Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Bleed is bullshit

Jareth26

It was tolerable when bleed stopped when you were healed, but now that seems to have changed, and bleed acts very similarly to poison damage now.

Now bleed makes every zombie essentially a poison headcrab, with unavoidable damage over time for no skill other than the initial barricade point investment.

I have seen bleed timers of around 20+ seconds, which means a slow, near-unavoidable death unless a human with the rejuvenator decides to heal you, specifically.

I suggest to change bleed back to the previous system. At least that had a counter other than "lol don't get hit" (which is sometimes near-impossible if a tickle nightmare with extended reach sneaks up).

Game-wise, you could always carry around a medkit yourself, and every round, you can include it in your usual loadouts so in the event that you're bleeding to death, you can attempt to survive by healing yourself rather than die in agony and rely on others to heal you.

Tip: don't rely on other players to heal you; most players heal for points on any ZS map unless it's an objective map. Some, however, are not that greedy.

• Like 1

Snowy, I am pretty sure you know I always bring a medkit with me every round.

You really think 10(13) HP every 10-20 odd seconds (I forget the exact cooldown) is enough when bleed does 2-3 damage every second, for 20 seconds? On top of the damage the zombie himself did?

Even with a medkit and self-healing, I still died a slow, agonizing death. Wasn't fun.

Actually, I don't know if you have a medkit as default for your loadouts every round, so I wouldn't know beforehand. I also never assumed, or concluded, that 10 health healed every 15-20 seconds would be enough to counterbalance the 2-3 damage/ second for 20 seconds, so don't think I assumed beforehand your opinion was stupid.

I think your opinion on this particular game mechanic is fair because bleed is quite powerful for the zombie team as both a weapon and damage over-time-effect.

Based on what it currently is, also based on what you provided @Jareth26:

Bleed - inflicts 2-3 damage/ second for 10-20 seconds.

We can probably change this to:

Bleed - inflicts 1.2 damage/ second for a maximum duration of 30 seconds (36 damage total), with zombie attacks generating x seconds of stacking-bleeding time per attack until the timer hits 30 seconds maximum from zombie attacks. 

This debuff can be refreshed through zombie attacks that inflict bleeding and can be removed through healing the bleeding-victim for at least 10 points of health, and the bleeding debuff can be re-applied with no cooldown should the player be struck with a bleeding attack after recovering from it. The timer for bleeding cannot be reduced.

Maybe this rework might be possible for Bleed, as I myself get caught in the tangle of what to do if I'm low on health and am bleeding to death.

Edited by Snowyamur