Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Boss Zombie Suggestion

Snupper

Boss Zombie name : Acutus

Wave Unlock : Wave 3

Health : 1500 to 2300

Melee Damage : 37 to 48

Melee Speed : Similar to Wraith Attack Speed

Special Ability : Able to create a temporary wall

Special Ability Bind : Reload or Mouse 2

Special Ability Cooldown : 23 to 39 seconds

Wall duration : 12 to 23 seconds

Wall Size : 2 to 4 meters long

Boss Zombie Player Model : Regular sized Antlion Guardian

Mobility Speed : Poison Zombie

Credits:

Name : Drones

Stats : Antares

Edited by Antares
  • Like 1

It will be some sord of barrier so zombies can stack and then when the wall disappears they will charge again. it will block any sort of explosions preventing massive multi kills with explosive devices.

Edited by Antares

It will be some sord of barrier so zombies can stack and then when the wall disappears they will charge again. it will block any sort of explosions preventing massive multi kills with explosive devices.

This is not gonna work, something called grenades and claymores and det packs when the wall explodes, this would also not work because of trolling and just cancelling a lot of things.

No offence to the original poster and any collaborators, but this is why I write extremely long and extensive posts. I try to make sure that anything I post on here is the best quality I can manage. If you post more ideas, please be more extensive and thorough with your ideas and writing to get your point across more clearly.

I respect people that make suggestions whenever they can to provide potential content to the ZS server, but any suggestion made must be taken to a coffee shop and thought about before considering it. I'm not saying this to offend the people who came up with this suggestion; I'm saying this so in the future, your suggestions are the best they can be.

There are a few things that stand out wrong to me with this suggestion:

The Stats

One thing I noticed immediately after reading through what you wrote were the stats. The numerical values seem a bit random to me, and when considering numerical stats for damage, movement speed, health, etc. It's important to consider how these stats in-terms of game balance. For example, a boss that can deal 37 to 48 damage is noticeably stronger than normal attacks committed by Bloated, Normal, Ghoul, and Chem zombies, as well as all headcrabs, but why did you choose that numerical value? You make it too high, and players die too fast; you make it too low and the boss can't kill anyone. The reasoning behind stats is important because it's the "why" and explains your thought-process through this choice.

The Ability

Acutus can project walls; that's pretty cool because there aren't any zombie bosses available that can do that. However, many details are left out of this ability. What does the wall actually do? Is it like a barrier that blocks bullets, explosives, and flying projectiles? Does it blind players that look at it? Is its purpose for obstruction of movement (blocking players from walking in a certain direction)? Can you damage humans with it? Does it boost projectile damage committed by zombie players? Many of these are possible questions as to what this ability does, and I don't know what it does. Specifics are absolutely necessary when talking about abilities committed by certain zombie bosses because they may as well be OP, or not.

The Appearance

Acutus is suppoed to resemble an Antlion Guardian but moves as fast as a poison zombie. I'm a little confused on that because I don't know why you decided on that appearance and movement speed. Is it supposed to be a tank? Is it supposed to be a semi-damage support zombie? Having an Antlion Guardian model also means it has a huge hitbox, which is a problem because humans can easily damage it. Consider thinking about appearance and movement speed in terms of hitbox and its own role in the game because this seems a bit random to me.

One thing I tell people when considering a suggestion is to be very specific. The more specific you are with certain things, the better, especially with reasoning. If you say this zombie boss' health is going to be set at 750 and explain why, I'm more likely to be convinced it could work if the reasoning is good and it is properly balanced in-game.