Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Interning question

Destroy

So i am currently learning about data structures in college aka cpsc 131, I have to pass the epp test in order to proceed to the next level of my computer science class. I am applying to be interns for a couple of places and small companies because theres no way i can be up to apples, netflix, facebooks caliber in my opinion. Does anyone know any good companies in california that i could apply to work there for summer 2020? I only have skills in C++ (2 years) (html and css and javascript, 2 semesters total of them).

My most recent project, if anyones interested, like kevin or whoever.

pj1.png

pj2.png

pj3.png

pj4.png

pj5.png

pj6.png

• Like 1

I would first say have your portfolio, LinkedIn, and résumé all set up and ready to go before you start trying to find internships @Destroy. I think based on your current experience, you sound like a viable applicant, but there are liars these days, and recruiters will not take your word for it that easily when you tell them about what you can do.

For your portfolio, because you are targeting for an internship in something programming- and tech-related, I would set up your GitHub or GitLab, whichever you prefer, and push your code to repositories you make on either one and have them shown.

For your résumé, that depends on what internship you are seeking out, and that needs to be the first thing you need to think about because what role you choose will be what you tailor your résumé to.