenshots
2 images
0 comments

The Loan Ranger

The Loan Ranger

Members

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationArizona
PM kigen https://hellsgamers....ser/2403-kigen/ and he will return your points. The map has since been removed and will not be making a return.

Webflashing

Webflashing

ZS Trusted Admin

• 897 posts
1. 11:36 (Server time)

2. I guess someone nailed a barrel to the ladder and then after wave 4 it occured that zombies couldnt go into the "blocked" ladder, only headcrabs and projectiles could do, it also happened on the bottom ladder before --couldnt record that time D:

3. http://www.mediafire...ddddddddddd.dem

And another one:

1. 01:15 PM (i really dont remember)

2. Zombies just spawned into our last cade for no explanation o.0

3. http://cloud-4.steam...8F5D21D2114EED/

The Loan Ranger

The Loan Ranger

Members

• 1,017 posts
  • LocationArizona

View PostWebflashing, on December 16 2013 - 11:43 PM, said:

1. 01:15 PM (i really dont remember) 2. Zombies just spawned into our last cade for no explanation o.0 3. http://cloud-4.steam...8F5D21D2114EED/
That's an issue with the map and isn't very common. As for the first one, it will be looked at, could be the same; an issue with the map.

Webflashing

Webflashing

ZS Trusted Admin

• 897 posts
1. Any time

2. Map looks all shiny like upward did for some reason, this wasnt on previous versions

3. http://imgur.com/SSNCqyl

Komodoh

Komodoh

Members

• 245 posts
  • LocationHuntington Beach
1. Always.

2. When you're a fast zombie and do damage to humans/barricades and you get shot into just a pair of legs, it doesn't show the damage you did prior to being just a pair of legs.

3. https://www.mediafir...qtryt71qe34t4di

Posted Image

Posted Image

KingZS

KingZS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America
1 - It's happened about 3-4 times to me, even to one of the Admins once that I know of. Just happened to me again at 0600.
2 - Resupply Crate disappears. First I thought that a headcrab or crow got to it without me knowing. But I saw it de-spawning or something.
3 - Can't really show any screenshots since it's gone. But it happened to me and Cosmic on Vertigo 1-3 days ago.

I don't know if there is a max amount of crates allowed on a map at a time but there were only 3 resupply crates laid down. (Map - Neighborhood)

Papa John

Papa John

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
  • LocationPizza Land
I'll look into it, but crates don't just disappear arbitrarily and there is no way we could be anywhere close to the entity limit for the engine. Try to see if you can get a demo of it happening, and make sure someone isn't just taking it or it is being destroyed.

testzone

testzone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
1 - Every time I try to enter the server

2 - I can't  enter! Stop playing for a while, now I started to play again. The game gets stuck loading in "retrieving server info"

3 - I can go on all servers except this and two other servers. I already tried:
I already tried: - remove local content (all garrysmod folder)
  - download the folder again
  - reconnect my internet (is faster)
  - I sought help for every damn web pages
  - ask Jesus for help?

Posted Image
hlp me please!

Edited by testzone, June 23 2015 - 10:53 AM.

Jimmers

Jimmers

• Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBritain
1. It can happen randomly. Occurs at the start of the round.

2. What happens is, at the start of the round sometimes the name list that shows zombie volunteers is frozen and I cannot tell if I am going to be zombie or not. As far as my knowledge goes nothing triggers it hence it's random appearance.

EDIT: It can also work the other way round. My username can be on the list and stay there even at the furthest point on the map and then I find I don't become zombie afterall.

3. Posted Image
And yes, others have encountered this problem too.

Edited by zGaMeZ-JaMeZ, June 29 2015 - 04:44 PM.

Papa John

Papa John

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts
  • LocationPizza Land

View Posttestzone, on June 22 2015 - 10:31 PM, said:

2 - I can't  enter! Stop playing for a while, now I started to play again. The game gets stuck loading in "retrieving server info"

3 - I can go on all servers except this and two other servers. I already tried:
  - ask Jesus for help?
hlp me please!

Make sure you're going to the Steam common folder and manually deleting the Garry's Mod folder after you remove all local content. Then download the game again and after it finishes installing verify the cache (game properties menu). If all else fails, go to the Garry's Mod help forum here.

View PostzGaMeZ-JaMeZ, on June 29 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

2. What happens is, at the start of the round sometimes the name list that shows zombie volunteers is frozen and I cannot tell if I am going to be zombie or not. As far as my knowledge goes nothing triggers it hence it's random appearance.

3. I will update when I have footage. I'm not sure if anyone else has had this problem but I sure as hell complained and moaned about it over the mic :omgimmad:. I just want it to stop because it REALLY gets on my nerves !!

This has been an issue since ZS was first release and is still a problem. It persists because there tends to be a difference, between the server and players, for calculating distance.

IMI4tth3w

IMI4tth3w

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationTexas

View Post♣♦King♠♥, on June 19 2015 - 05:14 AM, said:

1 - It's happened about 3-4 times to me, even to one of the Admins once that I know of. Just happened to me again at 0600.
2 - Resupply Crate disappears. First I thought that a headcrab or crow got to it without me knowing. But I saw it de-spawning or something.
3 - Can't really show any screenshots since it's gone. But it happened to me and Cosmic on Vertigo 1-3 days ago.

I don't know if there is a max amount of crates allowed on a map at a time but there were only 3 resupply crates laid down. (Map - Neighborhood)

resupply crates glitch through the floor on neighborhood due to the floor being very thin. Zombies can break the resupply crates through the floor. Either the map needs to be updated, or you just have to learn not to leave the crate down. Just pick up the crate and place it down every now and then for people to use it.
Spoiler: Jihad Fun

IMI4tth3w

IMI4tth3w

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationTexas

View PostzGaMeZ-JaMeZ, on June 29 2015 - 04:07 PM, said:

EDIT: It can also work the other way round. My username can be on the list and stay there even at the furthest point on the map and then I find I don't become zombie afterall.

And yes, others have encountered this problem too.

Dont ever trust the list.

Some maps, like snowy castle, if your name is on the list you will be zombie no matter where you stand. it's just one of the issues with a select few maps.

best bet is to stand as far away from zombie spawn at the beginning of the game. Also take note if there are multiple zombie spawns as you want to be far away from all of them.

Edited by IMI4tth3w, July 2 2015 - 02:19 PM.

KingZS

KingZS

Advanced Member

• PipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUnited States of America

View PostIMI4tth3w, on July 2 2015 - 02:16 PM, said:

resupply crates glitch through the floor on neighborhood due to the floor being very thin. Zombies can break the resupply crates through the floor. Either the map needs to be updated, or you just have to learn not to leave the crate down. Just pick up the crate and place it down every now and then for people to use it.

Alright, thanks Mat (:

Obamaite

Obamaite

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois, U.S.
i would like if the zombie volunteers list was fixed because it will say I'm on the list when I am not. When it reaches the last second I think I'm going to be a zombie but turns out I'm not.

There is also times that I wasn't on the list but became a zombie anyways

IMI4tth3w

IMI4tth3w

Registered Users

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts
  • LocationTexas

View PostObama Bush, on August 25 2015 - 08:15 PM, said:

i would like if the zombie volunteers list was fixed because it will say I'm on the list when I am not. When it reaches the last second I think I'm going to be a zombie but turns out I'm not.

There is also times that I wasn't on the list but became a zombie anyways

this has already been addressed. it is because the server and the player have discrepancies in calculating the distance between the player, and zombie spawn. Just learn the maps/where the zombie spawns are, and go as far away as possible when the round starts.

there are a few select maps that are broken, snowy castle for example, that when you are on the list, you will be chosen zombie no matter what. webflashing said it might have something to do with the fact that there are no zombie gasses at zombie spawn causing the error for calculating distance from spawn. but it will have to be looked into.

another map where people think its broken is objective pharmacy. what they dont realize is that behind the door near human spawn is a second zombie spawn. if there are not enough players close to the 1st zombie spawn, it will start picking players near that next zombie spawn that's behind the door.

again, never trust the list, and just learn the maps/zombie spawn locations and go as far away as possible when round starts.

Edited by IMI4tth3w, August 27 2015 - 10:44 AM.

testzone

testzone

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Okey I'm here again with the same problem of June:

3 - I can go on all servers except this and two other servers.

- ask Jesus for help?
and yes, I tried what you told me HG Management

any ideas?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users