Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Allow Afk'ing

relavis

Simple enough, allow players to AFK.

Here's how it benefits everyone:

It benefits the server because

-More playercount which means increased people joining

-Keeps the server alive

It benefits the player because

-More hours means more jobs

-They can grow drugs without getting kicked for AFKing

Thoughts, ideas?

No, people who are gonna go afk are just gonna take up space for those people who are trying to join

Edit: either way theyre gonna be kicked from server for being afk for 10 mins

Edited by Lunar
  • Like 4

Nah Brother.

The reason we dont allow afking is because people who afk for more than 10 minutes clearly will be away for quite a while, whats the point of staying afk in the server if you're gonna go eat somewhere and dont come back in the next 3 hours?

People get kicked for afking because they are blocking people who actually want to join the server when the server is full for example. The server will be full of people who are afk if you allow this, also you will allow people who arent even playing to make points, basically in dank's own words:

<19:25:03>"[wink wonk] dank_narre": "so people can grind when sleeping"

Not to sound rude, but this is kind of a common sense question of why we dont allow afking. lol

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 2

Simple enough, allow players to AFK.

Here's how it benefits everyone:

It benefits the server because

-More playercount which means increased people joining

-Keeps the server alive

It benefits the player because

-More hours means more jobs

-They can grow drugs without getting kicked for AFKing

Thoughts, ideas?

can grow drugs without getting kicked for afking? no lol

keep the server alive? nah it will just keep the server full and nobody can join

more playercount so people can join? people probably cant join because people are afking

more hours > more jobs? what does that even mean? do u mean if u stay in the server 24/7 does that mean ur working at mcdonalds or some other place AND while being afk as human or zombie? by the time u get out of work ur gmod will probably crash by then

AFKing is bad for gamemodes like DRP and PERP mostly because you dont have to actually play the server to get the job you want at that point

(Redacted check edit logs if you want to see) is one of the most successful (if not the most) DarkRP server communities out there. They allow and encourage AFKing. See where they are at?

This isn't meant to be an advertisement btw.

Edited by andrewcbaker

No, but here's why.

the whole point of there being a waiting time for jobs is so that players can learn the rules and familiarize themselves before they jump into having a job where they can instantly have a gun. Idk about you but i'd rather have 0 players in game rather than half the server (more or less) ask.

Another reason is dedication. you gotta want to keep playing and work up to get to where you wanna be, you don't just leave your pc on for a day and unlock every job that would be bullshit, respectively.

Also, players could then boost off of afk players(of course it's against the rules, but people break the rules) & there'd be too many loopholes and discrepancies to even make this policy exist. for instance; say i'm on by myself with 5 other players who are afk. I could just sit there in nexus and kill them, finish them off, repeat. No one would know unless logs are checked and they generally aren't arbitrarily checked.

"they can grow drugs without being kicked" - certainly they can, but there's no effort involved in raiding someone who's afk then they respawj at nexus. you see where it goes and the cycle repeats.

Just my two cents, respectively.

• Like 2

(Redacted check edit logs if you want to see) is one of the most successful (if not the most) DarkRP server communities out there. They allow and encourage AFKing. See where they are at?

Nox is one of the servers on the top of zs and they allow racism and hate speech, does that mean we should allow it too?

Edited by Aeris
  • Like 1

You're confusing everyone because you're not being specific enough about what the fuck you're talking about lol. Don't be so dense please. It's hurting my head. You have to make it clear since most people look from recent topic.

• Like 2

You're confusing everyone because you're not being specific enough about what the fuck you're talking about lol. Don't be so dense please. It's hurting my head. You have to make it clear since most people look from recent topic.

Here, I'll explain.

SuperiorServers.co is one of the lead DarkRP servers because they allow AFKing and give incentives for advertising. They give cash in DarkRP if you have your name set as "(name) | SuperiorServers.co". The AFKing is a win-win for both sides because it allows the player afking to gain time on the server and allows the server to be more populated. We aren't going to fill a server with AFKers, let's be honest, it's our fucking Perp server. It would work for everyone.

Here, I'll explain.

SuperiorServers.co is one of the lead DarkRP servers because they allow AFKing and give incentives for advertising. They give cash in DarkRP if you have your name set as "(name) | SuperiorServers.co". The AFKing is a win-win for both sides because it allows the player afking to gain time on the server and allows the server to be more populated. We aren't going to fill a server with AFKers, let's be honest, it's our fucking Perp server. It would work for everyone.

Ok and?

Like I said before, its not about copy-pasting the strategies of another server, much less one that is a different gamemode, its about creating enough unique stuff that makes the server worth going to.

I can assure you. Afking is not one of those.

No, but here's why.

the whole point of there being a waiting time for jobs is so that players can learn the rules and familiarize themselves before they jump into having a job where they can instantly have a gun. Idk about you but i'd rather have 0 players in game rather than half the server (more or less) ask.

Another reason is dedication. you gotta want to keep playing and work up to get to where you wanna be, you don't just leave your pc on for a day and unlock every job that would be bullshit, respectively.

Also, players could then boost off of afk players(of course it's against the rules, but people break the rules) & there'd be too many loopholes and discrepancies to even make this policy exist. for instance; say i'm on by myself with 5 other players who are afk. I could just sit there in nexus and kill them, finish them off, repeat. No one would know unless logs are checked and they generally aren't arbitrarily checked.

"they can grow drugs without being kicked" - certainly they can, but there's no effort involved in raiding someone who's afk then they respawj at nexus. you see where it goes and the cycle repeats.

Just my two cents, respectively.

this guy has a point

just imagine urself with a low end computer and ur seeing a server 89/90 u join it, 50% people are active 50% are inactive doing something (ex: masturbating or sleeping) u then wonder why they're here in the first place and people start votekicking them out because of anti afking or something. This will break the server with just afk people and by the time u leave the server and check the status of the server, the bottom person will probably have 7+ days on the server doing nothing at all while "grinding"

thus said if we added this we will probably break the server, add a rule thats honestly stupid, people wont join the server EVEN IF it wasnt full, people think its a dead server besides the people afk, i dont see a thing similar between PERP and fucking zs besides the weapons, and using another server for ur example is nothing related to our server they have different rules and such.

Now that i explained this if we added this we will basically just destroy our precious zs server and become AFK survival 24/7!

Here, I'll explain.

lol you do realise superior servers have at least 10 other servers that redirect them to the main one? I really don't see the benefits here. If anything its just laziness and really sloppy work. You want quality for our servers why not volunteer to do some coding then.
  • Like 1

lol you do realise superior servers have at least 10 other servers that redirect them to the main one? I really don't see the benefits here. If anything its just laziness and really sloppy work. You want quality for our servers why not volunteer to do some coding then.

I would but it appears that all development work on Perp has been abandoned.

I would but it appears that all development work on Perp has been abandoned.

see that's a really dumbass comment. I don't understand people that complain about something so much but yet won't even attempt to help.
  • Like 1

see that's a really dumbass comment. I don't understand people that complain about something so much but yet won't even attempt to help.

If work was actually being done to perp on a normal basis then I would absolutely volunteer to help. But it is literally dead.

If work was actually being done to perp on a normal basis then I would absolutely volunteer to help. But it is literally dead.

then I really don't understand why you want support for this if you don't want to help out yourself. This is just poor reasoning.
  • Like 2

that's not an excuse.

I dont see any other mappers in the gmod division making objective maps or ANYTHING at all and that hasn't stopped me from trying to bring new content into the server.