Welcome to The Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads

question about abuse

WizardKevin101

I'm quite new so i'm not entirely sure where to put this. anyways...

i was banned from the jailbreak server for disrespect. i called a guy a fa**** ONCE, and he banned me. however, he hates me and said over mic on an opiniated day: but it's Habenero, you're supposed to kill him.

a round or two later i called him a fa**** who hates me, and he said he was tempted to ban me for disrespect. i then said that he just hated me and if he could he would ban me for hours every day. finally, as i was typing that just because i'm a kid doesn't mean i don't deserve as much respect as he does, and right before i hit ENTER to send it, he banned me.

no proof, but faithless was there but i'm not asking you to talk to him. i just want to know if its admin abuse. no names are mentioned (except mine) because i don't want this in an investigation.

if you can get back to me sr admins, i'd very much appreciate it.

thanks,

Habenero/WizardKevin101

Edited by Slazenger

Habenero is too often abused and harassed by the members of jailbreak I don't know the whole story here but people really need to act their age and respect others >.>. Every time he is on I have to continually warn people not to disrespect him, it honestly needs to change.

1. Over the mic I said "Habenero, not many people like him, you should kill him".

2. How do I hate you? I've never even said that I do.

3. I said I was tempted to ban you since I didn't remember at that moment that Blade already warned the server about disrespecting, then I did and I banned you.

Screenshot is below.

habenero.png

When Blade warned me that was... what, 2 or 3 days ago? i think one warning, then a BAN that are DAYS apart aren't very fair. and all i wanted was an answer to my question: was it admin abuse. you guys argue with a warning given days ago. then you ban me for calling one person a fa****. not right... so thanks for giving me the answer guys. when has the getting kicked THEN banned for disrespect? its in the MOTD...

When Blade warned me that was... what, 2 or 3 days ago? i think one warning, then a BAN that are DAYS apart aren't very fair. and all i wanted was an answer to my question: was it admin abuse. you guys argue with a warning given days ago. then you ban me for calling one person a fa****. not right... so thanks for giving me the answer guys. when has the getting kicked THEN banned for disrespect? its in the MOTD...

if you know the admin side of the motd why dont you know the player side

Why is when ever someone is banned they say "why didnt you warn me"

1st off motd is a warning

2nd if you want a warning you know what your doing is wrong so why do it

When they put

Disrespecting anyone= warn then ban
I dont think they meant MOTD is your first warning...

But seriously!!! How can you ban Hab for calling you a fa****, thats so cute!

We've all raged and banned ppl that call us "fa****s admins" or "idiot admins" or even "faggy badmins" but those are the people we dont know, we know Hab, we know he takes a lot of crap. I think we should let him give a little without being severly punished.

Thanks for posting in General so we all can post our opinions .:doof:

How about you explain to me why everyone feels it is necessary to disrespect and put Habenero down? That certainly isn't right.

The respect thing goes both ways. You can't expect someone to be respectful towards you if you disrespect them.

1. Over the mic I said "Habenero, not many people like him, you should kill him".
Why would you even consider saying something like that? Edited by Slazenger
Added Fracture's Quote

The bottom line here guy is pick and choose your comments correctly...We live in a politicaly correct world...What that means to you is learn to watch your mouth...simple as that...If you are looking for sympathy, then I have to say that you have none...bottom line "Watch your fuckin mouth/keyboarding when in an HG server." Problem solved...

this sorta stuff happens all the time to me. i remember there being a gunplant/bait/other motd crap in the msay chat, but when you are disrespected every day on the server by the same people, when half of them are admins, you get done. you get tired of it, and i wasn't even talking to fracture. i know i have some people on my side like faithless and splizes and a few others, but there are always more enemies than allies. i put up with this crap every day at school too. have any of you taken this kinda crap all your life? if so, then you know what i feel like. if not, and you're someone who hates kids just because of their age and so you treat them like crap... its that "treat others the way you want to be treated" thing. adults are not excluded just because their adults. i think kids deserve just as much respect as other people.

I realize this thread has been moved to abuse, so I probably shouldn't be posting in it, but a thought I'd like to leave you with is, if it wasn't habenero, would the same action have been taken? Disrespect is usually ignored by everyone (including admins) until it gets out of hand. Unless of course, you are waiting for an excuse to ban someone

Edited by F4ithl3ss

A little off topic here but... why do all the admins use their commands with !.

If you use / then no one sees it so you're not displaying your admin to everyone like a threat. It may be my opinion but I prefer people don't know I'm an admin. You get a lot less "false respect" and it's easier to clean out the douchebags for when you're not there.

Besides, what's the point of typing !msay.....

EXAMPLE:

HG | Kinta: !msay Don't do that <----- #1 said it once

(ALL): Don't do that <--- #2 said it again. Pointless?

Anyways, try using @

Say: @ Don't do that

(All) Don't do that

Team_say: @ Don't do that

(Admins)HG | Kinta: Don't do that

I wasn't gonna say anything at first and idk if I even have a place in saying anything, but I think in general the rule of "respect all players" does need to be enforced a bit more. and that should go from point a: player to player to point z: player to admin. I personally don't know alot of the admins, nor do i know this guy with the problem but i can understand the little disrespect he gets on the server for being a kid. I may not be called a kid myself but I get similar disrespect on the jailbreak server for being a girl and quite honestly I wouldn't want to put up with it either. I realise admins are only human like the rest of us, but idk about Habenero, but there have been alot of times when I get harrassed and maybe not so much from admins...but when i ask for help from them I get totally ignored to like no return.

If I'm in the wrong here just let me know and i'll shut up, but that's just my two cents.

you're not in the wrong dizy. if its been moved to abuse reports then... well its turned into a giant investigation/discussion. this is NOT what i wanted. however just so everyone knows, i'm not the kind of person to go run to adults or people who can take care of this and tattle every chance i get. i deal with this for months, even years before i tell, and then i still try and take care of it myself unless an adult FORCES their way in. just so everyone knows.

Alright, one aspect of being an admin is seeing things from both sides.

Habenero you do get fucked with a lot and I personally try to prevent it. Yes, fracture shouldnt have said that but the action he took was legit.

Was only a temp ban and is now expired. I guess frac needs to be more careful in future.

/thread

Might as well say something that could benefit everyone?

I know it's a little late, but I'm trying to help :amuse:

Habenero. In all honestly, I do not think people disrespect you very much because of the fact you are a kid. First, it builds seriously. Many people just hear others disrespecting you then assume things, which isn't right. Secondly, JailBreak is about having fun! When you give orders you are very dead serious all the time and intense and people who are going there to relax and have fun cannot because everyone is on edge. Also, you play alot of First/Last Reaction, and people hate that. In all honestly, if you loosen up a bit, have some fun with it and shrug off the initial insults I think you will see positive results on the server. Oh, and if something is close, like you think they moved or something, maybe you should just go a little easy on them at times, so you aren't accused of freekilling which tarnishes your name. If they move a little or they are a second after the time limit, big deal.

Anyway, have fun everyone!

~Roxxor

this is probably late too, but i don't ALWAYS do first/last reaction. when i get lead i do cool things like obstacle and 300 day and zombie free days because i try to make friends. i'm serious about it because i'm a very competitive person i guess. i try to loosen up and be nice and stuff, but then people insult me when i kill others not following orders and then everyone accuses me of freekilling. i'll go ahead and try it, see what happens. thx roxxor.

I've really seen this guy get a lot of abuse from admins, I've even seen admin slapping him during lr... that is not right, we should respect all players equally, even those we hate deserve a right treatment when an unfair situation has come to our hands.

I agree with hab completely its probably really hard for him to lighten up with people constantly giving him shit. And hab does have fun days but alot of T's rebble just because they don't like him. So with the frsutration first/last reaction is probably just about the only game he can play sucessfully while leading