Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Should The Grenade Launcher Be Removed?

Gewehrwolf

I know I'm like the last person who should be asking about removing this but I've heard a lot of people on the server complaining about it so I've deciedd to make a thread for it.

IMO, as much as I like using it, it is pretty overpowered. OP to the point where both stocks can hold a solocade on wave 6 vs 50+ zombies.

And as I said, i've been hearing complaining about it to the point where players actually stopped playing because of it.

Now, I don't know the conensus of this, so I want to know what do you guys think.

Should it be removed or should it stay

*silently praying in my head that I don't get messages saying I put this in the wrong forum*

Damage is good but the knockback is very high, hard to hit the cade in zombine vs 2 launcher it keep pushing you back. I wait next update since 16 years there will be some interesting changes about the gameplay.

Edited by Trazix
  • Like 3

I'm so torn on this. I absolutely love solocading on a big map to try and get the gernade launcher. It gives solocading a new incentive, as it is actually possible to make profit if you cade really well. In this case, I don't think it's super op, as I've never seen a solocade, even with 2 gls, make it longer than a wave. The reload speed makes it difficult to stop a massive hoard from damaging your cade. Having both will alleviate the issue, but it is hard to time your reloads. I do think changing the unlock for the launcher and ammo to 95% could help, so you wouldn't have a well-made cade of 7 vs 70 with 2 gls and 5 photons go forever. Keep in mind that there are very few maps(ancient sands, last stand mall, natay ship, and banana mall c1 are ones that come to mind)that humans are capable of pulling this off, and even then a boss can usually counter them.

However, I feel that the gl unlock on wave 6 is very overpowered. The addition of zombines is largely wasted as they get knocked back and decimated in half a second. Once the humans get to wave six, even a shitcade can dominate a game of 25 v 55. I argued for the gl not being op in this case in an earlier post, but I have come to my senses over this.

I think Trazix makes a good point. The update is seemingly drawing close, and we should see how it goes in the new environment. I feel nerfing/removing it right now would make a lot of players angry.

• Like 1

After looking at the grenade launcher I've seen that its not really worth removing , First of all lets start with its crazy cost , I highly think anyone is willing to put 400 points on a gun (explosive) that will only last one round ( since you can only buy it during wave 6 or during the intermission ) , and I also think that its pretty balanced since its expensive and good .

However , as people haven't failed to mention , the knockback is immense , so maybe a decrease would be acceptable , overall this weapon is used ( according to my statistics ) %30 of the time , stats range from which map is playing to who is playing ( did a few research in some people's usage to guns ;) ) , Overall I don't suggest removing the gun , rather nerfing its knockback is the solution .

Thanks

• Like 1

Just nerfing the knockback on the grenade launcher just a little bit would be nice. It would hopefully allow the zombies to not be thrown so far back when hit by the grenades. Also it would possibly make people less susceptible of rage quitting and keep more people on. Though having the knockback nerfed a little bit could also change a few things. One it could make it easier for people to shoot the zombies, since they wouldn't be flying all over the place. Second it could make the final wave harder when 60+ people are on, because the final wave is already hard enough sometimes as it is. Third and finally it could make people not buy the weapon if it got nerfed. Depending on how bad it git nerfed.

Just some of my thoughts on it.

Just nerfing the knockback on the grenade launcher just a little bit would be nice. It would hopefully allow the zombies to not be thrown so far back when hit by the grenades. Also it would possibly make people less susceptible of rage quitting and keep more people on. Though having the knockback nerfed a little bit could also change a few things. One it could make it easier for people to shoot the zombies, since they wouldn't be flying all over the place. Second it could make the final wave harder when 60+ people are on, because the final wave is already hard enough sometimes as it is. Third and finally it could make people not buy the weapon if it got nerfed. Depending on how bad it git nerfed.

Just some of my thoughts on it.

It's situational on when it's op. I think it's perfectly fair game as it is now when it's unlocked by percentage death. It should be really good, and gives people an incentive to go be creative and find other places to cade away from the same places we always go to. And it has made a difference. Any map that can be solocaded always has people going off and doing something different. Some of the most fun I've had on zs is managing to solocade and get to like 3 v 60 and decimate a whole zombie team for a couple minutes. We still end up losing in about a wave, so it's not like a prolongs the game to an unreasonable amount of time. It's hard to pull off, but the reward is justified in that you can make a nice profit.

I think it is broken though on wave 6 unlock, however. A recent game on highschool really highlighted the opness of the knockback for me. When trying to squeeze into doorways as a zombie, you usually get thrown right out into the doorway, making it really hard to hit a cade even once. On top of photons, grims, booms, and everything else, zombies are usually boned on wave 6. There was only 2 doors left at the start of the wave, yet the humans beat a zombie team that should've easily wiped them out.

I think a good way of viewing the gernade launcher is that maps that are typically human sided become even more human sided. Human-sided maps are definitely in the miniorty of maps played per day, however. Personally, it wouldn't be crazy to see the gernade launcher get pulled off the wave 6 unlock and only being available through percent dead and objective maps. I would really hate seeing it get nerfed and hurt solocading.

• Like 1

NO.Was playing all week looking at the Gl seeing was it that Op.I would say no,there is loads of factors involved. The cading,How many players are on,are the zombies working as a group Ect..It looks great stacking up the bodies but iv been on the end so many times where we lost, and that's with two gl firing and the knockback.The humans needed something to slow them down, it add more to the tension. Good cadeing and defending players make a bigger understated impact.

Edited by darkcup
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...