Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

missing maps?

spaezitzle

The error goes "missing map 'mapname'", disconnecting.

i have done all the fixes is and it seems to only be an issue with zombie survival. I can download all other content on gmod.

please help i havent been able to play for days!

i do not want to reinstall gmod as i have slow internet. I deleted all maps luas as well as addons and verified the cache. i'm stumped dudes. Hope to hear from you guys! I love zmod

Edited by spaezitzle

You probably shouldn't have deleted the map files that the server downloads for your client to use, especially if you have slow Internet, because now you have to redownload them through FastDL when you join the server again. Don't delete files carelessly like that.

The error you get on trying to connect to the ZS server is something I deal with a lot myself. It's basically FastDL not downloading the map(s) properly, or completely, when you try to enter the game, so when you auto-disconnect, it means you weren't able to download the map. I'm not sure what "fixes" you are referring to when you said you've "done all the fixes," but one way to fix this problem is to simply try reconnecting and being patient until the map successfully downloads and you can enter the server. That's worked for me, though; for your case, it could be a different fix, of which I unfortunately can't provide.

@McLovin this kind of problem is why we need to have a Cloud drive for all of our ZS server map files so players can download the maps on their own time and not have to deal with this error. I deal with this myself every time I try to join an obj. map because the files are pretty big, and I disconnect because the downloads are unsuccessful.

15 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

You probably shouldn't have deleted the map files that the server downloads for your client to use, especially if you have slow Internet, because now you have to redownload them through FastDL when you join the server again. Don't delete files carelessly like that.

The error you get on trying to connect to the ZS server is something I deal with a lot myself. It's basically FastDL not downloading the map(s) properly, or completely, when you try to enter the game, so when you auto-disconnect, it means you weren't able to download the map. I'm not sure what "fixes" you are referring to when you said you've "done all the fixes," but one way to fix this problem is to simply try reconnecting and being patient until the map successfully downloads and you can enter the server. That's worked for me, though; for your case, it could be a different fix, of which I unfortunately can't provide.

@McLovin this kind of problem is why we need to have a Cloud drive for all of our ZS server map files so players can download the maps on their own time and not have to deal with this error. I deal with this myself every time I try to join an obj. map because the files are pretty big, and I disconnect because the downloads are unsuccessful.

you're very right. my location is currently on very slow internet i live far out in the mountains. I use a wifi box with only 15gb fast dl per month then its 250kb per second. 1/4 of a mb! Lol. my data however has reset and yeah, ill just have to keep reconnecting i guess. Like u said they simply need to make a post with all maps downloadable. if i can get the maps downloaded via chrome or outside of gmod they will download just fine! gmods a very outdated engine of course we get errors.

15 hours ago, Snowyamur said:

the general idea for my "fixes" are that possibly the maps folders addons as well as luas could be conflicting with download. u are right, i was wrong and my problem still persists however. for days i was downloading maps fine and it just doesn't make sense. why not work now?