Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Forum Issues I've Encountered

Jxhn

I've been on the forums for a while and I guess you could say I'm more active on the forums than ingame. I have found multiple bugs/issues and decided to list them here.

On the HG downloads page for wallpapers, profile backgrounds, etc. there is a maps page. This page is unused and should be removed.

The "Gallery" link at the bottom of the website is a dead link.

[spoiler=Demonstration]587091481654c0c27c23aece42e9f233.gif

The Justin.tv bbcode is unused and seemingly broken.

[spoiler=Demonstration]bd6d3453b6340f1d76e5875c9573fcf5.gif

The Top20 is an unused link and has said "coming soon" since I've joined...

Also, the menu to post status updates on this page is also messed up.

[spoiler=Demonstration]ca2d8acc07dcaf3ad02946ce451596af.gif

The Sponsors page is also empty and should be removed.

The featured partners display only has a single clickable link (GeekFuel)

[spoiler=Demonstration]8cfe11a5d86034ec436a2a05245ded48.gif

The HeLLsGamers text at the bottom of the page has a space between "HeLLs" and "Gamers." Also, we might want a copyright renewal as well :)

ff42b072c3b1a19190faca4e0828941d.png

(Thanks @)

The bans page video is gone. (Thanks @)

88df1c94d5c1e9645857ea8020540944.png

The bans page lacks a method of filtering for group bans and locked bans (Some group bans can be found under @Kigen's bans

The Steam sign-in has been broken and should be removed (Not sure if this is true) (Thanks @@Imperial Knight)

Only twelve forum badges show on your profile card next to your forum posts if you have more. (Menoch for example.) Also, the forum badges that are animated are static on our profile cards.

Suggestion: Allow us to edit which badges and how many we show while keeping all of them.

The account bans page has incorrect ban reasons, rep penalties, and durations listed at the very bottom of the page and some of these offenses listed should go under in-game bans or t-lists.

The Table of Contents posts by @@The Empathetic Peacemaker are still "IN THE WORKS"

The Drag-n-Drop feature on the HG Bans hasn't worked in eons. (like over a year now) and requires the Admin/Mod to submit the ban then go back and Edit the file and upload the video manually.

Thanks @

Clicking on the "quote" button on a post that already has quotes will not put the first quote inside of the second, but this can be accomplished manually.

[spoiler=It's possible, but only manually, not by the "quote" button]

Just
This

I will add more as I find them.

Edited by Jxhn
  • Like 2

These should be fixed. But then again, this is a gaming community forum. It's being handled by volunteer work, so you can't exactly expect people to devote all of their time to the website. We are here to play games.

However, I like this post, it can serve as a changelog. I also agree that some things should simply be tidied up a bit. But just bear it in mind, a lot of these weren't working even when I joined...

The forum devs, icluding El Homer, are pretty busy people, with jobs and maybe even kids. I hope at least some of these get fixed, as the website itself has a lot of options and hidden doors :D

• Like 2

These should be fixed. But then again, this is a gaming community forum. It's being handled by volunteer work, so you can't exactly expect people to devote all of their time to the website. We are here to play games.

However, I like this post, it can serve as a changelog. I also agree that some things should simply be tidied up a bit. But just bear it in mind, a lot of these weren't working even when I joined...

The forum devs, icluding El Homer, are pretty busy people, with jobs and maybe even kids. I hope at least some of these get fixed, as the website itself has a lot of options and hidden doors :D

The main reason this thread was made was to address issues that forum devs may have not noticed.