Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

How To Phase Jump Through Cades Using One Button

fen Ra

Hello friends,

today I will show you a method I have figured out that lets you phase-jump using only one button of your choice.

Phase-Jump: the act of clipping through a barricade in mid-air while jumping, essentially running through the barricade.

Apparently it is a skill (jump + duck + phase key) but somehow everyone is doing it with binds (one key (this also makes the jump flawless every time)) and the coder has tried to remove this feature as well. So, let us stop racking our hands, as doing it manually takes a toll on the fingers!

1. Open up your console (~ key)

2. Enter these three commands one at a time

3. alias +phasejump "+duck;+jump;+zoom"

4. alias -phasejump "-duck;-jump;-zoom"

5. bind t "+phasejump"

6. Press T while running towards a barricade (or any other key you put after the word "bind" in step 5) and bam, you're on the other side. Enjoy!

2nlzgMo.gif

• Like 1

Back when I used to play grindscape, Jagex (the people who made it) banned binds/scripts that made you press more than 1 key with just one tap, so it's hard for me to view this outside cheating but hey.

Suitzoom jumping isn't a problem on other servers (maybe .5% know about it elsewhere and unfortunately you can thank me for spreading it on hg) but on hg it just gives an even bigger edge to humans... one day when I was bored and I hoped on I repeatedly suitzoom jumped out of the cade and smacked bonemesh to mess up his position without taking damage a single time. I can't think of a fix off the top of my head thats easy to make but it should be worked on

• Like 1

Back when I used to play grindscape, Jagex (the people who made it) banned binds/scripts that made you press more than 1 key with just one tap, so it's hard for me to view this outside cheating but hey.

Suitzoom jumping isn't a problem on other servers (maybe .5% know about it elsewhere and unfortunately you can thank me for spreading it on hg) but on hg it just gives an even bigger edge to humans... one day when I was bored and I hoped on I repeatedly suitzoom jumped out of the cade and smacked bonemesh to mess up his position without taking damage a single time. I can't think of a fix off the top of my head thats easy to make but it should be worked on

If I understand what is going on correctly, which I believe I do, then it is actually a fairly simple fix. I'll wait to see if we have any more opinions on the matter.

• Like 1

It is sufficient to put the commands in a text file, save it as mytweaks.cfg and move it into your C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\<accountname>\ garrysmod\garrysmod\cfg\ folder, and add exec mytweaks.cfg into your autoexec.cfg and save it.

Edited by fen Ra

the politics going on in hg is getting a bit ridiculous..

why shouldn't the more advanced players have an advantage utilizing advanced game techniques?

next thread "ban zombie strafe hitting too OP"

Edited by IMI4tth3w

the politics going on in hg is getting a bit ridiculous..

why shouldn't the more advanced players have an advantage utilizing advanced game techniques?

next thread "ban zombie strafe hitting too OP"

You're too advanced to press a three key combo?

You're too advanced to press a three key combo?

its not difficult once you learn it, but to do it properly it does take some practice. its pretty much all but guaranteed you won't just happen upon learning it (although obviously SOMEONE did), as it must be taught. something that 10% of the humans use being said is OP is a bit ridiculous IMO

Edited by IMI4tth3w

its not difficult once you learn it, but to do it properly it does take some practice. its pretty much all but guaranteed you won't just happen upon learning it (although obviously SOMEONE did), as it must be taught. something that 10% of the humans use being said is OP is a bit ridiculous IMO

Well I saw one guy do this and I thought "man he must be crouch-jumping and phasing simultaneously" and indeed it worked. The nice thing is that there's a chance that you fail it and get eaten, and if you bind it to one key that simply will not happen, ever. I'm fine with the developer working with these little moves and combos at his own pace, but if there's the lazy macro thing going on, then everyone must be put at the same level or people will never deal with it.

• 1 year later...