Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Formal Introduction

Techdude 92

MC1337

HG Forums

02/06/17

A Formal Introduction

By Techdude92

Hello all, my name is Techdude92. I was around HG back in 2013, and I've come back more consistently September 2016. Since coming back, I've become a Gold Member, -hg- recruit, and most recently an [HG] Member. I figured that I'd post a more formal introduction, so you can get to know me a little better, and what I hope to be/do while I spend my free time on the server and the forum.

​I am from Minneapolis, MN. I am 24 years old, and am a junior Radio Broadcasting major at a small Christian college in the Twin Cities area.
I just recently got married back in October to my wife who I met while at school. For jobs I work at my college's radio station as a network operator; where I monitor the on-air feed and power output of the station. I also work at my colleges performance hall as a stage tech, doing anything from mixing sound for orchestras/live bands to running lights for theatre shows. I also am the lead sound-engineer at a local church.

For hobbies I like to play video games (PS4 and on my mac, not very many options there but maybe I'll build a PC soon.) listen to music, play piano, riding my bicycle, and having a good time.

One of my most recent hobbies happens to also be playing on the Jailbreak server. as I've said before, I've been playing consistently since this last September, and I've really enjoyed my time here. I played for a couple months before deciding that I wanted to support the server both monetarily and by helping out as a Gold Member. Shortly after becoming a Gold Member, I decided to apply to join HG.

The past couple of months has been quite an experience. I've learned a lot about what it means to be a good admin, and it's taken mistakes on my part, and watching other people either succeed or ultimately fail at being admins. I've also learned that positivity and being kind on a server that has a penchant for negativity will get you noticed. I've enjoyed my time as a recruit, I'm enjoying my time as admin and a now a full member.

While I may technically be a paidmin, I don't choose to see it that way. I don't think of myself as paying to get admin powers. I have chosen to donate my money to HG and along the way, I've been given a chance to be a positive force on the server as an admin. Being an admin is not a right, it's a privilege, as I have seen over the past couple months and I don't want to be known as an abuser. I don't want to be known as a paidmin. I want to be known as someone who knows the rules and enforces them for the good of the game and the good of the server.

Long story short, I wanted to give you guys an opportunity to meet me, to know who I am, to know where I come from, and what I hope to be in this community. I'm going to make mistakes, but I'm gonna learn from them and keep trying to have fun while I'm at it.

- Tech

tl;dr: Tech is a dude who wants to be a good member.
  • Like 4