Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Rebuilding The Cs:go Division

In light of the recent events that have transpired, I feel that I should make a thread to provide some information about who I am and what I (and fellow staff) intend to do to restore CS:GO division to its former illustrious self.

I've been around HG servers since early 2011; I joined HG in October that year and have been a part of the roster since then. I've been on and off a member of leadership with stints in both CS:S and CS:GO for roughly two years.

I have predominantly been a staff member who has worked behind the scenes and plays on servers that tend to have fewer HG members on a frequent basis, like D2 DM. As such, I'm aware that my promotion to division leader doesn't sit well with several individuals, and I can understand that sort of apprehension. I'm not someone who has consistently been in channels interacting with a bunch of other members, and I don't blame you if you think that I may not be the ideal fit for division leader. Icon and Burnt contributed a lot as leadership in a variety of ways, and it's extremely difficult to step into their shoes immediately. I hope that the community understands that CS:GO division is recalibrating itself, but this process will not occur over a single night.

I am working diligently with fellow leadership both inside and outside of CS:GO division in order to break down barriers that we have had in terms of communication from staff to the rest of the community and vice versa. I'm hoping to start announcing some of the plans intended to implement this within the next week.

We are transitioning the management of servers after the departure of Icon and Burnt. The leadership in CS:GO has several capable individuals with respect to developing and improving servers in terms of performance and entertainment. Again, this is something that will be a work in progress. However, I hope that the investment of time and effort from all respective individuals getting themselves well-trained for the job will have a grand payoff that the community can see for itself.

For the time being, please feel free to post in this thread with comments, questions, concerns, and the like, or message me wherever is convenient for more private matters (e.g. TS3, private messages, Steam). Thank you for reading, and I hope we can all strive to make CS:GO division great again.

• Like 18

I want to get this cleared up. I will say this in the beginning.

No salt, not pointing shit at anyone. Just observations.

I was a former staff, so when I say this, I speak from experience on both non leadership and leadership.

Here I go.

Rage quit I 100% understand your position. Believe me, as former gmod staff I do. I'm sure many of the other non leadership kids know as well. The problem, is the lack of communication and priority demonstrated by leadership. I've seen many suggestions made, some bad some good, some really good. Leadership hasn't given us fellow members a very.....amiable response to any of the suggestions, and none about actual work being done on the server. I understand many things require more time than others, but we need more transparency. We don't want vague answers. When you say something, DO IT. On time.

Many of us are frustrated by the lack of care and lack of responses with all the work we've attempted to improve HG. We want to help, but it's all shut down without real thought. It's frustrating, and I guess the post such like this came in just way too darn late. People want change, and the only way for actual real change to happen in months instead of years is to leave, and thus damage the division enough so it gets people working.

• Like 3

ur a fagit

jk luv u bb dnt evr stop

fix the spawns in that deathmatch server while you're at it too thxx

I got you, fam.

The problem, is the lack of communication and priority demonstrated by leadership. I've seen many suggestions made, some bad some good, some really good. Leadership hasn't given us fellow members a very.....amiable response to any of the suggestions, and none about actual work being done on the server. I understand many things require more time than others, but we need more transparency. We don't want vague answers. When you say something, DO IT. On time.

I understand exactly where you're coming from, and this is something that I have targeted to improve at least within the spectrum of the CS:GO division. I am a firm believer that a community can only be successful if trust and respect are reciprocated at both ends, and a lot of this boils down to communication. I'm currently working to establish more opportunities for staff and non-staff alike to communicate opinions, questions, and so forth to each other on a much more frequent basis. It's not an unfair request to want to have a gist of where the division is going and to have promises fulfilled, and I will look to make sure that the curiosity of everyone with respect to our direction is sated for the present and future.

Many of us are frustrated by the lack of care and lack of responses with all the work we've attempted to improve HG. We want to help, but it's all shut down without real thought. It's frustrating, and I guess the post such like this came in just way too darn late. People want change, and the only way for actual real change to happen in months instead of years is to leave, and thus damage the division enough so it gets people working.

In the end, I know that a lot of these departures are not out of spite or malice but rather frustration, and I have certainly had my moments where I have felt jaded. However, my intent is to provide a larger voice to the community at large. I recognize that many individuals feel that their input has had marginal worth in a lot of circumstances, so I look forward to changing this perspective around within a reasonably short period of time.

• Like 3

Congrats on your promo.

I think one thing the community lacks is transparency. From what I have gathered, some projects may fall through and not be implemented. It's O.K to say this, give the community a thread on what is currently being worked on. We get that sometimes things do not work, projects fail, it happens. We want to know what you devs are working on as a community, it builds hype towards these projects.

People are going to leave and comeback, I am guilty of this myself. Some people want to get attention and go out with a bang, others go quietly and respectfully. I think that when drama happens release a post about it, say what happened and how it is going to be handled.

Congrats on your promotion, I am excited to see where the community will go.

• Like 1

Anyone that has spoken to RageQuit will know he seems like he cares about the general improvement of CSGO division itself.

The guy has been here for years and proven himself. Just like when Weeman flew right up to uM when he came back and has done nothing but help the community.

If we don't have people that help, people complain. When we finally get people that help, people still complain. Give him a chance to actually run the division before you judge.

Just to add a little, don't judge when you don't know who you're talking to.

Rage has been here for so long, he knows HG inside out and I'm fully determined to help CS:GO with whatever we need help with under Rage. Expect some sort of transparency between the members of our division and leadership to create a better environment and get ourselves rolling again.

Lets do it guys, can't do it without you guys! Much appreciated.

• Like 2

I got you, fam.

I understand exactly where you're coming from, and this is something that I have targeted to improve at least within the spectrum of the CS:GO division. I am a firm believer that a community can only be successful if trust and respect are reciprocated at both ends, and a lot of this boils down to communication. I'm currently working to establish more opportunities for staff and non-staff alike to communicate opinions, questions, and so forth to each other on a much more frequent basis. It's not an unfair request to want to have a gist of where the division is going and to have promises fulfilled, and I will look to make sure that the curiosity of everyone with respect to our direction is sated for the present and future.

In the end, I know that a lot of these departures are not out of spite or malice but rather frustration, and I have certainly had my moments where I have felt jaded. However, my intent is to provide a larger voice to the community at large. I recognize that many individuals feel that their input has had marginal worth in a lot of circumstances, so I look forward to changing this perspective around within a reasonably short period of time.

Sounds good. I know I've had my frustrations after I stepped down. This is encouraging and I hope to see some good change for the first time. Cheers, congrats, and good luck. We're all watching and hoping.

Congrats on your promo.

I think one thing the community lacks is transparency. From what I have gathered, some projects may fall through and not be implemented. It's O.K to say this, give the community a thread on what is currently being worked on. We get that sometimes things do not work, projects fail, it happens. We want to know what you devs are working on as a community, it builds hype towards these projects.

People are going to leave and comeback, I am guilty of this myself. Some people want to get attention and go out with a bang, others go quietly and respectfully. I think that when drama happens release a post about it, say what happened and how it is going to be handled.

Congrats on your promotion, I am excited to see where the community will go.

One of the biggest issues we have that I can tell is communicating when abrupt events occur, such as losing a developer or some other obstacle causing a delay in the work on a server. At the very least, we should be informing the community of when these things happen. It does become difficult when we have limited resources for these sorts of things in a development perspective, but it does no good for anyone when we don't say anything at all about it. We not only lose the trust of the community but also miss out on potential individuals who could have been contributing to the cause at hand.

Love you Ragequit.

If there's anyone that's capable of filling the shoes of those in leadership that have left, and will be diligent and committed in doing so, its him. Give the new leadership time to get settled in, make their adjustments, and judge from there if you deem it fit. Like Sui said above, he's proven himself time and time again, and will continue to do so as lead of the CS:GO divison.

I might get shit for this, but this thread could've came way earlier because this could've helped the "Crentist movement" from leaving. After Burnt and Icon both stepped down, a big hole was left in the division and I know you might think " Who the fuck am I, I'm just a troll that's permabanned kek" but I still followed HG really closely and I hear some of the complaints going on within the division. After they both left, the division looked as if nothing was being done and there was no communication between the uppers and the members. When members ask questions, we were left with vague answers and sometimes it comes so late to where people have already said "I'm out, peace." I'll pm Karma as well as you about what I think needs to be fixed although I'm sure most have already voiced their opinions as soon as I get my mind cleared and really hone in on some of the most important issues.

• Like 1
Congrats on your promo. I think one thing the community lacks is transparency. From what I have gathered, some projects may fall through and not be implemented. It's O.K to say this, give the community a thread on what is currently being worked on. We get that sometimes things do not work, projects fail, it happens. We want to know what you devs are working on as a community, it builds hype towards these projects. People are going to leave and comeback, I am guilty of this myself. Some people want to get attention and go out with a bang, others go quietly and respectfully. I think that when drama happens release a post about it, say what happened and how it is going to be handled. Congrats on your promotion, I am excited to see where the community will go.

This is a good post. We've done a bad job with communication and we're going to work to fix that. I can't make excuses for previous leadership or previous incidents, I can only tell you that you have my commitment that we will do a better job with this going forward

sometimes it comes so late to where people have already said "I'm out, peace."

People aren't going to like this response but the reality is, these are the types of members that HG doesn't need. Folks who find it easier to throw a tantrum and walk out rather than continue to work towards HG's progress aren't really an asset to HG. It's probably best for them to leave and find a community that better meets their needs. Passive aggressive doesn't work for me. Walking out doesn't work for me. If you want HG to be better, help make it better. No excuses.

Some have said that these guys will return to HG eventually. My attitude is a bit different. A few of them I'd take back but a large portion of them need to find new gaming communities that will better match what they're looking for. HG isn't for everyone.

For those of you who have offered feedback, thank you.

Sirius

I finally hopped on the computer after 4 months of being off. Only to be disappointed to a completely empty csgo jb server and most of the DM servers were pretty quiet aswell. I'm not blaming anyone since I haven't been around so that would be really ignorant of me to accuse people of problems. All I mean is I couldn't see anyone else getting the division back together. you were a good staff member when I was around and when I was in leadership aswell. congrats on the promo and I look forward to seeing how it goes.

Edited by Silly Brian
  • Like 1

Good luck Ragequit, I really hope that you do a better job than I did. People keep talking about "filling my shoes" but honestly i didn't really do much, at least not as a Divisional Leader, especially not in the last few months.

This apparently seems to be an issue that's plagued HG for years now, since before I was staff. I'm sure y'all will work through it!

Now what I'd like to know is what happened to 10 mans? It's been ages since I've done a good ol' HG 10 man (since before csgo came out). Someone told me that they aren't really a thing anymore. Is that true?

This apparently seems to be an issue that's plagued HG for years now, since before I was staff. I'm sure y'all will work through it!

Now what I'd like to know is what happened to 10 mans? It's been ages since I've done a good ol' HG 10 man (since before csgo came out). Someone told me that they aren't really a thing anymore. Is that true?

Unfortunately yes. Source died, so CSS 10mans died, and CSGO has built in matchmaking (5v5) and tons of other pug clients so people don't really 10man anymore unless on special occasion.

Unfortunately yes. Source died, so CSS 10mans died, and CSGO has built in matchmaking (5v5) and tons of other pug clients so people don't really 10man anymore unless on special occasion.

Quite in fact, Clearcut and I would always pack up the CS GO 10man channel and we would play at least two games per evening. It wasn't dead until yesterday lol

• Like 1