Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

It's the holiday season

Destiny Your Enemy

Happy chrismahanukwazakah! (yes that's Christmas, Hanukah, and Kwanzaa all in there) 

What does everyone want for Christmas...or any other holiday I don't know I'm not typing every holiday all over again. 

What's your budget for this holiday season?

Do you even care about this holiday?

Do you feel old knowing you have lived another decade?

To another year of HG 

• Like 2

• Executive Council

I would like several things for Christmas but will probably not get anything I want but we shall see! Christmas is my favorite time and holiday of the year. I usually spend $2000 to $5000 on Christmas for my kids and family but some years I end up spending a lot more then that! I always take care of my mother very well. Somedays I feel older and some days I feel young but at 34 years old that is expected I guess. Cheers to another great year in HG

What [do you] want for Christmas?

Honestly, over the years of dealing with stress, anxiety, and family problems, I've went from being a greedy, spoiled brat to a more caring, considerate, and money-saving kind of person. I don't ask for expensive stuff for Christmas. Instead, what I ask for this Christmas is to be able to see and spend time with my family, as well as not kill myself because of how mentally and emotionally draining school can be, especially college.

If I wanted something object-, material-, or digital-related for Christmas, I wish I could have 4-5 year subscription plans off my Adobe Creative Plan so I can keep on doing graphics, digital art, and animation. I would've asked it for Autodesk Maya, but I'm on a student plan, so it's free :D  

If I wanted something ridiculously expensive, but worth it, I would ask for Zbrush software, or a WACOM Cintiq drawing tablet.

What's your budget for this holiday season?

Oof, I can't answer that easily. I'm a college student, so I'm broke. If I had to give an estimate, probably like 150 - 200 USD, given I don't work, and I need that money to eat n' stuff. I'll probably watch some 3D CG animated films that released this year, notably Frozen 2 and Spies in Disguise as the ones I definitely want to watch. I also wanted to see The Missing Link stop-motion film, as I love stop-motion films after watching Coraline and analyzing that film.

But yeah, I would say I'm on a budget of around 150 - 200 USD.

Do you even care about this holiday?

In a way, yeah. Christmas is a time to spend time with family and not have to worry about work, so that's a huge plus. I also like Christmas because it's associated with "snow" and "cold," both of which I love for terms, and the first word in my username is SNOWYamur after all; gotta stick to the names.

But I also like it because it is my opportunity to give back to people I deeply care about in the form of gifts.

Do you feel old knowing you have lived another decade?

No, because I haven't lived in this world long enough to say that. I definitely feel older, but I definitely don't feel old. 

Okay, mentally, I do feel like a 79 year-old man, but physically, I'm a Spring Chicken. I only hope to continue doing what I do while I'm still around, as living is getting a lot harder with the U.S. currency becoming increasingly more inflated, and the housing prices in my area become ridiculously out of scope.

Here's to another year to the HG Community

Edited by Snowyamur
Oops, forgot to add the "to another year of HG" line