Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Number Counting Challenge

EtherealHope

Alright boys and girls, this thread is meant to be something fun and at the same time meaningful for everyone and anyone in the clan or as a friend to the clan. If you have been on a forum before, chances are you've seen this done but, I'm going to add a little twist to it!

The point of this thread is to post the next number in the sequence (if someone posted 1, you post 2, then the next posts 3, etc. etc.) and with it, a meaningful comment pertaining to something in your life that inspired you to strive for/achieve your goals and aspirations. Whether it be a person/group of people or an event in your life that made a positive impact on you or whatever it may be, post it up with your number and keep the train rolling! (Don't be that guy or gal to mess up the sequence)

With as much animosity as there is between different cultures, peoples and places today, we all could use a healthy dose of positivity and "good vibes" for not only all of us in this community, but for every single living thing on the Earth included. Please make your posts meaningful! You never know, even a small bit of inspiration or "feel-good" attitude could be what it takes for someone else to get through their struggles!

Let me kick it off...

1) One thing I have always been, and always will be, thankful for and devoted to are my parents. I grew up in a lower middle class household, nothing extra special like all the "other kids" who lived near us but that didn't matter. Even though my parent's lived paycheck to paycheck most months and years, they kept a roof over the head of my two sister's and I, as well as food on the plate night after night. Learning from them and growing under their wings taught me a lot of different life lessons that I keep with me, even to this day, about the value of enjoying all the little things and being outside to take in the scenery around me while I have the time to. Yeah, remember that constant, over-used "stop and smell the roses" concept? It may sound stupid and pointless and what have you, but it really does help you to see things for what they really are and to actually enjoy the time that is given to you. Go try it sometime. :P

Now it's your turn!!!

Edited by Jaspaa
  • Like 5

2. Id like to say thanks to hg aldo its not always good its my second home i can always stop by i feel hg as a second family as the years passed bye i made alot friends. Id like to thank some of them @joe u have been there from pretty much the start u are like a bro to me u have always been there for me in good and bad times and ill never forget that thanks for everything u have done for me. 3>

• Like 1

3. I'd like to thanks all my squeaker friends. You were the guys who didn't make fun of my voice, you were the people who rebelled with me, you were my true friends. I would especially like to thank: Quad, Mewtwo, Nibs, and Elite. You supported my throughout my HG carrer. Thank You Guys. I'll never forgot what you have done.

Edit: Thanks Jaspaa for making this.

Edit #2: Also want to thank all the CS:GO Mods and Staff (Archer is the best still.)

Edited by MicrosoftWord
  • Like 1

4. I want to thank most of my friends who keep me staying and make me feel welcome, @Salazze,Cain,Dank_Narre,Watch,Ryze,ZS.Dylan(From the past), How Super Terrible, Obamaite, Harle, ATB(if he still have interest in me), Foxhound, and many others. Thank you guys you are the greatest friend that I ever met <3

Edited by Lunar (Moonar)
  • Like 1

5) one day during spring 2015 i had another promo app up that was going no where. I didnt grasp the concept that I needed to meet people to get +1s until the app was already up. So I got on teamspeak and...unmuted. Which I never did back then, I was scared of stranger danger and that sorta thing, I had only talked to 1 or 2 csgo mg people and mostly typed. I needed to meet people to get +1s before I got a reapply again so I went to the most populated channel...gmod zs. Back then the zs people were 1 group of friends and were passionate about their game...but not obsessive like some are now. You never met such a tight nit group of friends. Face guy, atrocity, skylark, dr i have no idea (lol), kitsune, kit ballard and some other members that are gone now. I didnt get a single +1 from anyone in that channel because 1. 80% of them were recruits and 2. i only met them for a day...but it was amazing to meet them, and I eventually got a +1 from burnt and clearcut in the last moment but I continued to stick around the zs guys to this day :) that spring with the zs people going into unturned (the best hg server that lasted 2 weeks) was amazing, because I was going thru a hard time being the new kid at a school irl anyways, and it kept my self confidence up the remainder of the school year

• Like 1

6) If there is one thing i'm happy i did it was getting the balls to play 10Man... I had no experience on CS:GO other than the tutorial and videos so I went in thinking people are going to yell at me and i would just crawl back to a channel called TF2. I was surprised when the people didn't yell at me (rise still did tho) and in fact just shrugged it off and taught me how to play. I then met the rest of the CS:GO Division and made some pretty good friends in HG. I will always have these moments cherished.

Still ain't joining the divsion tho.

• Like 1

8) I have been Wrestling for 7 years now, and I have been half assing practices, because they were hard and I was there just to have fun. In the last year I have been pushing myself to finally get out of sectionals. This weekend is regional and I am going to have to push myself to get out to semi-state, but my heart is set on it and I will not be going easy on my opponent on Saturday morning.

9. I would like to thank everyone who does not believe in me or trust me enough to do something (if you spend time with me and think this I know it so do not deny it). These people make me believe in myself even more, and while some might think of this as discouraging I think of it as encouraging to prove those people wrong be the best you can be.

• Like 1

10. Back in 2015, I was a member of a little clan called born2run. A VERY close friend of mine showed me this weird server with power hungry lunatics acting like a leader to a bunch of prisoners on this jail map. I sucked back then, and was very sad. I would play the server daily for weeks on end, trying to get better and mastering the map of jailbreak. A moderator, peacemaker, said, "hey quad, you should join HG. I said I'll give it some thought, I doubted I would though. I caved in as a few friends I made were already in, and I applied. I joined, got my tags from peace again, and I had a ton of fun. I played through entire nights sometimes, having fun with good friends. For the beginning part of my recruit-hood so to speak, I was a really bad toxic person. But, I improved, learned from my mistakes, and matured. I applied for member of the clan I've spent weeks and weeks on and with, I was swiftly shut down. I wasn't too bummed out, though. I knew I could improve and next time would be different, everyone who -1'd me would say. They said the exact same thing next time, and the next time, and the next time. I would and still am always trying to improve, this community is such a close brotherhood and I have so many friends here, I can't abandon it after getting denied a few times, shit happens. I am coming up soon on my first full year in HG, and I'm very excited. I hope to wear my tags at the time of when I applied again, to show how much one can change and become in one little year. HG is a family, a brotherhood, and if you deny it, you don't know us. HG is love, HG is life. <3

Edited by Tyrion quadister

11. I first joined HG late at the end of the summer of 2015. I didn't really know anyone and didn't really play on the servers too much because I was actually kind of shy at the time. When Jailbreak (The primary server I played on went down) I followed the crowd to Minigames to enjoy my time in the early month of December. Then we all know of Crentist. I didn't really understand it at the time and why it was a big deal nor why it had happened (I was later informed). Let's fast forward to this summer. In the previous year I had bothered two of my irl friends about joining HG because I found it to be a fun gaming community and they really weren't interested *cough Bolbi and Seraph*. Eventually, I convinced them to join and we grinded the fuck out of TTT. I guess we caught the attention of uppers and me and Seraph (eLad) at the time both earned mod. Somehow along the line Seraph earned fucking Staff (don't even know how that happened) and I eventually got console banned which lead to my promotion. HG is my place to chill and not worry about my real life situations and so far it's worked out. I've even made some pretty good friends (Foxhound, Ruthless, Peace, Iron Chef, Hyper, Suicide, Archer and plenty of others). Overall it's been a good ride and I'm excited about the future!

• Like 5