Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Trade 2 Suggestion to Stop Spawn Camping

I think I might have something that might cut down on the spawn camping of Trade 2 and that would be to put in a door system like on trade 5 so effectively anytime a lever or button would be interacted with it would open the doors at the person's or team's digression. It could be put on a cool down of 30 seconds so someone can't troll or lag the server by repeatedly shooting the button. I think it would be easier to put in then some killing boundary or reflecting damage area near the spawns which has been discussed, and would minimally effect how people might play on Trade 2.

I would probably lose more population. Most of trade #2's population like to spawn camp so, taking away that would possibly decrease the population dramatically. Also, Trade #5 doesn't have a door system. You're thinking of our old trade #4 map. Trade #5 has a trigger that stops projectiles and if we added that spawn camping would then consist of heavys and snipers so at the moment, let's just leave it alone.

The spawn setup that is on Trade #2, has worked in its current form since its release. With that said, there have always been people to prefer it for it's accessibility from either team, as well as simplification. I would have more sympathy towards this idea if it was a killing-based server, but it isn't. The server is designed for trading, it's in the name: "[HG] Trade #2 Minecraft 2014." Spawn camping has always been, and always will be a factor that individuals will have to compensate with.

The rumor that Trade #2's population is dying is completely false and if anything, the rumor was created with the intent of trying to start a movement to fix the "issue." If anything, it is the complete opposite. The population on TF2 HG Servers have been greatly increasing in the past few weeks and have not slowed to any extent. The population growth isn't limited to Trade #2 either, Trade #1, #3, and #5, have all had more than a handful of random players over the past few days. I see absolutely no reason for concern with this subject.