Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Pc Problems High Cpu Usage.

Xaioa

SOLVED. kinda..

I bought some new components for my PC and I encounter a few problems with it.

So the problem is, my CPU goes nuts for some reason and it mostly is around 80%-100% usage.

When this CPU goes so high my sounds is going all crackly and I can't hear anything an this is really annoying.

If I play a game like CS:GO (all low settings) it just keeps skipping frames. I have all the latest drivers for my components and it is all brand new.

I used net_graph and it shows me that i get 60fps which is low for this Graphics Card and then it just drops to 20fps or lower.

All the components are correctly placed in my PC and I am out of sollutions.

Googled some CPU thingies but I can't seem to get it working.

Also my MSI Graphics Card can handle 1000+Mhz but in the MSI App it only goes to max 400mhz.

Please let me know some new sollutions.

If there is something I missed please let me know.

Im pretty bad at hardware PC.

Specs:

Graphics Card: MSI GTX770 2GB

Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming

Processor: Intel i5 4670

RAM: Kingston Technology HyperX 8GB (x2)

Power Supply: 850 Watts.

Im sad :(
Edited by Xaioa

power supply?

Added.

is it your CPU or GPU that's acting up? its possible that your card is running to hot resulting in a drop of performance. if you can, try and check how hot the card is running during idle and under heavy load.

Ill try to get some software for this. Will post results later on.

Well for starters, assuming you are on Windows, check your task manage to see if you have some background program that you forgot about that's causing a problem. If you're on 7 just look under the cpu column, and if you're on 8 then hit more details in the lower left to get that column.

What parts changed? Did you get a new cpu, a new gpu, both, etc?

Next, check your anti virus because there was a virus that popped up with all of the bitcoins and what not which used your pc to mine for whoever coded that virus. I don't know how common these are, but if its being used constantly that might be it, since mining for coins heavily taxes the computer.

Last thing I would suggest is if you only switched out one part or two, replace said part with your old one to see if it still happens. If it does, its not the hardware, but if it doesn't it might be a faulty component. Last resort though, since if it's running it's probably not broken.

As ascii said, make sure you used a good application of thermal paste, but not too much; if you applied too much it could cause problems worse than if you hadn't applied any

Also try booting in safemode, run a few scans like ccleaner and the like, see if you still have as much usage in safe mode.

I would also suggest advanced systemcare for diagnosis; it's worked well for me for years

If the problem is resolved in safe mode, try rebooting regularly; if the problem is back you might even have a virus

new cpu hot and fan running hot? hmm what thermal paste did you use?

I do not think we used any Paste.. Maybe here is a problem.

whats the brand of the psu??

Cooler Master

What parts changed? Did you get a new cpu, a new gpu, both, etc?

The parts named above are new ones. So these got replaced. Checked my applications that are running, no such things as a bitcoin miner.

Also try booting in safemode, run a few scans like ccleaner and the like, see if you still have as much usage in safe mode.

I would also suggest advanced systemcare for diagnosis; it's worked well for me for years

I've got the latest version of Advanced System care, I did 2 scans and updated all the Windows 8.1 updates. It it saying my PC is all good.

Does this happen when idle? Any other games this happens in?

When I look at youtube video's this will also happen, when I talk to people in Teamspeak 3 sometimes the sound will go all robot for me.

prtsc your task manager under performance

Done, here are some screenshots its in Dutch though.

http://imgur.com/cPkmIit

http://imgur.com/9pZZKTX

This is the CPU usage as making this reply and having Teamspeak and Steam open.

Results of the Temperature program with only having Teamspreak, Google Chrome and Steam and the Program itself open.

http://imgur.com/UdGto4k

Edited by Xaioa

so your cpu temps sitting at 99 combined with the fact that you're not sure if you used thermal paste leads me to believe you didnt and id recommend you stop using your computer immediately to preserve your cpu provided permanent damage hasnt already been done

put some thermal paste on that shit

• Like 3

Yea, looking at the temps you need paste ASAP. There should paste that came with your cpu or if you have an after market cooler, that too. Usually, at least on AMD cpus, there's paste already on the cooler. I've never worked with intel so idk, but even if there is make sure its a nice even, thin spread. You don't want to much, but enough to cover a fair portion of it. Just put a bit on the center of the cpu then push to cooler down onto it to spread it.

If it happens that there isn't any paste on or with it for some weird, awful reason, I recommend Arctic Silver Ceramique 2. I use it, it works well, cheap, and non conductive. Before applying paste of any kind though, make sure to clean the cpu with some isopropyl alcohol(often labeled just rubbing alcohol or something like that, check to make sure though). Just take a paper towel that lightly go over it to make sure there aren't any finger prints because that can increase temps.

Yeah, I have ordered some Thermal Paste and they will get here on Tuesday.

My PC is off now at the moment. (Im on my laptop).

Thanks for all the helps guys. Let's see if this can fix the problems.

Having a aftermarket cpu cooler also helps (I am not sure if you have the stock intel one or what not)

Having a aftermarket cpu cooler also helps (I am not sure if you have the stock intel one or what not)

I will have this in the back of my mind, because there is already a cooler on it from intel itself.

ascii and his spot on trouble shooting, I still got it.

Not confirmed working yet, hold your trophies!

I will get my paste on tuesday so we will see until then.

Edited by Xaioa

I will have this in the back of my mind, because there is already a cooler on it from intel itself.

Not confirmed working yet, hold your trophies!

I will get my paste on tuesday so we will see until then.

If you want a good, cheap cooler, grab an Hyper 212 Evo from CoolerMaster. 30-40 bucks for an amazing cooler. The one and only flaw to it, is that it's a bitch to put in(at least on AMD).

Really strange as they normally come like this.

intelC2Dstock_bot.jpg

Those chips always come with it. He must have rubbed some off or something.

OP clean the top of the cpu (when the pc is off and unplugged) by rubbing it with alcohol and q tips. Then put a pea sized dot of the new compound in the center of the cpu. (google dis shit)