Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Infamous crash when zombies spawn (any wave)

TheRealGoatzy

Hiya HG, anyone, everyone.

I would like to make a thread on the crashing that occurs when zombies spawn in. Could be during start of round, or after intermission is over. It has occurred to me on both. In my attempt to debug, I've tried a lot to fix.

Here has what i've done to try to remedy this beforehand:

• Validated game files
  • Reloaded textures (using hg in game menu)
  • Clean wipe of gmod install (reinstallation)
  • Installation on totally separate computer.

Since none of them worked,  i enabled -condebug parameter on start of gmod to generate a console.log file in the gmod install folder. I've narrowed in the crash (so i think) and my findings below. In darkside, before wave 1 started, i nailed a file cabinet and was unailing it right before wave started. When wave started, i crashed. and rejoined. Console shows the following

Goatzy (STEAM_0:1:15314787) removed nail from prop: models/props_wasteland/controlroom_desk001b.mdl/models/props_wasteland/controlroom_filecabinet002a.mdl
Initializing Awesomium..
Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed (p2p_enabled)
No Kinect SDK
Network: IP 192.168.42.1, mode MP, dedicated No, ports 27015 SV / 27005 CL
Connecting to 45.34.7.238:27015...
Addons have changes - remounting
Connected to 45.34.7.238:27015

Zombie Survival
Map: zs_darkside_v1
Players: 83 / 128
Build: 7472
Server Number: 39

There seems to be a reconnect attempt by the game for some reason following the "Parent cvar in server.dll not allowed". This has been seen in a previous attempt to identify the issue but i couldn't narrow it down as there was a lot of other stuff that i figured it might be as well so i wanted to see if another crash helped narrow it down:

Other stuff that i thought it was:

Unknown command: dlib_hud_shift
Unknown command: translator_enabled

:1: Uncaught ReferenceError: jwplayer is not defined

MDLCache: Failed load of .VVD data for weapons\w_hammer.mdl

[DTJ Weapon Drawer] Attempted to load missing config file 'dtj/weaponhud/slot_config_1436349405.txt'

Requesting texture value from var "$basetexture" which is not a texture value (material: pp/copy)

Couldn't create BASS audio stream (unsupported file format)
Failed to load sound "weapons\kf2\medicdart\medicdart_heal.ogg", file probably missing from disk/repository

Couldn't create BASS audio stream (unsupported file format)
Failed to load sound "weapons\tfa_kf2\mace\hitflesh_1.ogg", file probably missing from disk/repository

I am not asking for a fix at this time as its still unclear if all this is related but i am asking for more people to attempt to enable -condebug in gmod start parameters and see if they experience the same crash with the same messages showing up. Maybe if we get a better understanding of this, we can do something about it. 

-TheRealGoatzy