Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Snowyamur

I've made a new GDD for Neuro-Fiber Armor, an interesting take on body armor for Human players that regenerates over time.

The information and design for this suggestion are accessible via the link below:

Neuro-Fiber Armor 1.0

If you have any questions, comments, concerns, or opinions on this suggestion, feel free to let me know belw.

Edited by Snowyamur

We have to consider that most of the starting zombies are actual new players or people that are still trying to understand how the game works. We have to consider that mostly of the humans killed either go AFK until the next map or leave the game.

By what was said above, it means that mostly of the times, playing as a zombie is not fun, specially for those who don't yet understand how everything works or just simple find that the zombies lacks in content on the first waves.

By adding this, I would think we would probably have to add a new zombie class or zombie classes (more than one) or really make the purchase of this armor expensive on the worth menu on the point of people having to either pick up it or the items they always had.

we have to remember that humans have range attack since the first wave, while zombies are mostly melee, they either have to sneak attack the humans or wait until the unlocked classes are avaible to be able to actually do something, and adding this armor, removes comepletely their chance of redeeming or having a successful attack.

If the Z team actually worked as "a team" zombies are indeed good and the human survavibility is lowered by alot, but yet mostly of the time people are just playing it by themselvs.

In resume, giving one more layer of defense to humans would mean having to sacrifice what they could do if purchasing it, or either buff zombies or add more things to the zombie team in order to have a fun gameplay for both sides.

Heres a good exemple, the armor perk on the health kit, the armor it gives just gives the player alot advantage and reaction time to escape death. the Tatical vest as well, it turns the player into something closer to a tank class able to escape any zombie, including bosses.

A good balance for it would be having the player to be slower when having this specific armor equiped for exemple.

The Idea is nice tho.

Edited by Hugin&Munin
  • Thanks 1

We have to consider that most of the starting zombies are actual new players or people that are still trying to understand how the game works. We have to consider that mostly of the humans killed either go AFK until the next map or leave the game.

By what was said above, it means that mostly of the times, playing as a zombie is not fun, specially for those who don't yet understand how everything works or just simple find that the zombies lacks in content on the first waves.

By adding this, I would think we would probably have to add a new zombie class or zombie classes (more than one) or really make the purchase of this armor expensive on the worth menu on the point of people having to either pick up it or the items they always had.

we have to remember that humans have range attack since the first wave, while zombies are mostly melee, they either have to sneak attack the humans or wait until the unlocked classes are avaible to be able to actually do something, and adding this armor, removes comepletely their chance of redeeming or having a successful attack.

If the Z team actually worked as "a team" zombies are indeed good and the human survavibility is lowered by alot, but yet mostly of the time people are just playing it by themselvs.

In resume, giving one more layer of defense to humans would mean having to sacrifice what they could do if purchasing it, or either buff zombies or add more things to the zombie team in order to have a fun gameplay for both sides.

Heres a good exemple, the armor perk on the health kit, the armor it gives just gives the player alot advantage and reaction time to escape death. the Tatical vest as well, it turns the player into something closer to a tank class able to escape any zombie, including bosses.

A good balance for it would be having the player to be slower when having this specific armor equiped for exemple.

The Idea is nice tho.

@Hugin&Munin

One thing that I've included as a possibly-fair and balanced addition for the Human Team was to have Neuro-Fiber be a perk. From the game design document, if Neuro-Fiber is integrated as a perk, what makes it fair for the Zombie Team is that Humans don't gain Body Armor automatically; it must build up over-time. Although players that have this perk regenerate 0.5 Body Armor/ second, which equates to about 30 Body Armor/ minute, the maximum armor that can be regenerated is 50 Body Armor, which is fairly-low, and Zombies can tear through that easily compared to if the player had an instant 100 Body Armor.

You are right, I haven't considered that the Zombie players be new to the game, but if they were new, their goal isn't that hard or complex to understand compared to what the Human players have to do. They have to barricade, have healers, have proper equipment, have the best-damaging weapons possible in their current wave, etc., while Zombies only have to worry about being able to run at something and slash at it.

I will consider the idea for adding more to the Zombie Team to make it fair for players that do purchase Neuro-Fiber as a perk (if implemented), but if it gets implemented as equipment or starting equipment, that's when things get tricky. In anticipation of this, I'm revising the Neuro-Fiber GDD and adding a new one later on to satisfy the need for armor at the beginning, while keeping a balance between the Human and Zombie Teams by coming up with possibly-balanced additions to the Zombie Team.

• Like 1

I've changed a lot of things around for this game design document. Some of the changes are actually on this thread itself, but for the most part, Neuro-Fiber Armor is now just "Neuro-Fiber" and it's a perk. Check the changes via the link below:

Neuro-Fiber 1.3

Changes:

• The Suggestion Thread adjustments:
    • Changed title of this thread to "Neuro-Fiber (Perk) | ZS Suggestion"
      • this title suits more well, plus, as a perk, this opens up another possible integration for Zombie Survival for the Human Team.
  • Changed the file name and title of the game design document to simply "Neuro-Fiber."
    • it sounds cooler.
  • Synopsis adjustments:
    • Revised all of the information to be more concise and straight-forward.
      • simplified logistics and basic foundation to provide a better background leading up to the creation of Neuro-Fiber.
  • Added a Rundown section, which is my new take on describing a new game mechanic, and only the game mechanic.
  • Replaced Neuro-Fiber Armor - Mechanical Attributes (Perk) with Mechanical Attributes section, which is a two-word-simplified version of saying, "the mechanics are here."
    • Adjusted introductory information to describe how Neuro-Fiber is balanced.
      • this will be a normal for most game mechanics I design from now on.
    • Worth Cost increased from 50 to 70.
  • Removed Neuro-Fiber Armor - Mechanical Attributes (Starter Kit).
  • Removed Neuro-Fiber Armor - Mechanical Attributes (Equipment).
  • Replaced Neuro-Fiber Armor - GUI with Graphical Illustration section, which is GUI, but clarified and more concise.
    • Adjusted introductory information to provide a premise for how Neuro-Fiber would be represented as an icon.
  • Replaced Neuro-Fiber Armor - Graphical Information with Illustrative Representation section, which is Graphical Representation, but better and [hopefully] more informative and distinguishing.
    • Adjusted introductory information to provide a premise for how the information for Neuro-Fiber will be stated.
    • Removed "As Equipment" sub-section.
    • Removed "As a Perk" sub-section to include only the hover-over information.
Edited by Snowyamur

I've made a minor update for Neuro-Fiber. The updated GDD can be accessed via the link below:

Neuro-Fiber 1.3a

Changes:

• Illustrative Representations adjustments:
    • Added a few words and slight clarity-fixes to reinforce the description for how Neuro-Fiber mechanically-works in-game.
Edited by Snowyamur
  • Like 1