Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Adjust Event Zombie Point Gain... Seriously

Snowyamur

I don't usually make suggestions poorly-edited like this, but I'm frustrated by this. Ever since the ZS Spooky Holidays Event went live, in-turn making 2x Points live, Humans have been losing every single map. There are a few reasons why, but the top two reasons are emphasized below.

NOTE: as you can see by the title of this topic, the issue pertains to Zombie barricade point-gain. Skip to Reason 2 below for information pertaining solely to that. Reason 1 is just an annoyance I'm seeing happen in-game.

1.) Human players are cheap, greedy, point-whores now; they've been like this from the beginning, but it's much worse now.

We have a point-save system, and I like it, and I don't want to see this be removed for any reason or circumstance because it defines HeLLsGamers Zombie Survival, but it has turned some players into corrupted and selfish people. Every Human player is out there to make point-profit, and there's nothing wrong with that, but when greed like this impedes a player's ability to contribute something to the team, or do something worthwhile for others aside from solely on the self, then it becomes an issue. All players can earn 2x their point earnings by shooting and killing zombies, which is probably the best thing to do when 2x points is active, and many players have been doing that, but in the dumbest way I've seen: they restrict themselves to peashooter weapons, and won't use weapons one tier above their current weapon unless it's from Tier 4 - 6.

For some of you who don't know this, you do realize that the way to make more points is to spend points, right? I see people on Wave 1 use Worth Menu weapons, and I don't care if we have cards for those weapons now, they're still weak. You can say "Oh, but these cards boost their damage and fire-rate, therefore their DPS is higher;" bulls**t, their damage is still low, and I prefer to use a T1 Crossfire Glock over the "Crackler" Assault Rifle any day of the week. We have cards for Worth Menu weapons now and they improve their stats, but they don't change the gun in any shape or form to make them any better than what they are now; they're still the same starter weapons, and they are still weak.

If Human players realize that if they want to profit, they have to invest into better gear for improved gains, defending would be much more effective, and caders like myself wouldn't have to worry about our back line being rushed by 5 - 6 zombie players who somehow broke through because even while we had people shooting, they were using low-tier weapons, thus they couldn't do s**t even if they tried. This, however, isn't the real problem; this is an annoyance, but not the main issue.

2.) Zombie Point Gain has been boosted to the point that it's like we're fighting end-game bosses with low-level weapons

Now, Human players being way too cheap is not the main issue. Changing what guns Humans will buy or whether they point-whore or not isn't a realistic solution because I, nor the admins, can control the actions of other players; they are their own being. However, while that's an issue, the greatest issue I see lies in the boosted barricade point-gain for Zombie players, and this is an issue that CAN BE FIXED.

Zombie players now gain 1.5x barricade points for the entire event. Remember, this event is TWO WEEKS, and it's only been TWO DAYS into the event where Humans have been losing every map. I have little against Zombie mains; I actually admire and respect them for going a role that many people refuse to take on, at least back when being Zombie was the worst thing ever; now it seems to be for Points ever since the update to give Zombies point-gain.

However, let's get that out of the way; the real issue is the boosted barricade point-gain. Having Blood Cradle was a great addition to Zombies, and giving perks to Zombies was an idea I suggested and was already underway with Forrest and Marco, and its deployment was quite successful. I wouldn't remove it, and I'm sure as hell many Z-mains wouldn't want it removed, either. However, one of its core mechanics was making Zombie damage to barricades accumulate "Barricade points" and Zombie players can spend these points for perks that could increase their damage, movement speed, resistances etc.

When you take a core mechanic from any already-completed videogame and modify it positively or negatively,  you're already taking a step into risky territory with the point of no return.

Taking Barricade Point accumulation and only slightly boosting it by 0.5x has to be one of the most negatively- and positively-devastating changes I've seen, especially for a 2x event, for two sides. For the Humans, the negative change is that we can barely survive because around Wave 2 or 3, Zombies have all the buffs they need to win, so we're constantly losing every round on every map. For the Zombies, the change is positive because they're gaining their buffs so early that while we have low-tier weapons, they have superior damage and resistances that make them almost impossible to repel, but we can still repel them with little success, yet nonetheless, we're still being shredded.

That's the issue here; Zombies are able to gain high-cost buffs that make them powerful and dangerous against both Humans and their barricades, but mainly their barricades because I'm seeing well-built cades fall apart like twigs. The buffs that I feel are becoming accessible too early and becoming hard for Humans to "counter" against include:

• Ruin (damage-over-time on barricades)
  • Eviscerator (increased damage)
  • Blood Armor (armor-layer to protect health)
  • Fury Rush (increased attack speed)
  • Enhanced Zombie (increased health)
  • Extended Claws (increased attack range)
  • Runner Gene (increased movement, therefore reinforcement, speed)
  • Blood Warden (bleed on Human hit)

I can confirm that every zombie player by at least Wave 2 will have 5 out of the 8 perks listed above, and toppled with infinite respawning, they've become an enemy placed in a state that's unfair for Human players. They can rip through well-constructed and multi-layered barricades, they can almost insta-kill Human players, and they're so strong at the beginning of a round. As a Human player, I feel like fighting a Level 100 boss with a Level 5 character, and I can guarantee I would get my ass handed to me within seconds; that's what's happening here.

Solution:

Some solutions I have include: 

• lowering the zombie barricade point-gain rate to something higher than 1.0x, but lower than 1.5x
  • substantially-boost the barricade point costs for zombie perks so that they don't have all the perks achieved on Wave 1
  • removing the barricade point-gain boost altogether and not adjusting any Zombie perk effectiveness, stats, or cost

Whichever way is taken, something needs to be done about this. I won't bother making a well-built barricade if it's going to be destroyed by something almost impossible to repel effectively.

Edited by Snowyamur

I would also like to add that with this thread, I am NOT against any Z-mains who asked about whether barricade points would also be boosted for the event or not. As I said, I respect Z-mains because in some ways, it's a skill, but you can't say something's a skill when you're given some unfair advantage that makes you already-stronger than what would be considered "fair game."