Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

100 Traps

MaTt

As the original 100 traps God and the first one to add it to minigames. I say adding it is a very bad idea. I rather have a 24/7 100 traps server that way people that want to practice can. Issue is that there is always enough people that want to continue trying that RTVing off that map is very hard to do.

Imo we should do 100 traps event or something. Like 100 traps nights. Where we do 100 traps and do some sort of ghost stories teamspeak event at the same time. Idk

Conclusion: I've seen 100 traps kill pop every single time. People leave and the ones that don't won't rtv,  so even more people leave. It was a bad idea when I first added it, and its a bad idea now 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Icon said:

Imo we should do 100 traps event or something. Like 100 traps nights. Where we do 100 traps and do some sort of ghost stories teamspeak event at the same time. Idk

This is a solid idea, a lot of new people, especially those who never played minigames or didn't play often in the past, will be exposed to the map before being a potential addition to minigames, if people don't like the map or can barely beat it by the end of the event, that should decide whether or not people like the map in today's dynamic.

43 minutes ago, Icon said:

Conclusion: I've seen 100 traps kill pop every single time. People leave and the ones that don't won't rtv,  so even more people leave. It was a bad idea when I first added it, and its a bad idea now 

As much as I love 100 traps as a map, this is simply the ultimatum here. 100 traps is loved by a very niche population of minigames across all-time, and especially in today's dynamic people will nominate course maps then instantly RTV it when they can't beat it. 100 traps is a very time-intensive map and this conclusion is exactly how the map will go.

On 1/29/2021 at 1:26 PM, Icon said:

As the original 100 traps God and the first one to add it to minigames. I say adding it is a very bad idea. I rather have a 24/7 100 traps server that way people that want to practice can. Issue is that there is always enough people that want to continue trying that RTVing off that map is very hard to do.

I would fuck with a 100 Traps/Scary Movie night on the server every week/every few weeks if it’s something people want :) 

I think adding 100 traps should just be decided by a community poll, with the various suggestions above listed.

ex.)

A- Dont add 100 traps

B - Create a 24/7 100 traps server again

C- (as snowkid suggested) make the map change automatically after a given period of time and increase the time it can be nominated again 

D- Add 100 traps (without any limits)

E- Create a weekly 100 traps scary movie night event (as Jericho suggested) wherein the map is changed to 100 traps for the duration of whatever movie 

As a map that takes almost a half hour to complete, when you know what your doing, the most important question is how long the map timer should be. If its too short, people wont be able to complete the map, and if it's too long, people who don't want to play the map have to sit through it.

If we were to add it, I suggest the round timer be on the shorter end, such as 10 minutes. If a majority of the players want to keep playing, they can extend the map longer, and if not, the map changes to something else.

The problem comes in when people join the minigames server expecting one thing and end up on 100 traps for 40 minutes because the majority people on the server want it, so they leave, killing the potential pop. So there should be an upper limit on the amount of times the map can be extended.

My personal opinion is that the map doesn't have a real place on the server, and it should not be added for any significant time. It would potentially mess with the pop and the most important aspect of a fun minigames server is having people to play with; and with pop, you get more pop as people join specifically because there are lots people on.

Edited by Icaema