Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Pc Problems High Cpu Usage.

Xaioa

I think the problem is fixed, Did load of shit with my PC and it keeps at the 99 degrees Celcius. 3 Coolers in there and when I feel it I only feel (kinda) hot air but not burning my fingers off.

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me!

That CPU throttles at that temp so it is definitely not fixed...99C is not safe to run 24/7. With that chip you don't really want to run above 75 with prime95 running and if you ran that now it would shut off (not good)

Post a pic of the inside of your case and post updated screenshots of the temps and voltages.

Edited by BranHorse

I think the problem is fixed, Did load of shit with my PC and it keeps at the 99 degrees Celcius. 3 Coolers in there and when I feel it I only feel (kinda) hot air but not burning my fingers off.

Thanks for all the help you guys gave me!

Fixed and 99 degrees Celsius shouldn't be in the same sentence unless there's a not there. We need a few pics of your case, since that's the next most likely cause of heat issues. Get some close ups on fans, since they might be in the wrong way.

Ive been using the PC for almost 3-4 hours yesterday, no problems and no differences in the CPU temperature. I think maybe the temperature meter of the processor might me broken..

You should see about sending it back then, It's defective. Are you absolutely sure you pressed it down properly?

Edited by Short

You should see about sending it back then, It's defective. Are you absolutely sure you pressed it down properly?

Its already used, so I it is impossible to return it at the moment, only when its still in the box and unused.

I am also 100% sure that the components are in the right position now.

Ive been using the PC for almost 3-4 hours yesterday, no problems and no differences in the CPU temperature. I think maybe the temperature meter of the processor might me broken..

So just to clarify some things.....

Your cpu is 99C all the time..... That doesn't happen....ever. Your temps at zero load and temps at 100% load should easily be distinguishable. For example if I turn my pc on and nothing else is using cpu power but the os it runs at 23C. When I load 3 games of BF4 or whatever it will be up to 39C. If you are getting a constant 99 it can mean a few things...none to good.

1. User error. Possible that the heatsink is not making any contact to the cpu period, which is why i asked for pics. Considering your knowledge (from what I read in this thread) I assume that this could be the cause and a very easy fix.

2. The sensor is fucked in which case RMA it. You can also try other programs like coretemp to monitor the temperatures. Sometimes HWM can have problems with certain boards.

3. The Bios is reading the right temps but all programs are being stupid. To check this go into the bios and look at the temperatures there. If that reading is 99C then this thing needs to be RMA'd or the heatsink is not making contact. If it is reading less than say 60 then its the programs that your using to check cpu temps fault (not likely)

Also your vcore is being throttled which leads me to believe that the temps are being read the same 99C in the Bios. Or when you set this machine up it was done without disabling intel powersaverpoopycrap etc.

Only one thing here is certain running this cpu in particular at temps above 75-80C is not good. The possibility of it breaking is increasing the more it is operated at 99C which is why everyone in this thread suggest you do something about it even though it is running fine.