Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Poll: Scaling Zombie Resistance Based On Human/zombie Ratio With Easy Balancing.

Life liberty

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here's the formula. It's basically the same thing that you all learned in high school to model population, but in our case it can be used to build a system that'll scale the zombies resistance based on the ratio of humans to zombies.

multiple = (MaxMultiplication) * (1 - (1/(1+e^(x-positiveOffset))) + multipleOffset

Here's a graphical example:

https://gyazo.com/97...5619f987d2557a0

I made this example a bit OP for the sake to show how easy it is to balance it. In this example, when the Human/zombie ratio is 1/1, the zombies resistance is nearly cut in half. Not good.

Simply adjust the numbers in a graphic calculator like Desmos, and you can find a more balanced example:

https://gyazo.com/f5...1cde851521f55ae

In this example, when the ratio of humans/zombies is 1/1, the multiple is 1. The game is acting as it normally would.

When the ratio is 4 humans to 1 zombie, the zombies get a 1.5x buff to their resistance.

When the ratio is 0.5 (Or about 2 zombies to 1 human) the zombies have 82.5% of their normal resistance, the lowest possible point is 64.2% of the zombies original resistance, but this is when the ratio is is 1/90. (1 human to 90 zombies ).

1.5\left(1-\frac{1}{\left(1+e^{\left(\frac{1}{90}-0.3\right)}\right)}\right)+0

Copy and paste this into Desmos and try it yourself.

Edited by Thorium

I know that, but hes referring to another way (or another function) to do it. It's pretty noticeable on low pop, especially in the morning, that the resistance is pretty unbalanced. This could probably even be fixed with a small tweak to the current method, but I cant really see how it's done.

It might also be fun to add something like an event that changes the balance for a set amount of time; maybe a bonus crate or something similar.

Incorporating other statistics in the server might also make for a more dynamic game play, but that's just off the top of my head, and probably not a great idea for a number of reasons.