Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

Player model errors

Squat

Usually, if you're getting missing textures on a server, uninstalling and reinstalling Garry's Mod wouldn't be the first thing you do. That doesn't fix all the problems, and you waste time having to reinstall afterwards.

If you're going on our ZS server and still encountering missing textures for the donator PMs, it's likely you downloaded them incorrectly, possibly due to poor Internet connection.

Here are a few things to try to fix this issue:

Verify your game cache

Often times, your GMod client might not have the files it needs, or it may have downloaded incomplete files. Verifying your game cache allows your files to be validated to ensure what you need is there, and when missing, Steam will download the needed files.

Note: The validation mainly applies to base game files. Some, but not all, server and Workshop files will be validated, so there's no guarantee everything will be caught and fixed through a validation process.

The verifying process won't catch everything, but often times, when I run into problems with my GMod client, the first thing I do is I verify its game cache. These problems include missing textures, and sometimes, verifying the cache does the trick.

Download the required Workshop items

Our ZS server uses items that come from the Workshop. We have to keep these resources on the Workshop because the server downloads and reads from them.

The latest collection with all the content for our ZS server can be found here and here.

If you download all the required server content beforehand from those two collections, you will load in faster, but best of all, you won't have to rely on FastDL to download the content for you. So, the next time you join the server, all the missing textures will be restored.

Note: From checking the collections, not all the models are there, so there's no guarantee all missing textures will be restored.

Delete your GMod cache folder

Whenever you download something for a server, GMod creates and stores cache files on your local drive so the files can be easily retrieved again when you download them. If you happen to download something incorrectly and incompletely, cache files for those downloads will be saved. That's a problem when you're trying to download the entirety of files, as cache files may prevent this.

Sometimes, things may not fix after leaving and reentering the server because of these cache files, so a possible fix for your missing textures problem would be to delete these cache files.

The folder you need to delete can be found in Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\GarrysMod\garrysmod. It will be called cache. Go ahead and delete that folder, then validate your GMod client again, then launch it.

I hope any of these solutions help.