Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

A Review Of The Recent Zs Updates.

ATB

Yes this has been a talk for awhile now. Some of you like the updates, some of you don't. We've been working around the

time to try to listen to your voices and try to rectify some things here today. This will be a discussion of what current issues

you guys find with gameplay besides maps etc. Keep the topic serious and within argument-free grounds. Kudos, let's try to

make zs a better place for everyone. One of the issues that will already be addressed is moving the rare sword that is 1000

points to a higher tier to unlock to make it more fair as it a very high damaging weapon if it shows up within its 5% chance to

spawn. Any other balances can and will be discussed if you guys would like to free yourself here.

*UPDATE* New update changes as followed already:

1.) You now make much less points when you hit humans as a zombie or kill them.

2.) Shout vote now works (aka map cool-downs now work in it's proper state, also meaning maps don't go on repeat)

Stay tuned more fixes!

• Like 3

i feel like the knockback on the grim is too op compared to the other weapons, if i were to get 5 grims and sprayed it to a stack of zombies , the results will possibly be the zombies would be pushed 10 feet away from the cade.

Another thing i feel like they should fix is the points not showing up for some people, like me when points werent showing up for a while (was 4-5 months back) everyone had to use the KF2 hud. Sometimes this problem is fixed when you have to reinstall gmod. But for me it's permanent i tried to ask for mods for help and no solution, every so little seemed legit but it still doesnt work. This can be fixed.

The KF2 hud takes so much fps down, ill take an example, i use a laptop and when i use the KF2 hud, my fps goes from 70-60 to the mid 30's to below 10.

Theres one glitch some people abuse, if you get in a tight edge like between a wall and a tall pole, u can acctualy make urself get stuck in it and then put a prop and type !stuck u can get stuck between the pole and the wall and zombies can reach u.

Edited by dank_narre

Yes this has been a talk for awhile now. Some of you like the updates, some of you don't. We've been working around the

time to try to listen to your voices and try to rectify some things here today. This will be a discussion of what current issues

you guys find with gameplay besides maps etc. Keep the topic serious and within argument-free grounds. Kudos, let's try to

make zs a better place for everyone. One of the issues that will already be addressed is moving the rare sword that is 1000

points to a higher tier to unlock to make it more fair as it a very high damaging weapon if it shows up within its 5% chance to

spawn. Any other balances can and will be discussed if you guys would like to free yourself here.

Make your post less annoying to read

We should add a flashbang to the arsenal that is twice the price of the grenade. The flashbang should do like around 100 dmg to the shade and magic shade.

^

• Like 2

-remove zs_obj_enervation. zombies have more numbers than humans half the time, and humans still win. its 25 minutes of pointfarm, and there are still exploits in the HG version.

-remove the distance for nailing to zombie spawn, on maps like Zs_swimming_pool and zs_french_house you cant nail to half the house because its so close to zombie spawn that it says "impossible" for half the map

votezlist needs a major overhaul so people dont vote for the maps on the first page of the votemaps.

No idea why magic shade was introduced; literally a zs-game-defying-boss from the gods. I vehemently abhor this boss. Has no place whatsoever here.

My heart literally bleeds for the ease of points made. I mean, buying grim reapers used to be a risk-buy and only a few (very few) could profit. Why is it that I can buy 3 top tier guns and still profit o.o

LOL @ +400 points as a zombie for doing next to absolutely nothing other than 4-5 hits on humans hahaha ez points.

Edited by TheAtrocity
  • Like 7

My heat literally bleeds for the ease of points made. I mean, buying grim reapers used to be a risk-buy and only a few (very few) could profit. Why is it that I can buy 3 top tier guns and still profit o.o LOL @ +400 points as a zombie for doing next to absolutely nothing other than 4-5 hits on humans hahaha ez points.

this is a problem, because it leads to something called power creep. new weapons introduced will constantly have to be more expensive, and in turn be more powerful because they are more expensive. however, new players will have a hard time making points to buy the more expensive guns.

also, why are triple points still on?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/PowerCreep this shit is spot on

Edited by zoomy
  • Like 1

Aight boys im about to break my fingers for making an essay on this shit.

Alright, so like everyone else has said above, the amount of points people have is insane, literally half (maybe even more) of the regular players can buy any weapon they'd like and still probably make those points back in less than a fucking day. There absolutely needs a point purge, like the the great taxation, but except actually going through with it and not reverting it because a bunch of idiotic pointwhores can manage their points like they manage their time with videogames and school. Also double points, stuff is fun for those who are new to the game, but it's pretty much the main reason of the influx of points. Make it like once or twice a month, not every weekend where people can spend all their time just grinding it out.

Next, maps. Comeon man, this stuff should be fixed already, playing day zero and 6 nights is stupidly repetitive and makes me want to erase it from my memory entirely. Playing objective every hour is just god awful for those who enjoy the actual hide-and-survive aspect of zombie survival. I have no idea how it should be re-worked besides making it similar to nox's play twice and wait till the rest are played before playing again system, but please make it so that we arent playing objectives and poorly made house defense maps all the time.

Weapons: Please add a stock limit on the weapons. I know how everyone's going to riot about parties being impossible, but in terms of actual balance and gameplay, it would make things be so much more enjoyable for humans and zombies (not having to worry about a boring benelli, tiny slug, and grim reaper rape constantly). Also please buff shredder.

King Headcrab, you said it's size was going to be smaller and people wont get stuck on it, but in it's current state, it's pretty much the same model but with no legs? To add insult to injury, people still get stuck on it! What the fuck, man?

Edited by bwaap
  • Like 3

I would like to stress though, that after my stepping down, the server went into the wrong direction. This time I feel like the heart and intentions are in the right place, but we are still in need of correcting major issues of your immediate predecessors. It's going to be a long fight, but once this is fixed and gone through, there will be a definite improvement to the server well-being and its population.

Weapons: Please add a stock limit on the weapons. I know how everyone's going to riot about partirs being impossible, but in terms of actual balance and gameplay, it would make things be so much more enjoyable for humans and zombies (not having to worry about a boring benelli, tiny slug, and grim reaper rape constantly). Also please buff shredder.

I WANT TO BUY MY GRIM REAPERS AND DESTROYERS EVEN IF I PLAY HG ZS WITH 10 FPS @ LOWEST SETTINGS!

Instead of a weapon stock limit that punishes the good players who are, of course, busy with defending/cading/lagging, I feel like we should do something about the points instead. As in, the earning of, the keeping of, and the maintenance of points.

This was never a problem when people could barely earn enough points to carry over and grims were a risk-buy. Average players had at max, 500-10000 points. Now the average kleiner easily has 50,000 points miniumum. LOL?

Edited by TheAtrocity

The recent events that has taken place in ZS, the constant events and points being given out has ultimately ruined the point economy, as Atrocity said, the average player had around 1000-10000 points, now it's averaged at around 100k... I shouldn't of been able to gain 1 million points 3 times in a total of 3 months (That's 1 million points per month, if you're not aware...). Making things expensive isn't the best of ideas to approach this situation. Considering there is new players, and their points determine on how long they will play for.... The point averages has increased rapidly, back in 2014 it was around 40000 points for a Good player, now we can say around 1 Million is the average for a Good player. Although we can see how this point nonsense plays out upon adding the leveling and skin function, that may consume points from players quickly

But for now can we just stop having double points on every day? I used to love coming home on a Wednesday to have a good 3 hours of pointfarming, and i'm sure a lot of others did, but now double points is the norm, and it's becoming so normal that we may risk population loss if we remove double points, players are so adapted to it now.

The weapon balancing is good, and makes a lot of useless weapons useful, and the good players use the weapons that are buffed and underused

And to summaries this, having stupidly large quantities of points in such a short amount of time (I am partly to blame for having a lot of points) is the norm. And it shouldnt be. Making 2000+ score should be a rare occasion if it isnt double points, let alone 4000 points in such a small population.

(Screenshot is addressing how easy it is to make such score in low population, especially being a underrated, not much of a pointwhore map)

post-34687-0-43218200-1476548254_thumb.jpg

Edited by Gandalfâ„¢
  • Like 1

Alright, so like everyone else has said above, the amount of points people have is insane, literally half (maybe even more) of the regular players can buy any weapon they'd like and still probably make those points back in less than a fucking day. There absolutely needs a point purge, like the the great taxation, but except actually going through with it and not reverting it because a bunch of idiotic pointwhores can manage their points like they manage their time with videogames and school. Also double points, stuff is fun for those who are new to the game, but it's pretty much the main reason of the influx of points. Make it like once or twice a month, not every weekend where people can spend all their time just grinding it out.

Next, maps. Comeon man, this stuff should be fixed already, playing day zero and 6 nights is stupidly repetitive and makes me want to erase it from my memory entirely. Playing objective every hour is just god awful for those who enjoy the actual hide-and-survive aspect of zombie survival. I have no idea how it should be re-worked besides making it similar to nox's play twice and wait till the rest are played before playing again system, but please make it so that we arent playing objectives and poorly made house defense maps all the time.

Weapons: Please add a stock limit on the weapons. I know how everyone's going to riot about parties being impossible, but in terms of actual balance and gameplay, it would make things be so much more enjoyable for humans and zombies (not having to worry about a boring benelli, tiny slug, and grim reaper rape constantly). Also please buff shredder.

King Headcrab, you said it's size was going to be smaller and people wont get stuck on it, but in it's current state, it's pretty much the same model but with no legs? To add insult to injury, people still get stuck on it! What the fuck, man?

Fixing one of the biggest issues since the summer has been the hardest thing. No solution still hasn't been found of how to fix our biggest issue which is map cooldowns. If this was fixed already we'd be able to play a larger variety of maps rather then "house maps" and "obj" sorry for the delay but it still will take some time to fix this.

Fixing one of the biggest issues since the summer has been the hardest thing. No solution still hasn't been found of how to fix our biggest issue which is map cooldowns. If this was fixed already we'd be able to play a larger variety of maps rather then "house maps" and "obj" sorry for the delay but it still will take some time to fix this.

Great, glad to know its being worked on.

I feel like the excessive point profit is very concerning as well.

I remember in 2012 when I started as a kleiner the only viable weapon for profit was pretty much Adonis and Boomstick due to their high damage per shot (while damage-per-second was and is shit).

Grim was almost like a guaranteed loss because it was a bullet hose and it was obviously costly to people making very few points per round.

It took me like 2 weeks to finally be able to afford buying those weapons on regular basis without spending all my life savings on them; all because I could only get like 25 profit out of Stalkers and Infernos.

What about now? The profit is so real to the point I can split half of all my points and profits to my less-able friend and still run around with all the excessive buys and get good profit on top of that. Hell, since when can I keep multiple primary weapons and end up profiting?

pls fix

I've made many attempts to remedy that but everytime I get people raging that they can't make profit or that the server is shit because they barely any profit. One of these attempts was reducing the point output on later waves and another was to make it where you only save half your profit/loss

Though this unpopular choice still should be made. Nobody should be profiting if the entire team are holding grims; because there are not enough zombies to be shot per person. Punish the humans for excessive excessively powerful weapons.

hmm perhaps reducing profit rate per tier 5 gun after the 10th? Smaller grim squad = more fun for zombie (thou zombines might easily overwhelm cades so maybe some adjustment for them as well)

Edited by futo

I feel like the excessive point profit is very concerning as well.

I remember in 2012 when I started as a kleiner the only viable weapon for profit was pretty much Adonis and Boomstick due to their high damage per shot (while damage-per-second was and is shit).

Grim was almost like a guaranteed loss because it was a bullet hose and it was obviously costly to people making very few points per round.

It took me like 2 weeks to finally be able to afford buying those weapons on regular basis without spending all my life savings on the; all because I could only get like 25 profit out of Stalkers and Infernos.

What about now? The profit is so real to the point I can split half of all my points and profits to my less-able friend and still run around with all the excessive buys and get good profit on top of that. Hell, since when can I keep multiple primary weapons and end up profiting?

pls fix

I've made many attempts to remedy that but everytime I get people raging that they can't make profit or that the server is shit because they barely any profit.

One of these attempts was reducing the point output on later waves and another was to make it where you only save half your profit/loss

Edited by ForrestMarkX
  • Like 1

I've made many attempts to remedy that but everytime I get people raging that they can't make profit or that the server is shit because they barely any profit

The people who make profit are the people whom which are good, rather. The people who complain about not making profit, either means they spend too much points on random crap or they're just bad in general. Making profit if you buy a grim, again, isn't the easiest things to do. As for people whom rage at the server and call it shit, theres no point in favoring or helping them if they think the server is bad.

The people who make profit are the people whom which are good, rather. The people who complain about not making profit, either means they spend too much points on random crap or they're just bad in general. Making profit if you buy a grim, again, isn't the easiest things to do. As for people whom rage at the server and call it shit, theres no point in favoring or helping them if they think the server is bad.

ATB agrees that the changes I wanted to do are bad so I couldn't do them anyway

-remove zs_obj_enervation. zombies have more numbers than humans half the time, and humans still win. its 25 minutes of pointfarm, and there are still exploits in the HG version.

-remove the distance for nailing to zombie spawn, on maps like Zs_swimming_pool and zs_french_house you cant nail to half the house because its so close to zombie spawn that it says "impossible" for half the map

New hard af version should be coming along pretty soon.